Suggestion for those few of us driving electric cars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by msandoy, Feb 21, 2023.

1. msandoy

msandoy New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    There's not enough of us to make an interesting race online, so a few improvments to the AI is sorely needed.
    1. There is only one driver name for each car type. An easy sollution would be for the user to be able to assign names manually when setting up the grid.
    2. The AI does not understand the consept of regenerating power. I drive consistently the same pace as AI, but manages 2,5 times the distance. Maybe the AI does pit stops with large remaining battery capacities?
    3. Some of the tracks from the Formula E series might also add to the driving pleasure.

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    Any chance you can put up a couple of screenshots of your single player screen , and all of the settings before you click race

Andi

3. msandoy

msandoy New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Here are some screenshots of my settings for the singe race.

Attached Files:

4. msandoy

msandoy New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    This is during and after finish a 20 lap race on the Grandprix track. I still have 17% battery left, and the AI had to stop to recharge 3 times. I lapped them 2 times.
    I'm a below average driver, so I'm not that good. Something has to be done about this AI.

Attached Files:

5. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    It appears that something has indeed gone wrong there.

I will look in to it.

• Like Like x 2
  6. micro-impact

micro-impact New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    It´s really time to give the Cupras some love and add driver names. I stopped driving them because I don´t like seeing only R. Driver tags the whole field.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Rowan Unning

Rowan Unning Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    In general R3E for not main highlighted cars categories feels very slippery compared to real driving.
    For instance Electric Cupra at Bathurst is unusually slippery

8. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    youve driven the E cupra at bathurst in real life wow; i bet that was a blast ; have you any telemetry from your session

Andi

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. Alex Hodgkinson

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    This will come to an update near you soon™

10. Rowan Unning

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    mmm.. obviously not.

Having R3E full content i tried a bit Electric cars at known tracks (practice).

In particular i was trying Bathurst cuz is a nice track and very critic in mountains slopes...

Tested Volkswagen ID.R and E Cupra in there, simply cuz seems to be the more intriguing Electric cars to drive.
    Probably also the Ford Mach-E worth a try.

And so long short, ended up that VW ID.R is very engaging car to drive (Nordschleife in particular)... E Cupra is practically a WTCR .. more slippery and more powerful.

But E-Cupra at Bathurst, as i remeber, was almost undriveable cuz slips as hell around ( dunno if rigid suspensions, too much engine power, or too much car light weight for the power the car has).

VW ID.R seems to be the more interesting to race on, cuz ready to drive no setups needed. Good downforce and the driving feeling is in between a GT3 and FRx ( with no engine sound and lot of wind sound as a glider ).

E-Cupra seems a WTCR with a GT3 engine.

im not an expert, just impressions testing cars as a gamer amatorial driver

Last edited: Mar 8, 2023
  11. Alex Hodgkinson

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Not at all. It looks the same and starts with a similar body shell, that's where the similarities end.
    It's much heavier, nearly 400kg more in fact.
    It has nearly double the power of a TCR and the rear wheels do the driving.
    Weight distribution is 60% over the rear axles, as opposed to 60% over the front for TCR cars.

We were fortunate enough to have Jordi Gene's input to help us develop the handing of our car in game.
    Also a good friend of mine tested the car in Spain and provided additional feedback on it's behaviour.

• Like Like x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  12. Rowan Unning

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    yep, that video convinced me to test the car at the time i was looking to test some electric cars experience.

I'll give it a second try for sure.

Edit: checking a bit... was 18 nov '22... i put a laptime in leaderboard for ID.R - Bathurst... but for E-Cupra because impressions i remembered. I'll try again

Last edited: Mar 8, 2023
  13. micro-impact

micro-impact New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    This E Cupra drives great.
    I would appreciate to see the whole E TCR Cars in a pack.

• Like Like x 1
  14. msandoy

msandoy New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi.
    I can still humiliate the AI drivers using electric cars. Beat the AI by two laps in a 20 lap race.
    I still hav a hope for a fix in the near future.

15. Nauseumster

Nauseumster Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    every single person playing R3E is driving an electric car ;)

16. msandoy

msandoy New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi. Just tested another 20 lap race, AI at 100%, crushed them totally, more than one lap before them at finish.
    Still waiting for the fix for the AI on electric cars.

17. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    100% isn't fast. You should expect to beat them easily at that. Around 105 is average and 110 plus is alien level.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    That still sounds too slow. Losing by a whole lap in a 20-lap race is the equivalent of losing 4,5 seconds on a 1:30 lap.

19. msandoy

msandoy New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    To clarify, I'm a terible driver. The reason for me winning this race at all, is the absolute failure of the AI to do anything with electric cars. They have no clue about re-generation or power conservation.
    There has been several updates since my last mention of this problem (In February.), but no improvements to the AI.
    The electric cars has been available to buy for well over a year, and they still charge for them. The AI does not make for any kind of a race experience, and there are not enough of real people online to have a multiplayer race.
    Seems the focus is to push more content, not to make existing contet work as expected.
    My single event setup was as show in the picture.

Attached Files:

20. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Which engine map do you use during the races? The AI is probably permanently driving with the highest engine map.

You have to keep in mind that the electric cars represented in the game don't do pit stops in real life. The Cupra E-Racer only did sprint races lasting a few laps in ETCR. The VW ID.R was a hillclimb car, and the Ford Mustang Mach-E is a drift showcar.

Last edited: May 31, 2023