Problem RR Servers have no variety! Please, add a track/car rotation server, ty!

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by 762s, May 18, 2023.

1. 762s

762s New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Can we get a server or two or three or more with rotation of ALL the tracks/cars, please!

Some more fun than the same thing that it has been recently.
    Having seen the same 4 tracks on some 16 servers is getting very very boring.

Seeing Spa-Francorchamps is very very nice with a cool looking fast car(dpi? iirc) but, I can not get a race because I think it is set up with a way to long a time, 60min. practice, 90min race or something ... that is a very long total time. no? I joined it several times and had 2 people join and they quit during practice :(

There is so much content and we can not race what we buy with others in a ranked server? why?

I think there is close 100 tracks out of the 58 we have.
    You could make a server(or 2) run 14~24 different tracks a day for 1 week and it would run all the tracks. (i think)
    ie:
    20min. Practice, 5min. Qualify, 25min. Race
    and that gives 10 minute break and a new server with a new track starts top of the hour.
    You can do 24 tracks a day like this. And you could have many variables of tracks/cars within that day.
    In 4 days you would run almost 100 different tracks giving 3 days for more track/car rotations if wanted or needed to have played them all.

Giving us many options to play this content we purchased on a ranked server is much better!!
    You could even switch it up more so that different time zones can have different tracks at their times throughout the days/weeks.
    Make it so there is more options all the time for everyone to play their purchased content on ranked.
    And within a month we would have had a chance to play on ranked with all our purchased track/car content several times.

Please, thanks for considering!

edit: picture to show content we have :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 19, 2023
  2. 762s

762s New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    At some time today a change happened and there is only 10 servers listed now.

:confused:

Attached Files:

3. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    One server that runs many different tracks might be interesting. But I think people are pretty picky about what tracks to race on (on top of not owning some or many tracks), so I expect it to be a hit-or-miss.

4. 762s

762s New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We should not be made to play the same tracks on ranked for weeks on end.

There is not even a single ranked server that plays the "FREE" content ... why not? :rolleyes:

5. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Two weeks might be too long, yes. But one week might be enough if you look at Gran Turismo Sport and GT7.

6. ShortyBuzzGER

ShortyBuzzGER Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    The problem is: the most used tracks are the tracks that most people like and ranked is about getting people to play. so of course there will always be Spa, Hockenheim, RedBullRing and so on. Also there will always be GT3.

Why there is no free ranked combo? You should be able to answer that yourself. Just look at all the all content open lobbies. absolute crash festivals. Now imagine that with points?! Absolute garbage :D You can already see that problem when the game has free periods, ranked is hell then...

Look at the free content as a "demo" of the game. and if you want to race seriously, you only have to invest 10€ with the starter pack.

7. 762s

762s New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

... solely in the hands of who is setting the servers up!
    16 servers and all have of them have the same tracks ... that is just pure laziness!

16 servers and 6+- are completely empty most all the time!
    And lets not even bring up when there is 10, 12 or even all of the 16 servers are empty for hours and hours!!!
    And not even 2 servers with a rotation of all tracks/cars can be seen?
    Again, that is laziness and a serious lack of caring for the other players views in this sim!

And about the "crash fest" as you and others want to call it, that is another issue that could be resolved really quick, esp. with "free" content and new drivers and that is only in the hands of the devs to fix their system.

Last edited: May 20, 2023
  8. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    It's not laziness at all. When devs set up a server, it takes the same amount of time to put Spa in there as a more rare track. Spa and all that stuff are chosen for a reason.

Servers are empty because there's not a lot of people playing this game in general. Ranked servers were launched more than 3 years ago, many combos were tried, guess which ones are more populated? Those with more popular and well-known tracks. Of course it doesn't mean that rare tracks/combos shouldn't exist, but it explains why some tracks are used all the time and some are only occasionally.

Another factor is that rookie and AM servers are usually built around Starter pack content to lower the entry cost for ranked racing.
    https://game.raceroom.com/store/pack/starter-pack

And like I said, a server with all or many track would be an interesting experiment in my eyes.

What's this quick fix?

Last edited: May 20, 2023
  9. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    chill a bit
    the servers are set up the way ppl have been asking for them to be ;
    you are always welcome to make some suggestions
    but try not to come across as you did in this post
    there will never be any purely free content ranked servers thats pretty certain
    as for rolling servers ; some ppl were having issues getting dropped on server switch ; and not for one simple reason ; so servers tend to be one track
    ppl also asked for a single track so that they could get better and not have to learn x tracks in a short period

10. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    In my opinion the ranked servers have killed MP and the the game in general. As you say, you can´t have free content on them and now there are no iunranked free content servers at all apart from the usual multiclass and hotlap dedi ones.

Even a lot of the high ranked players have given up too - it´s a all a bit of a mess outside the esporte championship races.

A few years ago you could hop into a race pretty much immediately with Silhouettes or Hillclimb cars on the free tracks and the servers were pretty busy. Now it´s hay bale blowing through abandoned village even at prime time in Europe.

What´s the point in having a free access game when there are so limited options to play against other people and learn racecraft, make friends etc? This used to be what got people like myself hooked and then buy more content to diversify.

11. 762s

762s New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @2:30 eastern
    6 of 9 servers up are running the same track

2 of the 6 could be merged and that would give a bigger grouping of players driving together!
    and 2 of the 4 same car type servers could be merged too.

merging the servers would free up a server(s) and allow for more variety.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 23, 2023
  12. 762s

762s New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @10:30 eastern

Only 5 servers?
    and 4 are EU

imo, the ping difference of 20ms with EU vs US is not really an issue and not seeing why the servers are named different.
    and really, US players should see much better ping rates, ie: 20~60 is ideal for ones region.
    playing with a ping on "US" region server @100+ ping well, players will see and experience lag.

fwiw,
    having the only eligible ticked on makes no difference to the servers I see.
    with 90+ rep all servers show up regardless so, that option is busted.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 23, 2023
  13. 762s

762s New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @12 eastern

After racing with 3 other drivers on one of the many ranked zandavoort tracks ...
    I watched the red bull server go into qualifying and no one was in there.
    Can you make the servers reset if when no one is in them?

6 ghost town ranked servers :(
    but, there are 146 players that are in game right now.
    20 or so are in the many other tracks that are not being played on ranked servers!

Attached Files:

14. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Only 2 of them are in the same region and with the same requirements, if I'm not mistaken.

The servers are named different because they are located in different parts of the world. You live in a place that is somewhat equally far from both EU and US servers, that's why your ping is similar. But that wouldn't be the same for everyone. Someone living in China can see similar ping to Europe and Oceania servers, but that doesn't mean you can easily merge these two regions without any negative consequences, right?

Yes, but I think that particular server was scheduled to run at a certain fixed time.

Some problems could be solved if there was proper matchmaking system with dynamically opening servers depending on the number, region and stats of the drivers. For now, all servers are set up manually (although some server can spawn duplicates of themselves if there are no open servers with that combo), so it's a bit limited in what it can do.

For quite a long time KW studios had an open vacancy for back-end programmer, but not anymore. I hope they found the right person and something will be done to improve ranked structure.

15. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Do you mean to say they were there because they didn't like tracks on ranked servers? And there can't be a number of other reasons for that?

16. 762s

762s New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Point being there are players and they are obviously playing other tracks so, it stands to reason that if tracks are not being ran in the ranked selection that people want to play then the ranked servers will have no life.
    Listening to a select few voices and thinking that is what the entire player base wants to play forever is not to smart.

17. 762s

762s New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @just before noon eastern

And we see another 4 servers all playing the same track.
    2 could merged and the number of drivers could be doubled in 1 instance.

This is just crazy ...

Attached Files:

18. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Not one of those servers is targeted at the same group of people tho. 3 are for different regions and for the 2 european ones, one is for rookies and the other for ams (that split having been introduced fairly recently because people kept asking for a maximum rating/rep for rookie servers (although personally im not a fan of that as there just arent enough players for that imo))

19. ShortyBuzzGER

ShortyBuzzGER Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Not really, the most people are playing single player and after that the people drive free content open lobbies on raceroom raceway bridge. That doesn't have to do anything with "obviously playing other tracks".

20. 762s

762s New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So, you are going to come here and tell me what I saw in the unranked server list?

What you claim about the rrbridge is not even what was seen at this time :rolleyes: