News Summer Sale

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Georg Ortner, May 31, 2022.

1. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  2. Nick Conner

Nick Conner New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I am sure somewhere this has been asked before, I have recently come back to raceroom, a couple of years ago I purchased the premium pack, I now would like to get all cars and tracks up to date. What would be the easiest way to do this ?, do I have to search for what I don't have?, or is there an easier way ?.

3. S. FREDRIKSSON

S. FREDRIKSSON Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I think that your missing items will be listed first in the store so you can grab them that way.
    Easiest way would be a new account and buy the Premium Pack. It might even be cheaper. Silly but that's how it is.

4. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Log in and then you need to check cars and tracks and then filter by price high to low and you will see all you don´t have.
    If you bought the premium pack then before buying individual cars or tracks, take a look at how much the packs containing them are as it may work out cheaper to buy those packs e.g. DTM21 pack is cheaper than buying the Ferrari and McLaren separately as you get all the liveries.

2 things I noticed, WTCR21 cars have no linked discount and are simply half price even if you own the same cars in WTCR20 or earlier and the steam shop items seem to be gone for good.

5. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Linked discount for WTCR is 50%. This won't add up to the sale discount.

Last edited: May 31, 2022
  6. Nick Conner

Nick Conner New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the help guys.

7. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    I do get a further discount for the WTCR21 pack.

8. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Yes, the sale applies to packs, but not to individual cars with linked discount. For me there are several cars in the store with linked discount, and their % is the same as it was before (like 75% for Porsche Carrera Cup or 80% for Cayman Trophy).

9. Owen Pyrah

Owen Pyrah New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey can someone set me straight here? I bought the Pro Pack a while ago. R3E seems good in that it excludes already owned stuff from the packs so you don't pay twice. But I don't really get how the packs work.

upload_2022-6-1_16-34-59.png

Since I have the Pro Pack already, does that entitle me to all things released in future which go into the Pro Pack? If I buy the Premium Pack (all content?) does that mean I'll continue to get all new content released? Or after a couple of years will I have to buy the Premium Pack again? If so, why don't I need to get the starter or pro pack again?

I don't necessarily need everything really. I like to have all the tracks, but only really need a single car from each class. Is it discounted that much that I'd just be better off getting the premium pack, or am I still better just picking and choosing? There's so many options and the store page is so slow it makes it awkward to compare. Add in the VRP..

10. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    You always only get what's in the pack at the time of purchase. Nothing will be added in the future.

And you also can buy each pack exactly once. You cannot re-buy packs to fill up.

11. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    No, you get what is in the pack at the time of purchase. Later supplements must be purchased in addition.
    There is only one chance to buy each pack.
    So choose the right time.:cool:

12. Owen Pyrah

Owen Pyrah New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ah ok, thanks both. That's a shame as I can see it getting expensive after you've got the premium pack and want to go back in for more. That said, I've spent a couple years in iRacing so who am I to complain.

13. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    That depends, eg. if they add new gtr4 car, you can still purchase gtr4 pack etc.

14. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Just simple. Buy the pack you like and everything you already purchased before will be removed from the pack inc the costs

15. Bean

Bean New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How frequently is new content released? Also, there seems to be a real shortage of open wheelers - is that something that RR doesn't do well?

16. S. FREDRIKSSON

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Shortage of open wheelers? There are cars based on F1, F2, F3, F4, Indycar and I think a modern F1 version on the way. What are you missing?

17. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    lets not forget about formula junior :rolleyes:
    +ktm and shopping cart :p

• Like Like x 1
  18. S. FREDRIKSSON

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, my bad :)

19. Bean

Bean New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I guess. Just looking at the car variants - there are 8 different Audi R8's for instance - yet there seem to be very much fewer open wheelers. 8 in total (9 if you include the Junior). Would love to see a Skip Barber for instance.

20. Esarca60

Esarca60 New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    hello everyone,
    yesterday I bought the pro pack, which in the description says that it includes everything available in the race room.
    Looking in the various car categories I noticed that a kind of Porsche is not available, you have to pay for it ... but wasn't it all included?
    Or maybe I missed something?