GTR3 Announced

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Rodger Davies, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    • Funny Funny x 4
  3. SuperMonacoGP

SuperMonacoGP Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    all social media accounts have disappeared. try yourself.

4. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    Well... Even if they disapeared, it's not official. It's just an observation. And it can be caused by a hacker taking over the accounts.

Official information about SimBin dying would come from SimBin UK CEO as PR person or backed by the info from official business register.
    Every thing else is unofficial and a guess it this case. They might as well be dead, but it's not official yet.

BTW the new director is from KW UK

• Like Like x 1
  5. kendoslow

kendoslow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Untitled.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. SuperMonacoGP

SuperMonacoGP Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
  7. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Considering that years ago it was indicated that this game, GTR3, was meant to form a new engine that then would be injected into Raceroom, with some kind of interaction or assistance between SimBinUK and S3 staff going on behind the curtain, I would appreciate if after this long time S3 would give any sort of clarification where they mean to go with that now apparently buried plan, if there is a plan B, I mean.

On GTR3, I will not miss it, it did not offer anything I needed or waited for or wanted, and covered no ground that wasn't already occupied by somebody else. The development seemed to have gone even worse and chaotic than that of Wreckfest. The difference is that beyond the odds Wreckfest finally got its things together and after a hilarious odyssey and severla years came up with a phoenix emerging form the ashes that turned out to be winner. GTR3, whenever I heard somethign of it over the last years, just had me scratching my head, and wondering whether there really was any intention, direction, plan. Very weired appearance they gave, confused.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    We do not know what was planned as content so why do you say this ? I read so many weird stuff these days its insane lol

9. SuperMonacoGP

SuperMonacoGP Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    they have been teasing gt3 cars with over exposed screenshots for over a decade. i guess it is safe to assume that was the main focus of their game.

10. SuperMonacoGP

SuperMonacoGP Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    also, you weren't in their discord server i suppose.

11. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    I would not asume that it was just all about GT3 cars. People asume way too much these days. And yes i was in the discord too.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    A decade? I've found 2012 screenshots showing an Aquila CR1 on a track we know as Raceroom Raceway, with a "Simbin studios" logo (not "Simbin UK"). Are there other similarly old screenshots?

13. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    Simbinstudios(gtr/gtl/gtr2/race07....and its addons , was closed an reformed as sector 3 )

Andi

• Like Like x 1
  14. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    Screenshots?

15. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Yes. I searched for "GTR3 screenshots" because "a decade" sounded way to much for me, and this was what I found...

16. SuperMonacoGP

SuperMonacoGP Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    this is the earliest gtr3 image i can find, dating back to 2011, exactly a decade ago.
    and by the way, they first announced a "wec licensed game", then only showed gt3 renders made in ue4. go figure.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Anyway I don't think it's correct to bring and criticise it all together as one thing. People at Simbin Studios and their "next game" project were not the same as people from Simbin UK and their GTR3. In 2011 it made sense to make another GTR game, but that doesn't mean a 2020s game was supposed to be like that old one too.

18. SuperMonacoGP

SuperMonacoGP Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    sure, i agree on that. the main difference between old simbin and new simbin uk is that the first has been more transparent about their hard times and eventual fold of the company, while the latter even announced their presence to gamescom 2018 with a playable beta of the game, but never even presented themselves at the event, and then placed numerous interviews promising the launch for 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021...and last masterpiece was their discord server, a true work of art in marketing and reputational failure. at this point, the only sensible thing to do for simbin uk is to aknowledge the situationin which they put themselves into, and fading into obscurity for good. anything else, even actually releasing a game in a way or another, will be - rightfully so - mocked untill the end of time.

19. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Anyone reminded of the World of Speed debacle?

20. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    • Funny Funny x 1