Problem annoying ingame stutter

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by ScopeSV, Jan 27, 2023.

1. Manc

Manc New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ...so looking through the xml, you're telling me that triple screen resolutions are not supported?
    And here I was excited about the eclectic premier pack selection :(

2. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    no, I'm not saying it doesn't work, I'm just saying that might be why you are getting stutter... Try with a single monitor at a supported resolution, and let us know if the stutter goes away. That will help further diagnose.

3. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    I don't know where you got that idea of "unsupported resolution" from, and why you think it's relevant in cases like this one. It wasn't the problem for the topic starter, he had the same stutter on a single screen too.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. VFX Pro

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    The official supported resolutions are shown in the XML despite showing in the UI. For me, I get stuttering if I use 5120x1440 (the resolution is not listed in the supported resolutions list), but if I use a listed resolution the stutter disappears.

5. Manc

Manc New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, at single screen 16:9 it runs great.
    At 48:9 half res it runs great, but I noticed something interesting: I had to bind a couple keys to move the cockpit cam around to make it drivable and after I bound them the inputs got REAL non-responsive ... To the point where I couldn't alt-tab or Ctrl shift escape out of the sim, and I noticed a stutter in the wheel motor so I hit the estop and all the other inputs came back fine. I adjusted the camera, messed with a few more things, powered the wheel back up, and drove some more.
    Went ahead and reset all the graphics to my actual triples settings and on minimum quality, still got the occasional stutter and laggy input (by keeping an eye on the input meter display) which would go away with cycling the e-stop on the wheel.

What the buggy hell man?

Fanatec DD2, current drivers and firmware.
    Heusinkveld Ultimates.
    Generic keyboard and mouse (both USB).

6. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Could it be a faulty contact on the e-stop button?

What happens if you unplug the base, wheel, etc. and try the game with a differrent controller, for example gamepad or keyboard?

7. Manc

Manc New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Again, hasn't been a problem in two years of steady operation in other sims, but I'll give an Xbox style controller a try.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, Raceroom can be funky with devices, it has a slightly different approach to inputs than other games.

BTW, is there a way to see what inputs are triggered? DiView maybe? https://heusinkveld.com/download-diview/
    Have it run in the background, Alt-tab to it when the stutter comes.

9. Manc

Manc New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    With the USB disconnected from the wheelbase, and running a gamepad instead - same type of problem.
    It's like the renderer is oversaturated, or something.

10. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    I remember people had issues with VR when running too high resolutions and had to dial it down to below 5k. Maybe there's a similar problem with triples? As in, too many pixels horizontally or in total? The renderer is pretty old and might've not been made with triples in mind.

What's your full resolution?

What happens if you turn vSync on? I had stutter issues on 1080p in the past without sync, but with vSync there were no issues.

P.S. What's funny about my comment above?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2023
  11. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Have you tried a slightly smaller resolution?

If you turn on Scaling in nVidia control panel, it adds several new resolutions that are smaller than the native one, but with the same aspect ratio.

12. ScopeSV

ScopeSV New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately it never worked for me. I bought the full version of the sim. Apparently just a waste of cash.
    Couldn't figure out why.

I'm wondering if my hardware just isn't a good fit for the game. Even though I run the following listed sims on absolute highest graphics on almost 8000x1440p 144hz:
    - iRacing
    - Assetto Corsa Competizione
    - Assetto Corsa w Sol and Pure
    - rFactor2
    - Automobilista 2

Might be because the game runs single threaded. I wish there was some official help to get, but they took my money and f*ked off :)

13. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    You previously stated the picture settings are controlled by the 3D app. Does that mean you have custom AA and such set up in Nvidia panel? My first suggestion would be to make sure you have a default profile there with everything set to application controlled (raceroom in this case) and then delete the graphics.xml found in your raceroom folder in documents. Start the game and let it create a new file. Try from there.

I will say that I get some stutter even on a low resolution single screen if I don't use vsync.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. ScopeSV

ScopeSV New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yep I previously tried to put everything in Nvidia on the most performant settings. Didn't help. The settings got reset when I reinstalled the nvidia drivers. That didnt help either.

I tried deleting he graphics file. Made no difference unfortunately.

I've uploaded a video of the stutter
    This is on the lowest graphics settings (low), triple screens activated with nvidia sync on.

15. VFX Pro

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    This is one of the worst track for FPS. Lower the track object details, are lower your mirrors to the lower settings. Worked perflectly for me.

16. ScopeSV

ScopeSV New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The graphics are at the lowest. The track should not be "worst for FPS" on my computer.

VFX Pro I can see that you have a pretty good computer as well. I'm sure it runs beautifully on other sims, so the problem is the sim itself, it seems.
    Its too bad, as the physics engine of the sim feels really good

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. ScopeSV

ScopeSV New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Update:
    So the game has been pretty much unplayable on some tracks. Sepang was a nightmare.
    The issue is DX9, which does not utilize a modern multi-core processor. This means that Raceroom won't use all available cores, and a single core on a multi-core processor has too little oomph.

As my graphics card supports Vulkan, I could use that and Re-bar turned on instead of DX9. This had a significant fps boost and makes even Sepang almost run flawlessly even on high settings.

I still have some drops in fps, particularly on Sepang, but nothing compared to running the sim on DX9.
    I used to have some fps drops on Nurburgring and Nordschleife, but it runs smoothly on Vulkan.

• Like Like x 1