A new Watkins Glen AI RANT!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nedimmb, Mar 18, 2023.

1. nedimmb

nedimmb Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Sooooooo it happens again, something strange has been done which makes the AIs a big problem again at the same track I have had bad exeperiences with before which now repeat itself again despite a patch. When the AIs received a fix last summer, I was mega happy that their bland behavior of warping with lightning speed in the lead has been fixed and that I can finally race them without problems. However now, there is a new problem! I was racing as usual with the GTR3 class but now I encounter the AIs doing far too fast lap times ahead of me even in difficulty settings which I have no problems with in other race circuits(Nordschleife included). But now I can almost never catch them when they make mid 1:45s now and if I make a smallest mistake, I then will lose 0,5-0,8 seconds from them with no chance to catch them. Also worthy noting, the AIs behind will do warp paces at 1:44. Like WTF?!?!?!?!? Why even having rubber-banding when you race against AIs??????? Honestly now, this is becoming so tiresome and I am about to give up with this game. What can possibly cause the AIs to behave like this????? If I can race them at Nurburgring and Macau without issues, then why is this happening at Watkins Glen??????? Consider yourselves to tweak the AI paces again which have been completely messed up.
    Thanks

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    ai %
    race duration
    any other settings

Andi

3. nedimmb

nedimmb Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Difficulty 100 %
    Duration 8 laps
    Realistic damage

4. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    Delete "Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\Player1\aiadaptation.xml" and try again, just to be sure.