NASCAR 21 Ignition

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by olli green, Oct 29, 2021.

1. olli green

olli green Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    So guys, anyone already played this game?

I'm watching plenty of NASCAR in the last months and thought I would give this game(!) a go, but... watched many YouTube videos so far and they are all telling you the same: do! Not! Buy! It! :D

So maybe anyone of you guys already played it can tell something about the handling/ffb(rf2) and realism?
    I already know about all the bugs, so let's talk about the good things,... if there are some... :)

2. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    Imo theres only one option to go for if you want to drive Nascar: iR :p

But btw:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I'm not very keen on this particular game, but I was looking forward to their future titles (BTCC, IndyCar) and the state it got released in is a pretty bad sign for those as well.:( I can only hope they can turn things around.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I was hopeful for this one but after seeing videos, I decided not to get it. @Balrog I was excited about the BTCC, WEC, Indycar titles too but more than likely will be skipping them now too

5. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    It´s already on version 1.2 after less than a week since release and the patch notes are a long read. Let´s see how the finished game does maybe 3 months from now.

6. olli green

olli green Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Yea, i also think that it will be a long way to a good gaming experience for this title.
    But i hope they fix it, because now i am hyped, by playing nascar heat 5,and honestly, it is quite a lot of fun :D yea, i know its more game than sim, well only game, but it's fun :)

iracing may be very good at this point, but i quite iracing a long time ago and do not want to get into it again, because of.. Uh, so many reasons :D mainly because of of my rare spare time, which i can not spend on waiting for a race (that suits me). (I like also racing against good AI.)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
  7. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    I was amazed they had the balls to release the PC version with a fixed graphics resolution!

8. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    BTCC, Indy Car and WEC games... If all turn out like Nascar then nice waste of an licence lol...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Already at version 1.3 just 45 days or so after release! It would seem they have fixed most of the issues people have been complaining about so this could actually be considered the real start of the game.

10. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    But how is it driving-wise? I haven't even heard/read detailed information about that, everyone has been concentrating on the issues.

11. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    I guess when people start complaining about that then the rest of the game is fixed.

12. olli green

olli green Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Ok,...i tried it... TRIED it... It was a mess... UI uncontrollable...just with keyboard, but that.was.horrible.

The ffb...dont know...there is nothing to set up. It is just there...but on my t300rs it felt very very light and even no ffb when crashing into opponents or something. Maybe it was me, but well, i could not set up anything in the game.
    I could also not assign my TSS shifter...

The racing is atm much better on heat5 (with stages etc)...

In the end, i did a quick refund.

Btw: i tried it BEFORE the last "big" patch.

Maybe i will give it another go in some months...

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0

Key points:
    They will continue polishing the turd for the first half of this year but many requested features will not be added.
    They admit the launch was not good and promise more transparency and better organisation for the next game.

It is good to see that there is this type of interaction with the community enven though a lot of answers are not what they want to hear.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
  14. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    45% off

• Like Like x 1
  15. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    The plot thickens as there won´t be a new 2022 title. At first sight that might seem good news as existing game owners will get an update (they don´t say for free though) rather than having to buy a new game.

However, no patches on 2021 since February indicates they are not working on the existing game either or they are all in on an very big update. 1.5 was supposed to be out this month and has been delayed to June. Let´s see how this unfolds but it looks scammier every day especially when looking at the financials and that no new game implies a loss of revenue. The current stock price is less than a dollar compared to opening value of $30.

Note the talk about parrtnership with Nascar but there is no link to or mention of this game on the official NASCAR web, however you can buy Funkopops and jewelry.

https://motorsportgames.com/nascar-21-ignition-community-update-april-2022/

Last edited: Apr 29, 2022
  16. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    This game is total trash and I don't feel any amount of patching can help it. Best thing for NASCAR to do is sue to get the license back and give it to iRacing/Monster. Let Monster handle the console games. iRacing already has the tracks and AI for most of the tracks as well.

17. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    I doubt they could sue if the 2021 game was released in a timely manner and no licensing or content infringements were made. Maybe if there was a promise to make new 2022 game but I think what they are doing is PR to manage expectations so no one thinks the 2022 edition is going to fix any big issues with the 2021 game, it´s just going to be a roster update. Whether the 2023 edition ever comes out is another question.

NASCAR are as much at fault as they should have validated the game for release or have had that clause in the contract.

Where this leaves Rfactor 2 and the other future games is also unknown. Some people have had the knives out for MG since day one but it is strange that the CEO is being awarded these huge performance bonuses for a game being played worldwide at a single time by less people than a school classroom. One wonders what the bonus would have been if the game had been successful. I guess if the money is paid in stocks and not actual cash then it won´t matter so much.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2022
  18. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Motorsport Games´s stock price closed at an all time low of less than 60 cents today. It was even down to 55 during trading. Not sure what new developments caused this - maybe disappointing 24h Le Mans Esports events?

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    45 cents and they got a warning to trade above a dollar or be delisted.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    That ship is sinking fast ^^