Resolved Workaround if you cannot join your own dedi server

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Christian G, Apr 1, 2016.

1. OldFart

OldFart Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    you can If you want, your actual router I have never worked with; but it dose sound like a port is blocked, add another three ports 60003,4,5 create a second server, it is only a test so anything track and car; start that first then the second; that will use the new ports, are there any errors in the launch window for the server; a picture of that with the servers active

2. Raiden

Raiden New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I will do it right now.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. OldFart

OldFart Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    DM sent

4. TobiSp1981

TobiSp1981 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
  5. Alfonso Cachón Sánchez

Alfonso Cachón Sánchez New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    It seems the ports are not open correctly, anyway, you can do a port scan from any web scanner. You have to be sure the ports are open from external access fex: https://www.advanced-port-scanner.com/

• Like Like x 1
  6. Roman TRT

Roman TRT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    my router has always been registered only the option of ports as in this screenshot
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?attachments/frontend3-png.2028/
    and I've always run multiple instances of 5 servers. Now only 1 server is started, the one for which the ports are registered, and for the rest you need to register new ports from 60004 and higher.
    Something has changed in the dedicated server?

7. trip2345

trip2345 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi All,

I am sure I am beating a dead horse but would still like some clarification.
    1-Please confirm UDP and TCPorts needing to forward. I have seen multiple and have tried all with no success.
    2-Can I play on same machine I create server from?
    3-I have 2 rigs. Can we lan play with settings above.
    I am on xfiniti if that helps?
    Please advise. I am on hour 5! and just want to enjoy with my Son.

Thank you!

8. trip2345

trip2345 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    All set!!! Thanks

9. RustyEb79

RustyEb79 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Something that may help others.

Just spent the best part of the day working on this, and I've ALMOST solved it.

All loopback adapters removed!
    Ports forwarded no issues.
    +clientport set on all PC's

PC1>>> I have a dedi server PC - setup as instructed here: https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/workaround-if-you-cannot-join-your-own-dedi-server.4672/page-6#post-196933

PC2>>> One Gaming PC setup as per above post, however it would ONLY work if I used my external IP (the same one I used in the server PC) as the additional IP address. Don't ask me why, it just is, and I get no conflicts.
    ** As a side note, this PC was able to run a server, and play on it with the loopback fix. Also once I started PC1 as the dedi server it worked fine (loopback deleted and no other mods).

PC3>>> This PC was my issue. Could see the server, could not connect (no response). Tried all the fixes, but the mongrel wouldn't work. Pings worked, UDP/TCP scans worked, but no response. Can play on other's servers no problem. Could hotspot (use a mobile/cell data) and find and use my dedi server no issue. Static and assigned IP's all good, even tried NAT off and DMZ but still NOTHING :-(

So what worked? I unplugged the LAN cable, and turned on WiFi. BINGO!!! Both PC's playing on the dedi server.

That's why I say almost fixed, because LAN has lower latency than WiFi so I want LAN back. I tried a USB LAN dongle, and had the same connection issue (no response). I

Any suggestions why this happens on LAN only? I've tried uninstall/re-install and drivers are up-to-date.

10. doomsday

doomsday New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    thank u wery much!

11. güntherbergmann

güntherbergmann New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ich verstehe nur bahnhof

12. LaundroMat

LaundroMat Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I had issues with running a multiplayer server on my PC too and got a bit fed up with having to set things up manually on hosted servers every time.
    So I automated the provisioning of a server & the launch of the R3E server manager. For anyone who's interested: I turned this automation into a low-cost service at https://dollarracing.club
    Let me know if you run into any kind of issues or if you have suggestions for improvement!

13. Nenah

Nenah Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Any chance of the dedicated server seeing some IPv6 love anytime soon?

14. Adrian Zedler

Adrian Zedler New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello, now it's my turn to get help.
    I also have the problem of not being able to access my Dedi server.
    I can find the server in multiplayer and even get to the car selection, then I get the message "No response from server". In the server selection there is also no ping (-ms).
    I have already opened the ports.
    I'm only moderately familiar with networking, so I'd appreciate it if you don't explain it in an overcomplicated way. But I am not afraid of technical terms.
    Can you help me?

My Dedi server is outside my own network, if the information is relevant, I have access to it through TeamViewer.

Hopeful greetings Adrian

Hallo, jetzt bin ich dran Hilfe zu bekommen.
    Ich habe ebenfalls das Problem nicht auf meinen Dedi Server zu kommen.
    Ich kann im Multiplayer den server finden und komme sogar bis zur Autoauswahl, dann bekommen ich den Hinweis "Keine Antwort vom Server". In der Server Auswahl steht dort auch kein Ping (-ms).
    Ich habe bereits die Ports geöffnet.
    Ich kenne mich nur so mäßig mit Networking aus, also wäre ich dank bar wenn ihr es nicht überkomplieziert erklärt. Angst vor Fachbegriffen habe ich aber nicht.
    Könnt ihr mir helfen?

Mein Dedi Server ist außerhalb meines Eigenes Netzwerk, falls die Information relevant ist, ich habe zugriff auf ihn durch TeamViewer

Hoffnungsvolle Grüße Adrian

Attached Files:

15. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    In this case this thread is irrelevant for you. It's only for people who host their server on the same network they are also playing from.

Looking at your screenshots you forwarded the wrong ports. The ports to forward are:

UDP: 60000 (Used for server connection)

TCP: 60001 (Used for game traffic, content data)

UDP: 60002 (Used for ping and time synchronization)

Source: Multiplayer Dedicated How-To | Sector3 Studios Forum

You forwarded 6000, 6001 and 6002. You are missing one zero on all the ports.

And btw., the screenshot is so tiny that it is barely decipherable... ;-)

16. [weichenschleicher]

[weichenschleicher] Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Everythings works fine until a few days ago. But now I can't get on my server. Nothing works.
    I opened ports 60000 -60010 UDP and TCP. And I changed nothing,so it's really strange to see that didnt work not anymore.