Developers, please take a look at DXVK to improve performance

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Peter Kerenyi, Jan 15, 2022.

1. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Tried this earlier, terrible performance for me, really low fps and no AA? :(

2. Peter Kerenyi

Peter Kerenyi Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    RivaTuner Statistics Server. No degradation I think. Use it with almost every sim/game.

• Like Like x 1
  3. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Tried it today on RX570. Saw a FPS decrease of about 30% in intensive situation (panning shots on 24h nords with lots of AI). So it definitely doesn't seem to work for everyone:(.

4. hugotwowheels

hugotwowheels Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    It seems to depend on what GPU you got, and if Above 4G/Re-size BAR is enabled or not.

For me, it's a huge performance improvement, and AA definitely works.

5. hugotwowheels

hugotwowheels Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    If it doesn't work, could you tell us what your GPU is? I'm very curious.

6. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0

7. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    GTX1050TI

8. hugotwowheels

hugotwowheels Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    So, you're both on quite old GPU's... That might be why you don't see any benefit.

I'll try to get a GTX 3060 soon to see how it performs in RR compared to my current RX 6600. Both are recent models, but from what I've understood, Nvidia's got the better drivers and adaptations in many games.

I was about to upgrade my CPU from Ryzen 3600 to 5800X3D, because I thought that the CPU was bottlenecking - apparently it's just some lack of efficiency, not poor hardware...

9. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    That being said, I'm quite happy with my performance, pretty much everything maxed out runs super smooth also able to run reshade to tweak the lighting a bit. :)

Only complaint here is the long loading times and the occasional game hang which is annoying o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Is there a way to make this work with SteamVR? It seemingy works on the desktop, but it crashes when I try to launch RR in VR mode.

11. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    Impressive... :eek: like witchcraft lol

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  12. bojzi

bojzi New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I can attest to this being a huge and massive improvement, but only after enabling Resizable BAR and Above 4G in the BIOS.

I'm on triple screeen (5760x1080) on a 3060Ti with a i5-12400f using settings from the VR optimization guide here on the forum.
    I've tested the following: GT3 with 19 AI at Spa.

My results were roughly the following:
    - default DX9 (without DXVK): about 100-120FPS at the start with dips under 90 when the track opened up to Eau Rouge
    - Vulkan (DXVK) without Resizable BAR: about 45-60FPS at the start (massive dip in performance)
    - Vulkan (DXVK) with Resizable BAR: about 160-180FPS at the start and never dipping under 110FPS

So, now I could pump up some graphic settings to make Raceroom look even better. :)

What do you need to do for it?
    Should be simple:
    - check if your motherboard supports Resizable BAR and Above 4G and update the motherboard BIOS if necessary to enable it
    - check if your GPU and CPU support it and update your GPU VBIOS if necessary
    - enable it in your motherboard BIOS

To check it, open Nvidia Control Panel, click on "System Information" on the bottom left and look for "Resizable BAR" in the right list. It should say "Yes".

If you have AMD, I think that all the same applies, but the name is Smart Access Memory (SAM).

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    WoW,this is realy a easy way to do....:D

14. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Oh wow. Did only quick check, but it went from around 160 FPS to 250 FPS. Seems like the game is starting a bit longer. Ryzen 5600X + RTX 3070 with ResizeBAR enabled.

Will check later in VR and how ResizeBAR setting affects it.

Just a heads up - with Open Composite installed for VR, it won't launch without headset plugged in, even when starting without "-vr" parameter. You need original openvr_api.dll for some reason.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2023
  15. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Wait, so it's working for you in VR? Which headset?

16. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Nah, doesn't work in VR, at least using Open Composite. Didn't try SteamVR as it's annoying plus had other issues with RaceRoom that seem to be separate from this.

Probably phrased that wrongly - it won't launch at all with Open Composite. With headset plugged in it will just crash and without it, it will look for headset, even without -vr parameter

17. KOKORO ga PYONPYON

KOKORO ga PYONPYON Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +203 / 0 / -0
    DXVK didn't help me as I'm a VR user.
    Open Composite does not start with error & crash.
    Crashes & errors occur even if only SteamVR is used after removing Open Composite.
    No solution found.

VR users should leave it as is without using it.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2023