Resolved Connection Lost

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Bodaz0815, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Bodaz0815

Bodaz0815 Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0

Last Update:
    SOLVED. The last patch fixed it. I finally finished my first race on NS.

Hey Guys,

I am in contact to S3S support since the release of the Nordschleife. I always get DC's with that track no matter what car class i use. Every other track works fine. Is anyone experiencing the same issue? In 3 months i got no solution, can anyone out there help me?

What i've done:

-reinstalled Win10 and R3E
    -set R3E Rules in my windows firewall
    -disabled Antivir
    -changed my router from my provider!!! (O2)
    -disabled any tool I use (crewchief / webdashboard)
    -ran R3E with -disableReplay

Logfiles are sticked to the post!

Specs (if they matter):

Intel i7 3770
    GTX780ti
    16GB RAM
    1GBIT Lan (no wifi!)
    50mbit down / 10mbit up connection (no ping spikes or errors, tested with ping and tracert)
    Logitech G27
    Logitech G910
    Logitech G633
    Razer DeathAdder 3.5G

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  2. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Can you detail how this happens for you?

From a quick glance at the log file it looks like you drive on a server and get disconnected when the race session begins?

3. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    So you have already spoken to the help desk? Did you get any responses and provide your logs to them?

Was the help desk able to see anything wrong in the logs?

I really have no idea why this 1 track would be giving you an issue. I have heard before that Nords uses a lot of memory and sometimes your system can run out. You could try lowering the "track level of detail" in the graphics options menu and see if that does anything.

Hmm. Have you ever been able to get into a session on Nords? Does it disconnect before it ever loads onto the track, or does it disconnect when you are on the server?

If you could describe exactly what you do before it disconnects, that may be helpful.

Edit: J-F was a bit quicker ;)

4. Bodaz0815

Bodaz0815 Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Helly Guys,

yes i sent all previous logfiles to the support.

It is different, most of the times the connection gets lost when I complete a lap in a race, when I cross the finish line the camera switches to hood and all cars disappear, 5sec later i am in the server browser with the red connection lost bar.

Its very strange after a clean reinstall the error happens randomly. Not only while crossing the finish line.

Not only when i enter a race, sometimes its between the laps in a online race and sometimes it is even in the menu while saving a setup.

Yes I quote: "We've had a look at the logs and we can see that the error that is causing the disconnect is that the TCP connection is being reset."

That was the last useful information, but it told nothing to me... I don't know which connection etc.

If you need more information just ask, i will tell you everything! :)

5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    And it only ever happens on Nordschleife? Have you tried other tracks since then? ;)
    What ISP, connection (cable or regular DSL) and router do you use?

6. Bodaz0815

Bodaz0815 Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Yes I finished several other online races on hockenheimring and nürburgring, also norisring, spa, redbullring etc.

I have O2 DSL and the O2 HomeBox 2, I use it since October. Problems just on NS, since release.

EDIT: Just finished a 20/20 Race on the Nürburgring GP, i was 45min on the server and everything was was fine (8 people finished the race). -> Other tracks work as perfect as before, no trouble.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  7. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Which NAT type is being displayed in the routers settings? Strict can cause problems, but that wouldn't apply to one track only...

Nevertheless, if it's using type 2 try to set it to type 1.

Again, it's highly unlikely that there's anything going wrong with your connection if it only happens with that 1 track. Have you tried lowering the track texture detail level to reduce the memory load?

8. Bodaz0815

Bodaz0815 Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    I don't see any NAT type in my routers setting... But offline I can race the Nordschleife with 99 opponents without any problems it is stuttering a bit when I am behind the field but its by far not at my memory limits. I don't think its a memory problem. Support said this 1,5months ago: "We've had a look at the logs and we can see that the error that is causing the disconnect is that the TCP connection is being reset." But no solution offered.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  9. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Because they cannot know what's causing this reset. Sth is sending a RST request and the server responds accordingly and resets the connection. However this is not neccessarily a bad thing, TCP resets are nothing unusual. Are there any other devices connected in the same network while you're using RR, or other apps running that connect to the web?
    But again, if that track is the only track you encouter those issues with then this doesn't sound like a connection issue, otherwise it would have to happen with other tracks as well.

Well, lowering the details was just a suggestion that would only take a few minutes to test. Whether you want to give it a shot or not is up to you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Bodaz0815

Bodaz0815 Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    I gave it a shot and lowered everything except the resolution, same error. Game disconnects while crossing the first sector (Aremberg Bridge). Logs are attached.

I used crewchief and webdashboard before, but not until the problem happened. I have a lot of stuff in my Network, 3 iPads, 3 iPhones, 1 Apple TV and 1 MacBook Pro. My Computer is directly attached to the Router whilst the other devices are connected wireless to my Airport Extreme. ( I tested both, connecting to Airport Extreme with cable and router, nothing changed).

P.S.: I'll do everything you say, i just wanna race the Nordschleife online :)

Tomorrow ill disconnect the Airport Extreme (all wireless devices) from my network, lets see if this helps. I figured out it just looses connection on sector lines or finish line.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, there must be sth that causes this specifically when using Nordschleife....
    It could be sth that increases the expected packet size and causes the server to send a reset request....

Definitely try without those wlan devices connected.

I know it sounds unrelated and it is a long shot, but are you using vsync? If so, try without.

Also try disabling hw acceleration if you haven't already:
    Right Click on the game in the steam library.
    · Click "properties."
    · Click "SET LAUNCH OPTIONS..."
    · Enter "-cefNoGPU -cefNoBlacklist" without quotation marks in the text field.
    · Click Ok.

If you're familiar with nvidia inspector try capping the fps to 60 manually.

12. Bodaz0815

Bodaz0815 Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    I dont use Vsync and i have nvidia inspector installed but not configurated for R3E (yet), I have a 120hz monitor but my framerate often is near 150 on the NS. I will try different caps. Also I will try you startup arguments, can you explain what they'll do?

greetings and soo much thanks for your help!

13. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Those comand prompts disable hardware acceleration in the portal/main menu. On some systems the hw accel. can cause issues, which usually lead to the game not showing the menu correctly.
    It shouldn't affect your experience in any way, just disable hw accel.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Bodaz0815

Bodaz0815 Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    I will try one step after the other, on my list:

• TCPoptimizer (I figured out my Ethernet Adapter was not very well optimized)
    • -cefNoGPU -cefNoBlacklist
    • framecap 60
    • only connect my pc to network

tested everything right now - no effect / same DC

:weary::weary::weary::weary::weary::weary::weary::weary::weary:

P.S. Post #3: https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/connection-lost-issue.4839/

UPDATE: Did a new clean windows installation with nothing but updates, steam and r3e installed - same issue.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  15. Bodaz0815

Bodaz0815 Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    FINALLY: I got it to work correctly with my iPad tethering LTE. Ping was bad but at least it work, I can clearly say my router is the weak point. I plugged everything off unless the LAN cable, and I shared my MacBook Pro Internet (via router wifi) with apple usb adapter to my PC to check the cable, same error.

Now I need help with my Router. What do I do i have to set?

Can anyone check my Logs if it is the same error? (Got a DC at a point twice where I never got a DC before)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  16. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    But still on Nordschleife or on another track? Was it random or did sth notable happen prior to the dc?

17. Bodaz0815

Bodaz0815 Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Still only Nordschleife. It was on the straight before the first Karussell twice, I dont know if there is a sector cross too.

18. displeased

displeased New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi i had the same problem, i hate that, i never can complete a online race in nordschleife:(:( onli in this track and some times happens in spa. sometimes it crah in quali and others during the race the cars dissapear. in single player It works perfect, i use a medium graphics, repetition off, onboard rivals off, etc. sorry for my english im from argentina, maybe that's the problem because I usually have a high ping

19. Bodaz0815

Bodaz0815 Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Exactly my issue but its not ping depended, I tried it with a slow 3G connection (ping +100ms) and it worked fine.

20. TORRENTE

TORRENTE New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hello I from Spain and I have the same problem in Nordshcielfe i can't complete a lap or sometimes i can complete three laps and i get disconected from the server, i use crewchief and without crewchief the error continues

Before I get disconected the other cars disappear and the camera changes automatically. I low the detail of the track, the error continues I reinstall the game... the error continues... It could be a TCP/UDP problem?

Thanks !