Released BMW M4 GT3 - now available!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, May 24, 2023.

1. KW Studios

KW Studios Official Information Developer

Ratings:
    +1,503 / 0 / -0
    Today, the BMW M4 GT3 joins RaceRoom’s ever-expanding roster of GT3 machinery. Based on the latest G82 body shape it’s as fast as it is aggressive looking, but then also features the latest driver-friendly suspension technology to make it even more of an ultimate driver’s machine.

Get the car on the game.raceroom.com/store
    Some seemingly counter-intuitive design decisions have led to some seemingly counter-intuitive outcomes. The M4 has a rearward weight distribution (about 48/52) despite being front engined, and features high levels of anti-dive and anti-squat in its suspension geometry. The configuration means that the nose actually slightly rises as you brake and the rear end doesn’t squat when accelerating. This can take a bit of getting used to, as the car won’t seem to pitch ‘normally’, but it provides a phenomenally stable platform for drivers of every level.

[​IMG]

The M4 is extremely aero efficient, giving it a great top speed despite having a relatively lower power output in comparison to its rivals. While it’s still completely in the ballpark of balanced GT3 allowances, with ‘up to 590hp’ coming from its twin-turbo inline-six, the optimised power output level combined with the suspension set-up helps deliver fantastic traction in acceleration zones, while still achieving a high terminal velocity that will match any other current GT3.

[​IMG]

These approaches are setting a template for how it’s expected the next generation GT3s are going to be: more efficient and easier to drive, while no less fast overall. And don’t think it’s going to take less skill to drive this thing: just check out the footage from last weekend’s Nürburgring 24 Hours to see just how hard M4s can be pushed. Or what they can deliver, viz a second place overall at the Green Hell, just 27 seconds off the winning Ferrari after another gruelling twice-round-the-clock marathon.

[​IMG]

BMW’s successor for its M6 GT3 is more aggressive looking, with sharp body lines connecting super-wide fenders, and a plethora of grills and louvers to channel air either to where it should be or away from where it shouldn’t. The rear-wing is suspended on de rigueur swan-neck mounts, and the rear features a predictably huge diffuser. Unusually, the exhaust is actually just ahead of the righthand side front-wheel, exiting in the fender upright.

[​IMG]

The BMW is going to star in our online races, and will further strengthen our current-get GT3 grid. You won’t have long to wait until the next new GT3 is coming, in the shape of the 992 911 GT3R – and more are also in the pipeline!

[​IMG]

Along with this content drop, everyone will be able to benefit from the latest game build update, which features some evolutionary changes to our GT3 physics. This will bring them bang up to date and ensure our GT3 cars are well balanced and extremely fun (but accurate) to drive. There’s also a change to our already well-respected force feedback system, with per-car tuning in the background that will replace the current Linearity setting through steering geometry and power steering adjustments. It makes all the cars feel more grounded and solid to drive, particularly at low speed. The changes will help to get the most out of any type of wheel; however, you may find that some weaker wheels need a slightly higher ‘Minimum Force’ setting with the removal of the Linearity setting. All the beta testing feedback has been really positive, and we can’t wait for you to get your hands on these updates.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  2. Hendrick

Hendrick Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    Lovely sounds from the trailer. Just wish a lot of the popular liveries had the endurance lights.

3. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Why are the two ADAC GT Masters 2022 liveries missing in the store?

4. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Looking forward to the car and especially the FFB updates. Hopefully I can make the cars slide a little bit more in Raceroom. Last night I was beating on an M6 GT3, and I was trying my best to get the car to rotate into the turns more, but I never got it down pat. Playing with the traction control helped with getting the car to throttle steer, but pitching it into a turn never seemed to happen. I was much quicker by the end of my time abusing the M6, so maybe I was on the right path? Probablt not. I only got into the 130's on Imola's GTR3 leaderboard.

I don't know how or if linearity will help in what I wad trying to do, but having better feel in low speed corners will help a lot on tracks like Oshersleben, Monza, Hungaroring, Macau ect... Perhaps the added feel will instill more confidence when trying to slip into a turn?

5. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Very interesting!

6. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    ADAC GT Masters 2022 pack coming?

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  7. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    Any more specific Infos, what has changed with the GT3 classes? For example the BoP, were the old GTM13-15 and pre 2013 GTR3's also touched?

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Not sure, they haven't prepared a class for it yet.

9. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    I saw the following release notes...
    [...] GT3 car classes have received physics updates [...] - it's fantastic, but what does it mean (exactly)? How do we benefit from this? @Alex Hodgkinson

10. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    The preview said this:

There will be an evolution to our GT3 physics, paying close attention to balance of performance, power to weight ratios, downforce/drag and other general performance indicators.

• Like Like x 1
  11. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    The change log also said [...] Introducing dynamic linearity. Does it mean we should use "peak" or "linear" for Force Feedback Scaling in Fanalab?
    It seems with this latest update, I don't feel much of the kerbs anymore...

upload_2023-5-30_19-2-25.png

12. Wilko Jones

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    I use peak, but I am also on the CSL-DD. For kerbs I turn the Raceroom multiplier up.

13. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +563 / 0 / -0
    Our change isn't really related to the Fanatec linearity. I'd personally always recommend using the linear setting there, as peak sacrifices accuracy for a rather arbitrary increase in torque in FFB peaks. Which doesn't add much information and only serves to break your wrists quicker on strong DD wheels :p

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Wilko Jones

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    I'll give it a try. I have tried automatic settings with Raceroom and liked the results. Trying it can't hurt. My thinking was that running FFB on a weaker direct drive wheelbase, I would want this base to push as hard as it can. But if peak is sacrificing performance, then maybe it would be better to go with linear.

15. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    On that topic MOZA introduced few weeks ago FFB CURVE tuner in the pithouse software and it has proven helpful for me in so.e Sims with cars i didnt lack the FFB of
    Not tried yet in RRE as didnt feel the need but there are so many cars in the premium Pack I bought back in 2018 and i dont think i have driven them all ah ah

16. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Given that there's no latest update thread which had wheel profile updates, and this is the closest to, I'll remind of this small bug report: link
    The gamefolder's raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\ControlSet\Thrustmaster T818.rcs profile has ReadOnly="0" instead of 1. So, it'll show ingame as a non-present device for users without such wheel and remain directly editable (instead of a copy under user \documents for users of that wheel).

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2023