The auto clutch....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mach999, Feb 15, 2021.

1. mach999

mach999 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Is there any way to disable it for the SEQUENTIAL transmission cars? I know for cars with H pattern you can choose full manual + clutch option but for cars with sequential box, there's only "auto" or "manual with auto clutch". The clutch still sort of works when I press the pedal. But it's almost impossible to get a good launch because of the auto clutch interfering with my input. And it kinda breaks the immersion when the car's in gear and you stop the car and the engine won't stall. A more situational case is when I spin the car I usually brake and clutch in by habit, but with the auto clutch this becomes pointless, and that again, breaks the immersion. So I wonder if there's any way that I can disable the clutch nanny completely? If not, I really hope the devs can take this into consideration in the future update.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Not at the moment, but it is something I intend to look at soon.

• Like Like x 6
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  3. mach999

mach999 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Great! Thanks! Looking forward to the next update.

4. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    He said soon, not next update. These are entirely different things.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. mach999

mach999 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Well, realistically speaking, most race cars nowadays that have sequential box will have that function and you don't touch the clutch once the car's moving (some older/less advanced race cars may still require you to blip when down shifting and lift when up shifting, but no clutch needed). Unless you're talking about the advanced manual cars that have "auto sync" or something that will blip for you when you down shift.

6. mach999

mach999 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Guess I got too excited there...Anyways, still good news.

7. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    In my world that would be called cheating. ;)

But it would be great for increasing the accessibility of the good old manual cars. Some of them are a handful to drive with manual clutch and stickshift. But that's what makes them fun, for some. For others, it's pure pain, and that's where the autoblip driving aid comes in handy.

It would of course not be possible to use it in Get Real-mode, though.

8. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Automatic gears are available in Get Real mode, as is automatic clutch and a sequential shifter when the real car uses an h-box. All are "unrealistic" and can be considered as "cheating" by purists. So why does auto-blip have to be excluded?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  9. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    Good points. I surrender and concur. :)

10. mach999

mach999 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Wow, you bumped my post after 2 years, lol.
    Now I'm bumping my own post again after almost 3 years.:grin:
    I truly enjoy the recent new tire model update, fantastic work from the devs.
    So, is "disable auto-clutch on cars with manual sequential gearbox" still on the table?

11. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Only just seen this thread, has there been any progress on this, totally agree with OP