Waiting for my Simjack Pro pedals, super hyped!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nolive721, Apr 25, 2023.

Tags:
  1. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Hello

Don't see so many post about this pedal set but after checking few reviews in the last few days, decided to take the plunge and ordered from their store the 3 pedal set with 2 Hydraulic rods additionally for $250 shipped to me in Japan so not bad of a deal I think

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...der_detail.order_detail_item.4.ac41f19c1vOubA

Been massively upgrading my rig in recent months coming form a TSPC racer and now running a MOZA R9 with CS with aftermarket rim, CS rim with aftermarket QR and also recently a ES modded wheel.

Pedals I have had now for a good 5yrs are the Fanatec CSL Elite v1, and just Gas/Brake without load cell (I missed the timing before they retired the Load cell add-on) so obviously I am very hyped about the Simjacks as successor here.

I hear about some mods possible to adjust them which is a thing difficult to do with the CSL so that was another selling point

I had looked at the MOZA CRP but they are expensive and the CSL Elite cost a good $100 more than what I paid for the Simjacks so it was a no brainer to maintain budget low

anyway, happy to hear your views and of course experience from you guys with this same set of pedals

• Like Like x 1
  2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Interesting. Please share your thoughts when you get the pedals!

What rim did you buy? Got a link?

3. nolive721

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    for sure I will

as per the Rim mod, sorry I had bought it years ago and its sold out now

this is the end result fitted on the CS button box https://imgur.com/0BEBQQP

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Hmmm. I tried going to Motamec's site but was unable to connect. So, I went to Ebay (US site). They have something similar to the wheel you have in the picture...
    Universal Leather Flat Drift Racing Steering Wheel D Shape Horn Button 6 Holes | eBay

I got to tell a friend who has a Fanatec Universal Hub I found this. I believe he's still looking for a D shape wheel that isn't Alcantara and doesn't have Forza embroidered across the bottom.

But back to the Jim Jack Pro's. I am also very interested in what you have to say about the pedals. I'm saving to replace my CSL LC V1 set with something more adjustable. I was considering the Sim Jack Pro pedals, the BJ Sim racing Steel GT Pro pedals and, the Girro Sim Pro XR pedals. I was heavily leaning towards the Girro's before I found out that the BJ pedals has shipped to the US.

5. nolive721

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Hello. thanks for sharing.

If you or your buddy are comfortable to order on Aliexepress,I found that one which is quite close to the one I am using right now. it says $50 delivered to me in Japan so your mileage may vary

https://m.ja.aliexpress.com/item/10...5-0c5116038d11-46&gatewayAdapt=gloPc2jpnMsite

Regarding the Simjack's,I am just few days in but so far so good. I have left all things to default mechanically, not adjusted anything on the pedals themselves but did some tweaking on my Rig as well as made a ghetto heel plate.
    https://ibb.co/Ln5PpS7

I have calibrated them with a tool called freejoy though.

I am good for now with ergonomics and feel driving GT cars with no clutch use and more classic cars with a H patter shifter making the use of the clutch pedal.
    Its my 1st LC pedals as my CSL Elite v1 were just the std pot as I mentioned in my OP so I still need to get used to them especially the brake pedal that is quite stiff considering its a 200kg loadcell, has 3 bushes+spring and a damper on top.I see me making some adjustment in the near future but travel is good compared to my IRL car (Benz A250, good brakes but very short travel)
    And its obvious, the wheel lock management is 100times better with a LC variant

Throttle is nice as it is but its making some slight squealing noise that i will investigate later for sure, might the spring coil to coil contact or the bearing somewhere in the pedal articulation

The Clutch pedal is also quite good, just need to improve the actual "bite" feeling that is little bit lacking but I am pretty sure this can be done considering all the adjustments possible this pedals set has.

overall for like $230 delivered, I can not be happier

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 8, 2023
  6. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Wrong link, I suppose?

Regarding Aliexpress, I use it all the time, made dozens of purchases over the years. A couple of orders didn't arrive but they were some very cheap, unimportant stuff so I didn't care much (on top of disputing the order and getting my money back).

7. nolive721

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. Link corrected

8. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the suggestion. I sent him the link. Not sure if he's bought from Aliexpress before.

The pedals sounds real nice. The bite point on the clutch was one of the only downfalls on the mini version. Seeing that the spring is mounted a lot higher on the Pro set, I would assume it would work if set to the top at the spring perch, and at the lowest point at the pedal? But that is speculation.

As for modifications and upkeep. I imagine some lube on the bushings would cure the squeeking. And Simracing Corner made a video on modding his SJ Mini pedals. I imagine a lot of what he did, would carry over to your Pro set.

• Like Like x 1
  9. nolive721

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Thanks
    I had a look at the Mini but honestly the price of the Pro was so good that it was a no brainer

the video you are sharing is good though so I will consider
    It’s true that both pedals share some heavy design clues but mechanically the Pro are in another league

As mentioned I am quite happy right now but then my priorities order will be

fix the throttle squeaking noise as it’s bothering me a bit now
    Work out a better progressivity of the brake
    Improve the clutch bite

• Like Like x 1
  10. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Its weird that the Pros are cheaper than Minis (at least what I see now).

• Like Like x 1
  11. nolive721

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    it was the same when I posted this 2months ago. smaller don't always mean cheaper. and yes for me it was a no brainer to go with the Pros instead of the Mini

12. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Weird again.... Minis are now cheaper. :)

13. nolive721

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    :p:D:eek:

14. nolive721

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    actually not for me in Japan. the Pros are 6,000JPY cheaper. thats $40, quite a lot

upload_2023-7-5_22-21-26.png

upload_2023-7-5_22-22-17.png

• Like Like x 1
  15. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0