News The Drivers Pack - Coming in December

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Nov 25, 2022.

1. RaceRoom

RaceRoom game.raceroom.com Developer

Ratings:
    +1,964 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

When you learn to drive a street car, there’s a process. You start on something small, something slow - maybe you never even learn how to use a manual shift. You build up; you usually also have someone by the side of you, telling you not to drive into the wall.

But in race sims there’s an expectation that we can jump into a high-powered racing car and immediately be on the pace. And more importantly, enjoy the experience. But, the more accurate the sim, naturally the more difficult some cars are to drive.

In Raceroom we’ve got some monsters: 1970s Group 5 cars that have so much turbo lag you could get a good night’s sleep before their ferocious power kicks in; we’ve got 1990s DTM racers that you have to push to the edge if you want to extract the ultimate lap time; there are the fearsome 2000s GT1s, all firepower, that you have to bully round the track; and how about modern prototypes and Formula cars, awash with technology and switches, that require your brain to be operating on as high a level as your hands and feet.

Everything happens more quickly in a racecar. Everything is more exciting. But everything is less forgiving.

The worst thing is to jump in a sim, pick your dream car and then fire it off at the first corner. Sure, you can always press reset in a sim, but sometimes the experience will be better by slowing things down. By taking a breath and concentrating on progressing and learning. And enjoyment.

So for our annual big December release, we present the Drivers Pack. It’s not specifically a beginners pack – although it will serve perfectly in that guise, if you’re looking to start your career – but it is supposed to present a sensible progression through a set of cars that deliver very different performance levels. Most importantly, these cars are fun to drive. Really fun.

We’ve included the latest version of a modern classic - the go-to starter car for drivers all round the world, Mazda’s iconic MX-5 (or Miata for old school North Americans).

Next up are two actual classics from Crosslé, a manufacturer you may not have heard of, but who have a history stretching back to the ‘50s. We’re presenting the modern continuation versions of models that have been in production for decades, but still deliver thrills - and occasional spills if you don’t get them right.

Directly linked to Crosslé is the circuit included in this release: the epic twists and turns of Charade, buried deep in France’s volcano country – and home to Crosslé’s driving school.

Finally, a pocket rocket where you have to balance the power of a modern mini prototype with belief in the magic of downforce: Praga’s R1.

Over the next couple of weeks we’ll bring you more information on each of the four cars included in the release: how we’ve modelled them and brought the physics to life, plus some recommendations on how to drive them. And just enough history to not bore anyone!

• Love it! Love it! x 15
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 9
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Mike Kara

Mike Kara Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    :eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. axxis278

axxis278 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    so many years to ask for Charade, finaly you made it, so many thanks

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Yes, that's something that really interests me. Good car choices.
    I remember the Charade track from an AC mod, it was big fun.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    For this I like to come back to Raceroom.:D
    Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
  8. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    You're not welcome, bugger off! :D:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    So nice, Mx-5, i would say THE online Community Event car. But also the two Crosslé's looks very fun and handy to drive, so three cars for some nice community cups or something like that.

For the Praga I have to see for myself, maybe already too much downforce for my skills.

10. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  11. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    I already feel at home again:p

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    You guys are EVIL!!! I can't wait, this looks fricken fun.:smiley:

13. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Never heard of the track before but looks very interesting, also very much looking forward to the praga and the other cars look like they might be quite nice as well although ill have to test drive them first. Definitely looking forward to the update tho :)

14. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Awesome news, can't wait!

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  15. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Goodamn, i almost got a heart attack seeing this picture. The car on the right looks so much Lotus49...
    There is a Lotus 49 steering wheel sitting on my wall just waiting for a FR67 carset, btw.

Sl380504.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. Beastux

Beastux Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +281 / 0 / -0
    You never heard of the track before, Nico? Don't tell me it's true!! :eek: :D It used to host some french F1 GPs in the 60's and 70's but was shortened in the 80's. It still has a very nice layout, not very fast but very technical. I remember using it as an add-on track in an old sim (I don't remember which one) and it was really fun.
    I'm already waiting for this release as it should really be great with the announced new cars. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Beastux

Beastux Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +281 / 0 / -0
    The Crosslé racers used at Charade:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. J.Bell

J.Bell New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    NICE !!!!

19. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Grand Prix Legends? For the 1965 and 1969 mods probably? Also know as Clermont-Ferrand, Jim Clark won the 1965 GP there.

20. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Well while ive been watching f1 basically my whole life that unfortunately doesnt help with races that took place back then :D (plus im not french if that counts as another reason/excuse ;D). But of course ive immediately watched a couple onboards and am looking forward to expanding my track knowledge ;)

• Funny Funny x 1