Question Which car/track should i buy for multiplayer?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by FalkeGT, Mar 25, 2016.

1. FalkeGT

FalkeGT New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

I've got the free part of Raceroom installed and want to buy some more cars and tracks.
    As I would like to have some competitive online racing, I'd like to know which cars/tracks are popular in order to find some good races.

What would you suggest to buy? My thirst thought was to get some GT3s as it seems to be a nice crowded class in terms of car models - but there is no package, so I would need to buy single cars & tracks(?). Would that be a good move or is it better to get a DTM/ADAC/WTCC pack?

Where's the party? :)

thx in advance, falkeGT

(ups this should have landed in the general discussion thread)

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    If you're into GT style racing you might have a look at this special offer: https://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_de/adac-gt-masters-experience-2014-dlc-downloadable-content.html
    There you get ADAC GT Masters 2014, which contains 6 cars and 8 tracks for 10 €s, that's probably the best offer at the moment.
    If you want to use cars from the GTR3 class (ADAC GTM is a separate class), you can get the cars in GTR3 which are the same model as in GTM (the Mercedes SLS f.e.) at a greatly reduced price, cause you will basically only have to pay for the additional livery because you already own the car model.

Other than those in GTM, I'd say Bathurst and Zolder as additional tracks and you have a solid base for mp GT3 racing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Yepp - thats a good point from Christian. If you want some GT-Racing and don't own any other Content so far I would suggest the ADAC14-Pack, too.
    The incl. Tracks are great and often used for MP-Races --> Zandvoort, Nürburgring, Redbull Ring are probably the most used tracks despite the free Tracks

After that you can buy the missing GT3-Cars (Nissan, Ford GT, Ruf and Alpina) if you want, and at least one Livery from the other cars, so that they are Available if you play GTR3-Class-Races instead of ADAC GT-Masters.

In Addition I would suggest the following Tracks:
    Zolder,
    Bathurst,
    Monza,
    and definitely Spa

For Competitive Racing, the DTM92-Pack is very interesting, too.
    I would say that WTCC would be a good choice too, but you should wait a few days with that as the 2015-Edition is close to release.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Insaneozzy

Insaneozzy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    This Easter weekend is the ideal time to purchase cars & tracks as there's 50% of all content, not including packs.
    So I would follow the 2 suggestions above and you can't go wrong.

Cheers

5. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, ADAC GTM 2014 pack from raceroomstore is no-brainer as a starting pack. Even if you are not interested in GT3s, it's still worth to buy just for the tracks.

6. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Agree, just one additional note as I'm not sure if the OP is aware of it: You don't have to own cars to race against them. You only need to buy one GTR3 car and you'll be able to race against all the other cars in the class even without owning them.

7. FalkeGT

FalkeGT New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hey,

thx for your suggestions so far, the special offer looks good! Was just about to buy it. Bad thing, there's no such offer in the raceroom shop within the game (where I can use my steam account for payment), the ADAC GT Masters Experience 2014 costs 22.50eur over there. I already got some prepaid money on steam and don't want to open another account on the raceroom website.

But there's the eastern advertisement which offers all cars/tracks @50%, hard to choose ;)

8. FalkeGT

FalkeGT New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I would have thought so. The confusing point 2 me is, which car to buy if there are for example 3 BMW Z4 GT3 in order to get the one which is used most in online races. Theres a 2014, a 2015 and one named just GT3...

9. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    The most commonly used class in MP is GTR3 I think.
    The other two Z4's are the same model but from GTM Experience 2013 and 2014.

10. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    And not to forget: If you buy the Z4 in GTR3 you just need to buy a Livery for the Z4 in ADAC GT-Masters 2013/2014 (2015 is on the way but not released) if you want to drive it there, as you already have purchased the model of the Car.

But as Christian suggest, i would start with GTR3, which is mostly used, followed by ADAC GT-Masters 2014.

11. FalkeGT

FalkeGT New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hey!

all fine here! Just had my first Race with the MCLaren MC12 GT3 on Spa and it was great fun!
    25% crashed @LaSource - 25% more after EauRouge but then it was great :)
    No podium but some good fights and P6 in the end. Having started from behind that was a good start into Raceroom.

And thanks for all the suggestions this is good. Very good chance my track & car pool will grow even more this weekend.
    Will tweak forcefeedback a little now and then you can find me on track!

Hope to you race you soon, falkeGT

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1