HUD OtterHud - A custom WebHud - With additional features

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by OtterNas3, May 7, 2019.

1. kinho_Iglesias

kinho_Iglesias New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Regarding the positioning of the pilots on the servers, I think it's a RR bug, what I'm talking about is the HUD not going to the 3rd screen, it's only on the 2nd screen, they are very close together, I wanted to spread it across the desktop.

2. Tom Ka

Tom Ka New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have no Replay-Controls with Otterhud. Only with Instant-Replay, saved replays work fine.
    What am I doing wrong?

3. BlueG6o

BlueG6o Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Same here, never missed that but recognized it today.

4. Frank Alexandre da Silva

Frank Alexandre da Silva New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Clock is showing wrong hour. We dont have daylight saving time anymore on Brazil. Hud is showing +1 hour.

5. Некий

Некий New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    this is a game error, because the standard built-in HUD in the game also does not work correctly. These errors happen not only to you, but to several people, including me.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rui Paiva

Rui Paiva Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I confirm im having problem with the HUD since middle January...my position on minimap disapears and the positions (gaps) are all wrong. Then like 2 laps from the start , it disapears.
    I did some experiences without the Webhud and i had no problems with the positions ( gaps) .
    But sometimes the player in front does recognize....but i think the problem is that the player in front is using Webhud and the server doesnt recognize him.

The i turn the Otterhud on and i first race i had the problems again ....i guess the problem is the HUD.

Its bad i have to play without the HUD , but getting tired of racing withou any correct information...need to get use to again with the RR standard information

Last edited: Feb 19, 2022
  7. tintin301

tintin301 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Salut. J'ai un problème avec otterhud. Si je mets cette ligne de commande dans : "properties /steam/ launch option" et la ligne de commande

-webHudUrl= https://otterhud.github.io/ l'écran raceroom lors du lancement d'une partie de course où il y a des options : drive, setup, race monitor, options
    reste donc en superposition au premier plan, et m'empêche de voir correctement ma course.

Si je supprime la ligne de commande -webHudUrl= https://otterhud.github.io/ tout va bien, mais je n'ai plus le Hud.

Merci pour votre aide afin que je puisse utiliser l'otterhud

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. joeycook719

joeycook719 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok, for anyone running a SteamVR setup.... It seems I finally sorted out my r3e/otterhud issues. It didn't matter what I did, I kept running into all of my RAM getting hijacked. Uninstalled all traces of otterhud, then crewchief did the hijacking. Stopped all crewchief processes....seemed to work fine. Went into ranked multiplayer and r3e itself hijacked my RAM. Also found that each of those services was hijacking my ethernet rx/tx signals. Every time it would put me into single digit FPS just sitting in the pits, and then ultimately boot me for high ping rate.
    The moral of the story is that in the beginning, before I started troubleshooting and told myself to just try running in 32bit mode.... I should've listened to myself. :confounded:
    I spent half an hour in a ranked multiplayer server (wtcr @ red bull ring) this morning. Running otterhud and slowly dialing up some of the settings, I was holding 85-90 FPS on my O+ with i7-9700k and RTX2070 Super. And if I'm remembering correctly I'm using 200% SS on steamvr.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Replay dont work :(

10. zzmadd

zzmadd New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Delete

Last edited: Mar 13, 2022
  11. zzmadd

zzmadd New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I'm having a couple if issues with OtterHud. I think it might be OtterHud.

1 - At times while racing the OtterHud interface appears on screen. The setting button, the L1, L2, L3, they all appear like if I was touching the mouse. I'm not touching the mouse though as I'm driving. I don't have a mouse, I have a trackpad one with the keyboard and the device is far away from me, I'm not touching it.

2 - I get kicked out of RaceRoom:
    - Sometimes the screen turns black and I see nothing. I have to stop the car, take the keyboard switch to the desktop with Shift+Tab then go back to the game. The game works properly It just gets black.
    - Other times I get kicked out of RaceRoom into the desktop. The app is still open, I have to catch the keyboard and switch back to the game, which is running.
    If I disable OtterHud I don't see these issues happening but I'm not 100% sure it's the issue.

12. reif

reif New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Is it possible to show how much time to slow down and how long you have left to serve a time penalty when running off track. I normally just slow down a little going through corners until the message goes away but I just got a drive through penalty using this strategy even though I lifted through several corners.

This information is shown in the built in hud.

13. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    I would recommend to set the original HUD at least to "essential only" instead of disabling it completely.

14. reif

reif New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. That works but is there a way to get Otter HUD to do this or can I move the location of this message like I can in Otter HUD?

15. reif

reif New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I found I could use the m key and drag the messages where I want them. The penalty info shows up with the flags and not the messages but I can live with that.

• Like Like x 1
  16. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    No, I don't think OtterHUD can access the necessary data regarding time penalties yet.

17. Javier Paredes

Javier Paredes New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Can you help me?, I just installed it for the first time, together with the CrewChiefV4 application and the corresponding menu box activated and added the corresponding line to steam verifying that everything is correct, I start the CrewChiefV4 program and the raceroom game, and when it enters the circuit shows me this error on the left. It says that I have to go to the forum to update the dash.zip, (but I already have the latest dash.zip, what can be happening? I have to put this Dash.zip file in some specific place? [​IMG]

18. Javier Paredes

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Photo

Attached Files:

19. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    When you use CrewChief, you don't need dash.zip because CrewChief already includes the functionality. Is your CrewChief up to date?

20. Javier Paredes

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry for the delay in answering, fortunately, I was able to solve my problem, it seems that no matter how much I downloaded in this same forum, the servers downloaded an old version, if I remember correctly it was this one. (v4.15.1.14), and also giving update did not update to new versions, so today I went to a friend's house and with his laptop I downloaded from this forum again and this time he downloaded an updated version (v4. 16.1.4) and with this I was able to update the three green buttons, so I returned home with the exe of the new version and this time I downloaded the necessary data. Thank you all for your help and the creator of the application as it is excellent.

• Informative Informative x 1