Custom Championship tool (SP & MP races) (creates HTML reports)

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by pixeljetstream, Jan 29, 2015.

1. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    the database that maps "track length" to a name (on top of the lua file) is not complete. Hence not all tracks will have icons. If you get a number displayed and know which track it was, you can add that number to the table and ideally post it here as well. I don't keep the numbers up to date myself but most number-to-track mappings were provided by people here on the forum.

If you don't race against the same AI drivers, it will create a new result database/report. You can force it to use the same result database by command-line arguments (as suggested for MP).

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  2. pixeljetstream

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    looks like "ini" files to me.

3. pixeljetstream

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
  4. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure if I'm right with what I'm writing now.
    If i see a number in the results wich comes from raceresults.txt i can copy that number to the lua file from the program by the right circuit.
    When i run the program than again i should see an icon?
    At this moment i do it Just the other way.
    I copy the number from the lua file to the raceresults.txt

5. pixeljetstream

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Yes copy number into Lua file replacing the ??? And removing the -- in front of the line

And ideally post the numbers here, so I can update the file for everyone.

• Like Like x 1
  6. pixeljetstream

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    added a few more styling options in the config to allow denser tables for those doing a lot of races

7. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    I stil work with the version without the config file.
    Next year i wil start with the latest version because whe did alreadey 17 races.

Attached Files:

8. pixeljetstream

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    I don't think the database files would be affected (just make a backup of the .lua files in "results" or wherever you store them). You should be able to just use the latest version. The html generating code doesn't affect the actual database storing the results.

9. pixeljetstream

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Think I saw your issue
    Whenever you manually edit the results database, you must ensure that the "Laps" of all drivers are equal. It is not enough to just enter a fake "RaceTime" in the proper order.

The system will sort for achieved laps first, then time. Which is normally correct for real data, but breaks with fake data. The old code didn't do this hence you get different points now.

10. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Thanks a lot.
    I indead change something manually because everyone who has start the race get points, even if they quit.
    So i must improvise sometimes with this.
    I change al the laptimes, wich was an issue in the older version, to a same number and everything is correct now.
    Thanks for your time spending in it.

11. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Thanks...late to the party, will give this a go!

12. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Is there already more information about the circuits who are now marked as ????.????
    For example: Nordschleife, Macau.

13. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    In an race on the nordschleife (not de 24H or tourist) we did last the tracklength was "20785.5605"
    But when i fill this number in de LUA file thers stil no image on the results.

14. pixeljetstream

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    you did remove the -- in front? did it still print the number or a trackname?

15. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    I remove the -- and still see the numbers
    In the LUA file on your site the Nordschleife is even still ?????.????

16. pixeljetstream

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    what input did you use raceresults.txt or json/xml, cause the latter are known to have issues with icons, as unfortunately the game doesn't provide the unique trackid in those result files?
    If you used raceresults.txt, then the only bug could be in the assets file, I briefly looked and didn't seen an issue.
    Could it be some . and , mixup?

17. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    I used raceresults.txt and only the nordschleife is not okay.
    In your latest LUA file on your site is also Macau given an number wich i placed in the raceresults.txt because the results where also given an number (different as in your LUA file)

Attached Files:

18. pixeljetstream

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    I tried pasting 20785.5605 into nordschleife and it works for me, icon shows up fine (updated the file on github, too).
    You can try throwing a few prints in addHeaderTracks function and debug why the icon path is not triggered.

if the numbers changed a bit like you saw with Macau, best is you just create a second entry for Macau using the new number and paste the new number here.

in raceresults.txt also ensure there is no space after the racelength number

you can also send me your lua database file and I can have a look

19. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    I've copied the part of the Nordschleife and when i start the program i've got the message that the nordschleife could'nt found.
    After i replaced the numbers again for --["?????.?????"] the program started again but see numbers instead of an pictogram.
    I don'nt now accectly what you mean with "You can try throwing a few prints in addHeaderTracks function and debug why the icon path is not triggered."

I worked with an older version of your program included the LUA shown below because our championship is already with race 20 and i'm to scared to lose info when i used an newer version.
    This of the fact that i know to little from computers.

The LUA file is included as an text file

Attached Files:

20. pixeljetstream

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    sorry but I am not gonna debug some custom/old version that you are using. You can always just make a full copy of the directory (including your existing databases) if you are afraid of upgrading. That way you have both versions around to play with and neither would mess up the files of the other. I don't recall doing backwards compatibility breaking changes in the database files, so they should just work.
    The pictures are encoded in the assets.txt file, most likely that triggered the error, if you have some files from a new version and some from an older.

• Like Like x 1