Special Events - 2019 Archive

Discussion in 'Special Events' started by Robert Wiesenmüller, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to a new format: Special Events!

We start off with a true classic: We will head for Macau for a race with FR3 and GTR3 on 16.11.2018, just like the real drivers do on the same weekend.

[​IMG]

In our Esports championships, we received some complaints that drivers want to drive a structured organized multiplayer race with stream, but it was too hard to qualify and you could never plan if you actually have a race or not. So now we have this new format, in which every leaderboard entrant will qualify for the multiplayer race. Yes, indeed. Every driver will qualify for the multiplayer race on 16.11.2018. The passwords will be sent to you via e-Mail.

30 drivers will participate in each server. If the last server has 6 or less entries, the grid of the second lowest server will be extended to up to 36 cars.
    Entrance for either the FR3 race or the GTR3 race costs 200 vRP, and you have to own the content. You can enter both races if you like.

In both FR3 and GTR3, the top server and one randomly drawn server (between server 2, 3, 4 or 5) will be streamed live on RaceRoom Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/raceroomracingexperience

Depending on if you like it or not, we might run more of these in the future.

More about the first event:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2018
  2. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Realy great idea
    Unfortunately, I already have a race scheduled for that date
    Hope to join some other time

3. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Seems like a great idea, lots of scope for other events 2.4 hours of spa etc. Not even bothered about the streaming, just some decent organised multiplayer would be good. Recently restarted my iracing account in the hope of some multiplayer but you have to spend ridiculous amounts to own enough content to even race regularly. R3E pricing structure is much better, and the FFB on R3E is second to none.

4. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    EDIT
    Is Macau the right choice to start with this new idea?
    Just my opinion

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. thebaz

thebaz New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I hope this will be just a start for something more complex (like iRacing)

6. Tyger

Tyger Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I'm in. My time however, is shocking! Macu........................... hmmmm..............

7. Tyger

Tyger Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I'm going s fast as i can mate and still just touch 1:16. Some others are much much faster. Would appreciate perhaps some advice regarding setup?

To be clear, I've entered this (as will other speedy-wings members) to support S3S and the initiative. Not to win. Doesn;t stop me wanting to win and be competitive but, i know my limits.

8. Tyger

Tyger Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    oh yes, sorry - my bad.

Seems San fran hill is fine, watch maternity bend! a tiny touch on the Donna Maria & Melco hairpin will invalidate the whole lap. Turn in on the arrow at Melco!

The rest is fine - normal.

So, in summary for me i would say the danger areas are Donna Maria and Melco. Just one tiny touch is all that is required to ruin the lap - utterly unrealistic of course, but...................... thar ya go. Hope that helps?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Moritz Löhner

Moritz Löhner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0

This is my lap with which I’m currently first on the leaderboard.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Tyger

Tyger Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Awesome - well done and thanks for sharing.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ferry Close

Ferry Close New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    wow nice 1 do you have a setup ?

12. Moritz Löhner

Moritz Löhner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    Top secret setup ;)

13. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Its interesting that people always mention setup as if its a magical way to get a quick lap. Getting a generally good setup is important so the car will turn in and can be powered out but it wont make you fast. The quick drivers always do one thing....they use ALL the track. Its precision on taking the perfect line through corners and maintaining as much momentum as possible that ultimately leads to a quick lap. I watched a quick driver on multiplayer the other day (he was 4s faster than anyone else on the server) and by using some of his lines gained 2s a lap instantly. Its to easy to say..."I cant be fast because that driver has a better setup"....often its not the case.

14. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Oh yes completely, of course setup is important as I said. But there is more to a quick lap, I think some drivers get hung up on not having a perfect setup where actually its other aspects of driving that can be improved. I cant remember the time, it was GT3s at Spa and he was in a Porsche. He may not have been alien fast but he was certainly a lot quicker than anyone else that session.

15. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    There will be no mandatory pitstop.

Was it a smart idea in Macau? Probably not. But the real race in Macau is not a smart idea either so it fits the theme.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Today is the last chance to join the special event. And we will just stream it on Twitch this time.

17. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    It's against the spirit, but at the end of the day, there is nothing that can be done about it, you would still receive the password.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Passwords for special event have been sent. Please check spam filter if it did not arrive!

19. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    2 passwords, 2 events, same start times, on same day. Which should one attend as one didn't bloody realise they were to be run at exactly the same time, doh!

20. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    They are not run at the same time. It's only the practice session that is on for the same time. You can do the FR3 race and then join the GT3 race with a few minutes of practice to go.