RR purchase

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base' started by JoseConseco, Feb 3, 2023.

1. JoseConseco

JoseConseco New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I wonder - if I buy RR pro pack, and then next day new DLC is released, then I do not get it right?
    I wish RR devs made change - every new content released month after purchase will get automatically added to new customer account. This way customer would not feel like he just missed cool content, just because he purchased game 1 day to early.

2. S. FREDRIKSSON

S. FREDRIKSSON Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    It is usually not a problem because content is semi-leaked a bit in advance.
    Besides that, either you think the current content is worth the money, or it is not. Future releases does not change that. Don't let your feelings change facts.

3. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    why would pro pack do that? If you click on it, theres a list what you get, its content doesnt change with new releases

4. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    The Pro pack is well in need of a refresh with more current content than 2018/9, just saying.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. JoseConseco

JoseConseco New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for responses.
    S. F. - Feelings does not change facts, but its not like content pack is set in stone/law of physics - and devs can change it.
    Basically I like how AMB2 is selling their content as season pack -> u get all existing dlc and new ones for given year.

FeltHλt - actually to my understanding its content changes with time of purchase - if u purchase pro content in December u will get few extra cars, maps compared to someone who bought it in January - so the later u buy it the more value u get.
    I saw someone asking on this forum for option - Buy all new extra stuff released since your purchase, this could be nice to have too. Season pass could be maybe added as another purchase option, and pro content pack could be kept as it is.

• Like Like x 1
  6. FeltHλt

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    First sentence- no. Second one doesnt make any sense (unless you mean december after january, not before)

7. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    I think you might be confusing the 50 euro pro pack with limited fixed content that has not changed in 4 years, with the 100 euro Premium Pack, which has all current content the day it is purchased.

8. JoseConseco

JoseConseco New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yep, my bad - I meant the most expensive pack - premium. Person who buys it later, gets more value for same amount of money (unless price of pack is increased witch each incremental update, which I think is not the case). AMS2 season pack seems more fair.

9. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    The idea of a Season pass sounds interesting to me. Or Yearly packs, it will also make it easier to buy the content you're missing.

10. FeltHλt

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    You only get new content for their season pass, because they delayed/didnt make in time all those dlcs planned for previous years. Once its complete you will have to pay for next dlcs, it doesnt cover all future dlcs.

Anyway about your rule, just get premium after some update with content

11. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    How about monthly subscription (lower than iRacing) and you get all new cars, tracks, and updates all the time while helping a business with cashflow issues and help them stay and grow their business!!

12. JoseConseco

JoseConseco New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I do not like subscriptions since you never own the product. I prefer the subscription model of SubstancePainter from Adobe - where, if u pay 1 year sub, then u own the app forever, but after 1 year you wont get updates.

13. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    All this has already been proposed, also some general discount for premium pack owners.
    So I'm waiting for sales.

14. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    The model you proposed is not good for business... it's not what you like, it's a model that will keep a studio around for years to come instead of consistently struggling or just making enough to keep it afloat versus thriving and growing.