Why no Ferrari in competitions

Discussion in 'Esports' started by Yossarian, May 28, 2022.

1. Yossarian

Yossarian Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    In the DTM pack we have the GT3 Ferrari 488, yet in the recent competitions for GT3 cars (qualifyingfor the Bathurst and Nurburgring 2,4hrs) it's never available. Why is that? I mean Ferrari race in real life events on those tracks so it seems weird for this car to not be available. I know it's in the DTM pack, but it;s still a GT3 car.

2. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    It´s exclusive to DTM for now, same as the 720s and the ADAC20 Bentley and AMG: Hopefully one day they will all have Gtr3 counterparts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Hendrick

Hendrick Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    Still waiting since release as well. I mean even a few generic liveries for those cars you mentioned in GT3 class would be appreciated while they working on the real ones.

4. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    It's not possible to open a leaderboard with more than one class. For that reason it's set up as GTR3 which currently doesn't have the Ferrari (that will hopefully change in the future). So while you can race with the Ferrari you can't currently use it for the leaderboard qualifying. Hope that helps clear things up.

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. Yossarian

Yossarian Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, it does. Waiting for it to be added to the GTR3 class then :)

6. Hendrick

Hendrick Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    All good but it does feel like the original GTR3 class is being left behind with updates. At least give us a few generic liveries while we wait (AMG, Bentley, now Ferrari 488, 720s)

Last edited: May 30, 2022
  7. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    That's really for the Devs to answer..as far as I know those cars are planned for GTR3 too but there must be some licencing getting in the way at the moment (all liveries need to be signed off by the manufacturer etc)

• Like Like x 1
  8. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Btw.: Isn't it right that the real DTM GT3s actually have little different specs (more power for example) than the standard GT3s ?
    Not sure but thought I read that somewhere...

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    They run a different BOP but they aren't a different spec as such and the difference is t very big at all. There was talk of using a GT3+ specification but that never happened. They run different tyres which is the main difference. It was decided that they should be BOPd to run equal with all the other GT3 cars in game,.which seems like a fair compromise to me.

10. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    I don't really understand why the GT3 cars ingame still have tire warmers, though. Both ADAC GT Masters and DTM don't use them in real life.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    No idea

12. ShortyBuzzGER

ShortyBuzzGER Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Maybe that will change with the next GT3 physics which are already worked on (as they accidently slipped into the last update partially)