Problem annoying ingame stutter

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by ScopeSV, Jan 27, 2023.

1. ScopeSV

ScopeSV New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi!

So I just downloaded Raceroom and bought the premium pack.
    Unfortunately, while driving i'm having annoying graphics micro stutter. The sim doesn't wanna run smooth, especially during corners.

I'm running Nvidia 3080ti on triples. If I'm running on lowest or highest graphics settings, doesn't really seem to affect the issue. The stutter remains.

I've tried to uninstall gfx experience, uninstalled the graphics driver with DUU, and installed the newest graphics driver without gfx experience. The stutter still remains the same.

I'm also racing both ACC, iRacing and ams2. They all run very smooth even on the highest of the highest settings.

Does anyone know why Raceroom doesn't wanna run smooth, or have any suggestions on how I may fix this? It cost me almost 100€, so I hope there is a solution to this problem. :)

2. ScopeSV

ScopeSV New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I also noticed that the menu background video has a bit of a stutter as well, if that helps.

3. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Do you use any frame sync options like vSync, gSync, frame cap? I would try other ones to see if anything changes.
    Does the stutter remain on a single screen too?

4. ScopeSV

ScopeSV New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I did not, but I've just tried both freesync (on nvidia card lol as I have G5 32" monitors) I've tried with and without vsync. Nothing changes. It is the same on a single monitor.

The stutter feels a bit like screen tearing (maybe it is?) as it happens when I turn the car. Everything is fine if I drive in a straight line.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  5. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    best bet is add your full system specs
    including controllers
    mention your drivers too
    screenshots of your ingame settings too
    Andi

6. ScopeSV

ScopeSV New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I can provide that, what do you mean by "mention your drivers too"?

7. ScopeSV

ScopeSV New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10600KF CPU @ 4.10GHz 4.10 GHz
    32,0 GB
    Nvidia GTX 3080Ti
    Thrustmaster T300

Attached an image of the display settings. As I said before, it doesnt matter if the graphics are at the lowest or the highest, right now I have it on medium :)

Attached Files:

8. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Do you use OtterHUD or any other HUD overlay?
    Also try reducing "Menu HUD resolution" if it's set to 1440p.

9. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    You are most likely using an unsupported resolution.
    I had the same issue with 5120x1440, but when I cut it in half in the game resolution settings, I get the officially supported resolution and everything became smooth with on stutter.

Bug - Resolution and Frame rate no longer respected... | KW Studios Forum (kw-studios.com)

Lower the graphic settings (I know, I have a RTX 3090)... but "track details" and a few other settings are extremely heavy.

Also, please add all your hardware/software details in your signature to prevent all sorts of unnecessary questions while people try to help you diagnose. :)

10. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    He tried it on a single screen and had the same issue.

Your issue in that link sounds very different.

Also I'm not sure "unsupported resolution" is a thing. At the very least it would mean that many triple screen setups are unsupported. I personally used resolutions not from that list (although on a single screen) and it was fine.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2023
  11. ScopeSV

ScopeSV New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I'm not using otterHUD or any other HUD overlay (steam might show a message or two). The only software I'm running beside the sim is crew cheif and sim hub.

I am unfortunately not able to change my signature yet, as there are restrictions on new profiles. I'm sorry about that.

The resolution I'm running is fairly high. Almost 8000x1440p, but how do I know if I'm at a supported resolution?
    I have tried lowering the graphics to the lowest, did not help :(
    Very weird. As I said earlier, all other sims runs beautifully smooth on the highest graphics and resolutions.
    I'll add my pc spec so people don't have to scroll and look for it :)

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10600KF CPU @ 4.10GHz 4.10 GHz
    32,0 GB
    Nvidia GTX 3080Ti
    Thrustmaster T300

12. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    There's this file: Steam\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\supported_resolutions.xml

Although I doubt it's anything other than a compatibility feature for weird cases when the game can't pull the list of available resolutions from Windows. Which is not your case since you're able to set your triple screen resolution in the game. And also your single screen resolution should be in that file, but the stutter was still there on single screen too, right?

Another guess: have you tried switching between fullscreen, windowed, and borderless windowed?

13. ScopeSV

ScopeSV New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    yep I just tried all the options. Doesnt seem to be a huge difference to be honest. Maybe this game just isn't ment to be ran on my pc... It's just weird it works on every other sim. If Raceroom want to rise to the top and become a more popular sim, stuff like this just has to work when you're sitting in an expensive rig.

14. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    I don't think it's rare issues like that, that keep the game from being more popular...

15. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    What are your nvidia settings ?

Andi

16. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    Does it stutter, if you steer with different controller?

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  17. ScopeSV

ScopeSV New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    @FeltHλt I tried changing controller to the mouse. Still stutter (oh my god that is it hard to drive with the mouse haha)

@Andi Goodwin any settings in particular you want me to provide?
    I'm running everything on "standard".
    I'm using surround. picture settings are controlled by the 3d software,
    resolution is 4724x1440p at 144hz in surround. But there is a bunch of other settings I haven't touched, so I'm happy to tell you if there are any specifics you want :)

18. ScopeSV

ScopeSV New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I just tried rf2, and it also runs beautifully on maxed out graphics and highest resolution.
    The problem is definitely within Raceroom :-(

19. Manc

Manc New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Getting a very similar problem here. I came to raceroom for the AAI, but this stutter is significant.

12700k & 3080ti, triple screen, no vsync no overlays etc. Runs all the other big sims great. Spent almost two hours trying to work around this a little bit ago before I hit the internet for answers.

Find anything useful @ScopeSV ?

20. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    @Manc You are probably using an unsupported resolution. Check Steam\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\supported_resolutions.xml to see if you resolution matches. Perhaps, even try 1 monitor to see if the issue disappears to confirm the suspicion.