Ghub still an issue?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Muca, Feb 21, 2023.

1. Muca

Muca Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Created a new profile from Keyboard, same issue.

I will return the Logitech Wheel probably and just buy Fanatec. I and they have no idea when I get my pedals even though it is and was ready to ship....

Thanks everyone for help!

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Many reviewers say Logitech DD has the best FFB.

3. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    So what's the actual issue now. Just that automatic rotation setting isn't working? You have FFB etc?

4. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    I don't get how this in-game rotation angle thing might not work on one specific wheel model but work on others. From my understanding, its principle is very simple and straightforward and doesn't depend on hardware (instead of reacting to the whole range of wheel signal, I don't know, 0 to 65535, it only reacts to a part of it, for example 13106 to 52428). I'd check once again if everything is set how I described in that Moza thread, deviceID is correct, etc. and play with the numbers to see what changes and how.

For example, I was getting mismatched rotation if numbers in .rcs file in "spring based range lock max rotation" and in the wheel drivers/software don't match.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2023
  5. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Also, turn on the input meter widget on the screen and see what angles you get there, do they match the in-game wheel and the real wheel or not. Actually this input meter was what I referred to when I was experimenting with this feature, as I don't use the in-game wheel animation (it's turned off).

Last edited: Feb 27, 2023
  6. Muca

Muca Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I checked everything and it does not match at all, like the sensitivity is wrong but everywhere is fine and tried to play around with it, nothing works.

I can imagine that the Thrustmaster wheel plays a role here as the base is also connected to the PC.

Does not matter, the Logitech wheel goes back. The rim for me has flaws and is the most uncomfortable wheel I have ever tried. FFB is fantastic though!
    I ordered Moza R9 and Fanatec pedals. Will be slightly cheaper.

btw if anyone is interested: Trueforce is absolute garbage, it has a tickling sensation, extremely uncomfortable The frequency is way too high. 30 min diy time and <100 Euro with 2 bass shakers is miles ahead.

7. eSTee3

eSTee3 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Came here to hopefully find a solution to the game crashing if I try using the wheel with the GHub software (only way FFB will work). Guess it's not gonna be fixed any time soon since it's been over a year alreade. Sigh....

8. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Is this the correct thread? Because it this thread is not about game crashing and it's less than one year old. Also, game crashing with GHub is not something that comes up regularly, but there should be a lot of people using Logitech wheels. What's you wheel? Maybe worth creating a new thread or asking on Discord? You'll find a lot more people there than here on forums.

9. Muca

Muca Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    This thread was not about crashing. The devs did not have the Logitech dd id. Issue was resolved as far as I know.