Released WTCR 2022 Car Pack - now available!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Georg Ortner, Sep 27, 2022.

1. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    I agree that the track situation is a pity, but the WTCR calendars have been really volatile in the last 2 years. There's no way for RaceRoom to create all tracks even if they wanted to. If they started working on one track, it's probably gone from the calendar again by the time they're done with it.

2. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    So why should they push 2022?
    In the past season packs had been released a year later, enough time to bring one or two tracks from 2021 this year.

3. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    It´s normal policy in games to release a year pack in the same year otherwise it is out of date.

4. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Please look at release dates of ADAC GT Masters and WTCR packs of the recent years.

5. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Please read carefully. I said games - not exclusively RRE, which we know is usually last to the party. The vast majority of titles featuring current content are same year releases. AMS2 had the 2022 stock cars and F1 clone out in the first half of this year, for instance.

6. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    And I'm speaking of Raceroom. Please follow your advice.

7. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Perfect. In RRE, WTCR 18 and 19 were released in the same season year, 2020 was in early 2021 - understandable due to COVID, so only the 2021 set was abnormally late.
    ADAC 18 came out in January 2019 but the 2020 pack was half a year late, again COVID could be an explanation. DTM 20 was on time though, so who knows? Maybe they just want to spread out new content over the year.

Trackwise I don´t know if Aragón coincided with an WTCR release but Most did more or less with ADAC 18.

Seeing as track design and licensing seems more complicated than cars (see Brands Hatch GP or Assen), to me it doesn´t make sense to delay launches of skins for tracks.

8. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    I agree in some points. Memories becom dim as time goes on.:oops:
    Again, I was talking about recent years. Covid might have had some influence, yes, but I don't know about studio internas.
    Nevertheless, I'd prefer the possibility of driving cars of a season on tracks of the season, especially it is officially advertised. Why should I buy liveries then?
    One reason might be to drive in competitions, but it isn't for me (any more).
    It's my opinion and you don't have agree.;)

9. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Again, it could be licensing and exclusivity clauses. For instance a DTM or ADAC track and car pack with no Lambos or other brands might annoy some people. The full track and car experience packs sold on Steam were a decent game within a game option and since they were Steam codes, you could get them really cheap from 3rd parties.

The RRE nickle and dime pricing policy is not really compatible with those packs, then there is the complication of losing licences like with Citröen or the older Porsche 911 GT3.

Going back to WTCR, I hope there is a 2023 season but with legit manufacturer involvement and a stable calendar. The problem is that these types of cars in real life are just not selling like they used to and the consolidation of the European manufacturers into just 2 macro companies plus Ford and Renault has not helped. Perhaps the next series will use cars like the Ford electric one we have in this game - electric SUVs

10. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Could and might leave a lot of room for speculating. The calender beeing so unreliable is no argument in my eyes. Did you predict this mess?

I never said, these tracks should be sold within the pack.

Mentioning Experiences was a reminescence of earlier times, where the "pack" was much more complete and attractive.

Again, all I'm trying to say: I'd prefere much more, if I could drive cars of a season pack on tracks of this according season. This is an argument of buy or no buy for me. Along with other points according RR it's no buy for me.

Everyone is free to make his own decision.

It's my final statement to this subject.

11. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    We did discuss the future of WTCR when the 21 pack was released as one week before the start there was a lack of a full entry list and the number of teams entered full time has been dwindling since 2019. The Russian stuff had already started by then but the tyre issue was of course a surprise.

These series seem to have 3 or 4 years of life before the format has to be updated. Blancpain and BTCC seem to be the few exceptions where stability reigns.

12. Stelcio

Stelcio Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    On one hand, I agree that complete packs are much more attractive and immersive.

On the other hand, we have to accept the hard reality of things that some licensed series may not be released at all in any sim unless there are some compromises made. Tracks grant their licenses separately from the series that race there, and Formula 1 is probably the only series that has enough leverage to make all tracks lend their license for the purpose of official F1 game, and then even Codies are bound by some limitations regarding those licenses, like a specific order on the calendar.

That said, Raceroom has maybe the most appropriate track roster for a full WTCR-style season from all current sims, if you ask me, while also allowing you to race offically licensed WTCR cars on tracks that are not necessarily on WTCR calendar, mimicking regional series like TCR Europe, TCR Germany or TCR Eastern Europe, or creating a new fantasy series altogether. The fact that they're a multiclass simracing platform instead of one-series complete, but enclosed package, allows for that so there are some advantages to how Raceroom operates.

But whether that's enough to buy is up to for you to decide.

13. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    Maybe the TCR WT will be the inoffiicial successor of the WTCR next year.So the ex WTCR teams will take part on those 9 Events, or at least some of them. We will see.

15. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Promoters of WTCR decided to switch to eTCR, will Raceroom follow suit?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    This might be coincidence or might explain wh WTCR22 came out so "soon". If the series is dissolved then future licensing would be up in the air too, I guess.

Not sure what the worst selling individual car in the game is but I´d guess that from the ones not featured in the basic packs, the Ecupra and E Mustang will be candidates.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    LMAO

18. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    What's interesting is that S3 had an agreement with Discovery/EuroSport Events, the promoters of WTCC/WTCR, which probably prevented licensing other TCR series, because I remember TCR Europe organizing an eSports championship with AC and a semi-official third party mod. So I think this could go either way, an agreement with WSC could even extend the touring car content in RR, or if the TCR licence will be up for grabs, maybe TCR content can land in the hands of a competitor? Let's see.

19. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    There are multiple TCRs in the game like the Opel.

20. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    To be honest, I don't think that any of the other TCR series are relevant enough to be licensed. They could as well license new cars on an individual basis.