Vr issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Juttie, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Juttie

Juttie New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I was playing the game fine few nights ago all ok tried tonite and I either just get a black screen and my vr center does not work or if I play around with room scale in steam vr and can manage to get some display in vr but still the vr center will not work??.
    The game use to.load fine and I would press center vr on menu screen and that would be it all ok anyone.else experience similar issues and if so how do I fix it?

2. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
  3. Sebastien Brunier

Sebastien Brunier Active Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    With my CV1 it happened to me a few times.
    Sometimes it was a USB/HDMI contact issue either on the proprietary headset side connector or computer side (not often tbh) other times it was the GPU OC slightly too high leading to a soft crash (can still hear the sound, but you're set in the dark...)
    For first case scenario, just check the cable and if it is firmly set into the computer and the HMD.
    For the latter, lower your OC by a bunch of Mhz. A stable OC in many games doesn't mean it will be stable in all games.

4. Juttie

Juttie New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    It's fine on all other vr games and I have never run a overclock so ain't gonna be that

5. Juttie

Juttie New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Strangely took steam vr out of beta and it all worked again.

6. SylverFyre

SylverFyre Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    SteamVR appears to be the culprit in a fair few problem cases. It's good that it allows easier VR deployment, but seems to come with performance and reliability drawbacks