Ghub still an issue?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Muca, Feb 21, 2023.

1. Muca

Muca Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    After 2 years I started with sim racing again and I ordered the Logitech DD wheel.
    I remember that ghub for Logitech users had issues with raceroom. Is it still the case?
    And do I also get Firmware updates with LCS?

Thanks in advance. :)

2. Muca

Muca Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    It seems nobody has an answer. I have only the wheel right now and wanted to check if it is working and Raceroom does not recognize it. Logitech Gaming Software does not support this wheel.
    So it seems returning or can anyone help?

3. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Hi. I've seen simracingcorner using the Logitech DD wheel with Raceroom on YouTube. If that helps?

4. Muca

Muca Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I have seen several reviewers with the Logitech dd playing Raceroom but for me it does not recognize the wheel. Since the reviewers ghub software and firmware changed several times. Do you support it or only in compatibility mode g923?

btw simracingcorner plays it in pro wheel mode and not in compatibility

5. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Maybe ask him? As far as I know no one at the studio or testers has one.

6. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    If it doesn't say what wheel is connected, then pick any profile that is there and bind you controls (if you pick "Keyboard", make sure to turn off speed-sensitive steering in Advanced).

If you try to bind the controls, but they do nothing, then install the latest GHub and try again.

7. Muca

Muca Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I did map the controls with keyboard. The angle adjustment is not correct, it thinks I have 900 degree wheel...

Is there a reason that raceroom does not have a profile from the biggest wheel manufacturer?
    No wonder it does not recognize it:
    \steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\General\steering_wheels.xml
    If I can help you, I will.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2023
  8. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Does the wheel work now?

If automatic angle adjustment doesn't work, you can try that trick I used for Moza.

Maybe @Peter Koch can tell how you can help?

9. Muca

Muca Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Do you mean this post? https://forum.kw-studios.com/index.php?threads/moza-racing-r9-base.18519/reply&quote=240674

Does not work because there is no Logitech Pro Wheel in Raceroom.
    I set 1080 in the profile and on the base but if I do a 180 turn in game, the wheels do not line up. It is completely fucked up.

It was my favorite sim for many years and after I had to pause for 2 years, it seems it is time to move away... Logitech is the biggest name out there and they did not even bother to put a profile in the game >6 months after release. THIS is for me a huge sign.

I just want to race and not to fiddle with the settings every time I start a race or the game...

10. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Not sure what to say... Do you want to vent your frustration and move away? Or do you want to have a working game that you were happy with for many years? It's not like Raceroom was known for being issue-free and user-friendly when it comes to newly released hardware (this wheel is not 6 month old and is still pretty rare), especially with rotation angles auto-adjustment...

For that trick to work you would need to add the Logitech Pro section yourself. You'd need the deviceID for that. If you attach your profile .rcs file here, I can do it for you.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2023
  11. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I have notified the Devs and they indeed need the device ID. If you can post that here we can get a default profile set up for the Logitech DD.

Thanks.

12. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    Maybe due to the fact that logitech are happy to send free stuff to influencers so ppl buy there wheel ,but dont consider sending out a test unit to iron out any bugs to a studio ......

Andi

13. Muca

Muca Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Wait, you do not have device ID? So you need someone with the wheel to send it to you? No way? There are like 10-15 games a buyer will play, the do not contact you?

DeviceName[01]="Logitech G HUB PRO Racing Wheel for PlayStation and PC USB"
    DeviceId[01]="(3261596781, -1, -1, 0)"
    If it matters: I still have the thrustmaster pedals, waiting for new ones...

I will do that.

Yes I was very frustrated, I apologize.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  14. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. Information forwarded. As Andi said,.if Logitech don't give the studio the required data or a unit to test with there's not much can be done.

15. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    @Muca Here, steering_wheels.xml with Logitech added.

Attached Files:

16. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    @Muca And this one with the auto-angle trick. Please tell if it works or not, I'm curious.

Attached Files:

17. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    To late to the Party

18. Muca

Muca Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Thank you but I created it myself and it does not work. I should have said that I am an ex dev :)
    I tried LGS instead of Ghub, same.
    I basically need to set the steering angle on the logitech manually for every car. It is basically in game car angle * 1.66.

Anyone any idea what is wrong?

19. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Video > Advanced - Steering Animation is set to "Match setup", right?

If I'm not mistaken, you bound your Logitech inputs in what was your previous Thrustmaster profile. Maybe that is what causes the issue? Pick a new Keyboard profile, bind your wheel and pedals there (also make sure to turn off Speed-sensitive steering) and try it like that.

20. Muca

Muca Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Steering animation is correct. I will try to redo the profile.