Problem Nordschleife 24 hrs; massive FPS drop

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Iain Richmond, May 20, 2023.

1. Iain Richmond

Iain Richmond New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    So, I tried to replicate the 24hrs of the Nordschleife today with 27 GT3 cars, as this incredible event is live, and it was a disaster. The drop in FPS is horrendous, down around 60% from my usual FPS to approx. 35 Tried lowering graphics to medium; low mirror etc.etc, brought graphics settings down to their minimum, with little to no improvement. Time acceleration at 0, as I read this is an issue; didn’t help either. It’s not my rig, all other games are ok with my amd 9 3900xt/ 3090 Nvidia. For me, one of RRE biggest draws, is Nords with all its glory, but it’s so poorly implemented, with a performance that’s a disaster. This seriously needs looking at, as this performance drop is unacceptable. I could live with 60fps, but that seems light years away, unless I completely renew my rig. I love RRE, but for now, Nordschleife is unplayable, unless I’m on AMS2/RF2.

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    can you give the rest of your specs and hardware ; also what screen etc

Andi

3. Iain Richmond

Iain Richmond New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Sure Andi, thanks for getting back, here we go:
    AMD 9 3900xt 12x 3.80GHz | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3080 - 10GB | 480GB SSD + 4TB | Win 11
    Mainboard: SI MPG X570 Gaming Edge
    Monitor: 49" CRG9 Dual-QHD 240 hz Odyssey Gaming Monitor (aspect ratio 5120 x 1440)
    Wheel base: Fanatec CSL DD; V3 clubsport pedals

4. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Have you tried all the versions of the Nordschleife? Some of them have particularly bad FPS in sections (the one including the new nurburgring, especially) and others are less bad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Iain Richmond

Iain Richmond New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Good idea, I’ll give that go; maybe VLN. But with the 24hrs version, the FPS is consistently awful, all the way round the track.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    For years i started that thema they did not fix anything in that issue impossible to drive - bad stutters in T1 caused by AI.Framedrops in Schumacher S etc. Better play that in AMS 2.No fun here for years.But who cares.:mad:

7. Hendrick

Hendrick Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    VLN works fine but the 24hrs version is poorly optimized that has been well know for some time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Yes and i check after every "update" if they did some "work" on this and the other tracks like Sepang and Spa 24 hours wich also have problems till then no buy of new cars or tracks for me.

9. Iain Richmond

Iain Richmond New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I tried VLN, & like you all said, the performance is much better than 24hrs. With 24hrs, I was getting approx. 35 FPS, all around the circuit, making it simply unplayable. Changes to graphics i.e., lowering them to a minimum, made absolutely no difference; FPS remained at approx 35. VLN however, I was getting between 58 - 65 FPS, not great, but at least it’s playable, & almost double the FPS of 24hrs. At least let’s hope, that this is looked at; as from reading past posts, it appears to be a well known problem, & for such an important track in RRE, it’s difficult to understand why this has not been resolved.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    Couple of things
    Not everyone is getting such low numbers
    Ppl in general are getting a 20 fps difference , but generally within a playable threshold
    Myself being one of those
    Any chance you could do some screenshots of the settings in your nvidia cp
    Also can you add your graphics option xml
    From the game

Andi

11. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    If a substantial difference in FPS between versions of the same track is acknowledged then would it not be better to test why this is happening on RRE side as it does not appear to be on the user end. I am not sure of with Spa it´s on both versions of the track - should be as the main difference is the placement of the start finish line.

Is it to do with the size of the track file as the combination of Ring and Nurburgring makes it the biggest one in the game? Or pehaps there is a bugged graphics element at that specific part of the track that is causing the issue (turns 1 to 9 of Nurburgring).

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    Thats part of the reason im asking for the files , the other being the 35fps on a monster of a system compared to mine ,
    Also as ive mentioned my drop isnt a severe as that by a long way , maybe 10 fps , so im running 60- 90 fps 24hr , 70-90fps vln

Andi

13. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Another point is your respective monitor refresh rates and whether he is playing in VR or not as his normal FPS seems quite low for the system.

If you are on a 60hz monitor then the fps drop won´t be as noticeable.

14. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    Agreed , but everybit of info helps ...

Andi

15. Iain Richmond

Iain Richmond New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the reply Andi. I guess we can agree, everyone has a noticeable drop in performance, but my issue is obviously outside the norm. I’ve attached the files, you requested. If you need anymore, let me know. Thanks again

Attached Files:

16. Iain Richmond

Iain Richmond New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Can you read this?

Attached Files:

17. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Tried this myself just out of curiosity and agree, totally unplayable, 35fps v VLN 60fps? I would say there is something amiss with that version?
    Maybe instead of releasing new content, some of these ongoing old issues should be fixed? IMHO

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    I don't see as big of a drop as you do.

Even with time progression at 1x, 27 AI, starting from P18, I got 45+ FPS at the start. The rest of GP section was something 60-70+, the Nords 80-100+. Not smooth enough for my liking, but still playable.

With time progression at 0x, it's 55+ FPS as the start, 80+ at GP section, 90-120+ at Nords. Feels smooth enough, I'm not noticing any FPS issues (except at the start).

VLN circuit is a bit better.

i7-5775c (no overclocking), GTX 3070, Win10 Pro. 3440*1440 monitor.
    In-game settings are mostly medium with a couple of highs and lows. nVidia settings: Anisotropic filtering - 16x, texture quality - High quality.
    No addons.
    Keyboard (was lazy to hook up the wheel).

(Upd: More tests here: https://forum.kw-studios.com/index....hrs-massive-fps-drop.18997/page-3#post-244059 )

Last edited: May 26, 2023
  19. Hendrick

Hendrick Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    The difference is obvious even on practice alone. Sector 3 fps drop is a nightmare o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    The fact that two versions of the same track run so differently is enough to query something ain’t right? As soon as you land on the grid you notice the FPS drop!
    ...and you shouldn’t need to change your graphics settings on a per track basis, that is bs...IMO!

• Winner Winner x 2