Problem Nordschleife 24 hrs; massive FPS drop

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Iain Richmond, May 20, 2023.

1. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    It started with the last but one FFB update.they changed something with the singel core resources and maxed it out to the last drop (DX 9) so that it has an effect even on my PC.it was the best smooth running game until then.now it lies more dead than alive on the hard drive because it is no longer fun.and as it can be read in eternally long discussions here, the dear developers don't seem to know how to solve the problem or they don't care.
    And it's not only at the start and T1, it's also extreme in the RTL curve and BIT curve sections, i.e. below 60 FPS.
    And changing graphics options or mirror settings does not much cause it has notrhing to do with it.unfortunately there is no official statement from the developers on this.Only silence.....:mad:

2. Iain Richmond

Iain Richmond New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Attached Files:

3. Iain Richmond

Iain Richmond New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi Andi, sorry me again! Now you should be able to open the attached graphic options file.

4. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Agreed ! For some time I'm only driving the Nordschleife (all layouts except for Tourist) with similar specs like Andy (Ryzen7 3700x, GTX1060 6GB, 32 GB Ram, 165hz Monitor, 1080p) atm with up to 80 cars Multiclass Grid (24h/VLN layout,around 40-50 FPS at Start) GFX mostly maxed out (shadows off, cause with that numbers it's causing slight stutters and framedrop below 50FPS min., ) I also enhanced the basic AA settings via Nvidia Inspector. Without reading this thread I wouldn't even have known about a performance issue.
    The only issue I have racing the NoS online are connection issues with a full 30+ Grid...and that persists for years...
    "Very strange that all is" Yoda would say...

5. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    So,to make it clear (again).I only need steady 60 FPS@1080p 60Hz V-sync.I don't have this in any other sim/game and everything is maxed out to the above mentioned.
    From start to finsh.
    Everything below 59 FPS is a performance issue.
    It has improved in the latest update.
    29 opponents me last in the back is my test setting.
    The Fun Fact here on this track is that when these strange stutter ocures ( i then have 55 fps), i look at my GFX temperatures and thought i could have something to do with it (61 C - 65 C),but it seems not!
    If i then restart the session,i have 59-61 fps from start.
    No third party apps running,Nvidia settings all reset to default.
    For some good tips i'm always thankful.

Last edited: May 24, 2023
  6. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    This is mine (no issues basically).

Attached Files:

7. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Time Multipler doesn't work on my system,makes every track undriveable.
    Why,i don't know.Did work before the great FFB update.

8. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Isn't that the whole point?...and who wants to run with shadows off, must look like crap! o_O

9. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    I suspect your problem is not Nordschleife then. Fixing one track wouldn't fix Time multiplier or whatever the issue is.

Did you try renaming/deleting graphics_options.xml or the whole folder? Did you try it without the wheel (unplug it completely) and use a gamepad or keyboard instead?

I run shadows on Medium and it's fine.

10. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    I have all on high except Blur is off
    Something is wrong with the track,it's fine on every track except Nürburg 24 Hours.
    The FFB changes are well done,comes closer to AMS 2,so it's fine for me.If i use 8x AA or 4x makes no differnce in fps,but time multipler coasts me 12 fps.
    And again something is very wrong with that track as i get differnt frames when i restart a bad frame session.In that case i think suddenly the GPU is getting hotter.Restart session,fps is back to normal (60).I checked the temperature after 20 minutes,all ok not mor than 65 C.
    But when this BIG UNKOWN kicks in,the the GPU temp is about 79 C.Strange-only on THAT track.I can understand about frame drops or stutters when something is happening on track like the big AI-Pile Up in T2,but it must be something ,i can't see visual in the background.
    I drive with 30 cars,all visible.Steady 60 fps.

Last edited: May 24, 2023
  11. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Time-Multipler is broken since the BIG GREAT FFB UPDATE.Same as Otterhud.
    Guys,whe had that thema three times and always the same questions but no answere that says something.
    If the DEVS had interest to fix these issues they can read my detailed tests and observations here in this thread or the one from last year.
    PS:My PC works fine as my other hardware,belive me:D

12. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    What happens if you drop it to medium? I think shadows and mirror quality are the most taxing settings. I also noticed I have "Car reflections" set to "Reduced" (not sure why, but who knows.)

Just for the information, when I did tests in R3E, I saw different FPS in every session anyway. The difference was upto 15% between the best and the worst session.

That's good, but that doesn't meat there can't be problems with how R3E works on your PC. As in, it's possible you're one of those people who have a much lower FPS than expected, while it works okay on other people's PCs.

That's not what I see on my PC, for example.
    1) Nurb 24H has probably the lowest FPS, but it's not like all other tracks run equally great while that one runs much worse.
    2) Time multiplier drops my FPS by maybe 15-25%. There are (or were) only a couple of tracks where this drop was much larger, upto 60%.

Let's make it clear. Your framerate is capped at 60 FPS. If it stays above 60, to you it's fine. If it drops below 60, to you it's more or less unplayable. Is that correct?

If you have links to your previous tests, can you post them?

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 25, 2023
  13. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    That still doesn't sound normal, based on what I see on my PC. What FPS (and at what settings) do you get on a other tracks, not Nurb? Maybe there's something else going on. For example:
    - Try without your wheel (unplug it completely and don't run Fanatec software in the background).
    - Run GPU-Z and tell what it says here (press the "?" sign so that the program loads your GPU):
    upload_2023-5-25_10-5-22.png
    - Try some others classes, those that only have one car model in them.

14. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    @Maskerader
    What is the quickest way to search or find posts of mine in the forum?
    Btw:
    I can play ACC @ 60 FPS with rain and night lightning with 15 visible cars and a relative good image quality without stutters and big frame drops.:)But i don't like the game.
    And time-multipler as a function that worked before the FFB update and now not is a joke.
    Raceroom was once my daily top sim but is now ruined more or less.It does not deserve this cause it is a great sim.I don't care about weather or the F.ckin' time - multipler but
    who really plays a (racing) sim under 60 FPS? Last time i did was GPL...

15. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
  16. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
  17. Spidybite

Spidybite New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    These days, GPL mainly rocks along nicely around the 60FPS mark :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Ehm, read what?

I asked this because that's not the right info to base any conclusions on. It's only a description of what you see, but not an indication of what's going on in the game under the hood or what the devs should do.

If you ran uncapped FPS, that would be useful. It would show if Nurb 24H really is an outlier (i.e. if all other tracks were running 100+ FPS) or if it just happens to be the most demanding track while others only run slightly above 60 FPS. If it's the former, then yes, devs should have fixed it long ago. But if it's the latter, then there's something else going wrong on your PC. Maybe there's something in your game settings, maybe it's something else, who knows, but not everyone is having as bad performance as yours, definitely. Especially since you say time multiplier makes every track unplayable.

Doesn't matter how good or bad ACC runs. R3E's engine won't be changed any time soon, if at all. Lower your setting and see if it runs better.

19. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    What i wrote to that thema - you found my postings now read it !
    I'm starting to get the feeling that we're going around in circles. everything there is to say on the technical side of things has been said. you can't ask for more details than that.
    It's always up to the user.Ridiculous and sad.Because you know exactly what's going on.

Ok my PC is damaged,windows installation faulty,wrong hardware,my fault.I give up with Raceroom discussions.It leads nowhere.A pity for the money invested.After 6 years support no money from me anymore.

20. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, no, I'm not going to waste my time reading through all your comments, there's too much irrelevant stuff there.

Running all setting on high doesn't help, that's for sure.

Also, this: