Track Updates?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Olaf Hülse, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys, I thought of opening this Thread a while ago, so here you go.
    As R3E is an online game which is updating itself and bringing new content every now and then since 2013, the tracks in the game do change a bit.
    Some years ago, R3E updated the curbs at Oschersleben from black-red to white-red as now used in reality.
    But there are some changes at tracks of R3E I want to point out (maybe you find time in some years to update it - if you are allowed to :confused:)
    Hockenheimring: The colours of the Motodrom seats changed at some places and there is going to be a Porsche center at Innentribüne A. That means that this part of grandstand doesn't exist anymore since 3/4 of a year.
    Laguna Seca: It's now called WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca instead of Mazda Laguna Seca. Alongside, there aren't any Mazda Logos around there anymore.
    Paul Ricard: At Virage de Bendor is a inside bypass. There is a new pit entry, some marked runoff-routes and a lot more grandstands.
    Slovakiaring: They changed the design of the concrete runoff
    Nordschleife: Almost impossible to keep up with the changes for such a small studio, but I'll outline some of them. The red and white barrier at Hatzenbach is now closer to the road. There has been major resurfacing going on and they slightly removed a hill towards Schwedenkreuz.
    Indianapolis: The curbs have a different colour scheme and some new infield routes have been added.

Upcoming changes will likely to be at Salzburgring, as they try to get Grade 2 licences for DTM to race there.
    I am aware that keeping up with every change is impossible for you if you want to drop awesome new content;), but it would be nice to add some of it in the next couple of years. Keeping the tracks up to date might mean it can attract new simracers for some more years.
    If you guys have more changes on tracks, feel free to leave them below here :)

2. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    One of the most obvious changes is the Caroussel in Sonoma: there is no hill anymore in the run-off area, it is completely flat (I hope I am right, but I saw it on Blancpain recently I think).

• Like Like x 1
  3. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Disagree. For me there is no need to keep the tracks up to date. Why? The track is in this condition he was on the day he was released. Keep it. Think about, lets say they have the idea to ban Eau Rouge of the SPA layout in 2022 and build a bridge from La Source to Kemmel straight, do you really want S3 to update the track to this condition? If a track changed in the layout, length or somewhat other dramatic, bring it as a new track, but keep the old one.

What i really would like to see is more historic layouts of the tracks allready available. S3 released the FR90, Group5 cars and so on, please, where is Spa with the Busstop chicane, where is the old Hockenheimring, Imola with the original Tamburello, Nürburgring with Castrol-S? Please more historic content.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, Historic Hockenheim would be a blast, the old FRX-90 and the DTM 92' would feel at home :)
    I would agree with you on your point of view in other racing sims/games like Project Cars. But I feel like R3E is different to me. It was released in 2013 and keeps getting updates. If Sector3 want to continue this awesome sim they should make small updates to the tracks as well. Imagine an F1 game first released in the 90's and continued to developed since today: Wouldn't it make sense to implement the new Hockenheimring as well (even if it's not that liked by some fans)?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. SylverFyre

SylverFyre Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    Very much this! I'd love the historic versions of current tracks. Older layouts of Silverstone, hockenheim, Imola, spa, Monza etc etc.
    I think this would probably require a bit less effort than building completely new tracks - but I still want Interlagos etc :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1