OpenVR support

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RaceRoom, Jan 25, 2017.

1. skswat

skswat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Best news! :relieved: VR support in RaceRoom is just awesome. I hope support for this will be improved more and more. :relieved:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Bind buttons to head movement in options and turn this off in game.
    Then instead changed the values in the car you like to drive in: GameData/Cars/"the car you like"/Cameras/cockpit_driver_view
    And find this:
    <orientationSpeed type="Vector">{0.00000000 0.00000000 0.00000000}</orientationSpeed>)
    I have them set to 10.00000000 60.00000000 1.00000000

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Personal opinion on this, but RR doesnt seem to run very well with the newest gpus in general. Pascal just doesnt play nicely with RR and all of its DX9 goodness.

Jumping from a single gtx 660 (since RR doesnt support SLI) to 1070 just wasnt nearly as big of a performance increase as it should have been.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Neawoulf

Neawoulf Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I'm getting a black screen with the Oculus Rift CV1 too when i start the game with in vr mode. Tried several things like lowering graphical details in desktop mode, tried different settings in steam vr, tried it in fullscreen or window mode. Also restarted my system, nothing helped.

My system:
    Windows 10
    i5 2500k
    8 GB Ram
    GTX 1070

All drivers are up to date, all my other vr games (Assetto Corsa, Project CARS, Dirt Rally, The Lab, Doom 3 with VR mod) work perfectly fine.

5. Magus

Magus Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    OKAY, the problem is running the game through SImVibe results in a blurry mess. Run it from Steam and all is crisp and lovely

• Like Like x 3
  6. Magus

Magus Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    okay next question, how to get this game running through SImvibe looking crisp?

EDIT: The fix is in SC4 to place the following in Settings/Games/R3E/Advanced/Parameters: -applaunch 211500 -vr 1.5 -silent

Obviously using -vr xx at your proffered level & then game will launch directly form SC4. Note that in Steam properties you should leave the launch option for R3E blank.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  7. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    What do you type in the start up in properties? (the launch options)

8. Skombijohn

Skombijohn New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Also got Problems here.

- Running Oculus Rift
    - Oculus Client software running
    - Steam VR started
    - Added command line option "-vr 2.0" (of course without the qoutes).
    - Started the game.
    - Steam "Theater" shows the splash screen.
    - When the normal loading screens appear, headset shows the generic steam VR "room".
    - Normal PC Screen shows the Screens in the upper third of my screen
    - Upon entering the menu, the menu stays at the upper third of my screen. Oculus still shows nothing.
    - Mouse control is crazy offset, but menu is usable as buttons get highlighted.
    - Entered Race.
    - Upon entering car, the screen is now used fully, but quite distorted.
    - Still nothing on Oculus.

9. Magus

Magus Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I had this problem after i deleted the Raceroom save data in My Docs/Games/Simbin

To fix it:
    Start the game in normal mode, as I had deleted my settings, i reset my game options, controller etc.
    Then exit
    Then enter -vr & boot in VR mode

10. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I have the Steam Theater mode ticked off, can you try that?

11. Nockitsch is back

Nockitsch is back Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I had a black screen as well. And like the other guy said a system reboot worked. Good luck mate.
    Thanks again Sector 3, now i can deinstall AC again :) All my lovely old power cars (Group 5, GTO's etc.) in lovely VR,i'm so sold again :D. Too bad i go for a trip exactly THIS weekend. It's an unfair world :persevere:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hell-Fiend™

Hell-Fiend™ Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    alright Guys i managed to get the game working in VR and this what i found my specs are I5 4670K 4.4 16 Gigs Ram 980TI this is what i did to get acceptable performance (still needs more optimization)

- VR 2.5
    - everything on Medium
    - DO NOT use Asynchronous Reprojection if your using Oculus Rift that will fuck up the game it becomes very choppy
    - If your using the Oculus Tool and rescale from there the game becomes very blurry but runs better so use the Steam way to make it look better
    If anyone can suggest or add to the above would be helpful to all devs & players Thanks! :)

13. Neawoulf

Neawoulf Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I tried "-vr", "-vr 1.6" and "-vr 2.0" No difference. The game seems to start in some way in the background (i hear the mechanical "click" from my wheel that switches to 180 degree mode in the menus, but i don't see or hear anything ingame).

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. museumsteve

museumsteve Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    It's in Secondary Functions..scroll over halfway down and pass all the Camera options and you will see Reset VR Position

• Like Like x 1
  15. javi_crash

javi_crash Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    What about multiview support? There are more users with triple screen than users with VR glasses.

16. maxel

maxel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Good to be back ;)
    Just tested VR. Graphics on medium and -VR 1.5 with AR. Looks really good but couldn't hit stable 90fps...
    Did some laps on Brands hatch and everything was fine, then tried Nordschleife and it was very choppy.
    Will try without "Async.Repro" like Hell-Fiend recommended.

Real Problem: The menus are running with 60fps for me and that's giving me eye strain and sickness
    within minutes. Loading screen was even down to ~20ish.
    When i'm on track and enter the pause/setup menu it's 90fps like the game.

17. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Issue/Bug: When exiting the game is remains "Running" through Steam until I shutdown SteamVR
    Issue/Bug: SteamVR FPS Display doesn't work in game

Awesome thanks, I was scrolling straight past it!

18. Neawoulf

Neawoulf Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Ok, i solved it :)

Problem was: I thought the whole screen was black (which it was), but i was simply behind the menu. I used the desktop mode to assign the "reset vr" key, started in vr-mode again, pressed the "reset vr"-key and now it seems to be fine :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Skombijohn

Skombijohn New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Worked! Thanks!
    Anyhow, even with setting 1.0 the performance is not ready for me now.
    But looking forward to future improvements :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. museumsteve

museumsteve Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    Have you tried setting 1.0 and then running Low video settings in game and starting with that?