I own nearly everything, 807 hours since 2013, but I'm done.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kondor999, May 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Topshelf147

Topshelf147 Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    It's not a high horse. It's a horse of reality. You are aware that every potential DD buyer is aware that RaceRoom ffb doesn't work well? It's discussed everywhere. But ignored here. Also, I would love to see one or two non sector3 articles or videos showing RaceRoom ffb come out on top against the known best in class sims. Again, if it works for you, that's great. But never once has anyone from Sector3 acknowledged or even tried to get to the bottom of the issue that a lot of us have because "it's great". Easy to be dismissive like you are when it's fine for you.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. OldFart

OldFart Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Force feed back is one of those subjects where opinions are subjective, most have a little to say on the matter, but polar opposite will exist, and in most cases neither ends of the spectrum are wrong, I am split on this one myself, Pre December update I was very happy wth, the FFB feel, since then the GT3 for me have been sub par, I spent many long hours trying to get that feel back, for me the difference was not lack of road feel or kerbs ect it was the slack feel around the centre, just like play in the rack or joints, once under load though a bend or kerb it was a definite improvement, In the end I moved to ACC for the GT3 class, not because it was the best, it was a compromise, I lost that slack feeling and overall was more consistent, but without the smaller details, now it would be very easy to come on this forum a knock the FFB, but worded differently do the same on theirs, the truth is non of it is real, that being the case neither is wrong

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    This is absolutely not true. 100s of hours have been and continue to be invested in that area.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Dude, 1 minute search on reddit
    https://www.reddit.com/r/simracing/comments/a8vypw/cant_pick_between_games_assetto_corsa_f1_2018/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/simracing/comments/c43m77/interested_in_raceroom/
    There tons of opionions like these on reddit. And they are tons of opinions of people that don't like R3E FFB. And replace R3E with any other sim name, ACC being the most recent, and you get the exact same opinions. On one hand you have people that really loved ACC FFB from day 1 (like RandomCallsign), and you have people that just don't get it, and are not so impressed (Gamermuscle).

Oh, and I'm a potential DD buyer, and I don't not known, Despite being present in multiple forums daily ;)

and maybe to quote opinion after the last, controversial, FFB update

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. OldFart

OldFart Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Alex and other members of the sector 3 team most definitely do watch and interact on this forum and should be commended for that, most software/game forums this most definitely dose not happen, For example the update on the group 5 a lot of negative comments, mine included, Alex's reply was extremely well put, few could fault what he was trying to achieve, when trying the updated cars I could see the effect he was aiming for, I still preferred the inferior version, a option to use old or new would be wonderful,

Last edited: May 29, 2020
  6. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    strange., I have a Simucube 1 and actually love the new FFB

7. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Just watch this video from Billy Strange, who is an experienced race car driver himself. Be sure to watch the whole video and listen carefully to what he said about the ffb after the December update.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Flintenwilly

Flintenwilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    Isnt Jimmy broadent not also a DD user? Never heard I'm saying that that the ffb is bad at all...
    And from ComplainerMuscle you would hear it every 5 minutes. (Watch his iracingstream f.e.)

And for me (CSW 2.0) R3E has the most natural, immersive feeling on the wheel, not the most sharp, but I know every second what the car is doing (for me road is secondary on the wheel, one reason why dampers where once invented)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Topshelf147

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Look, I also own all of the content and still race the game. There's plenty of content that I enjoy, especially the updated DTM'92. So I'm not anti-Raceroom. But until someone explains to me how to fix the ffb so that I have even the slightest bit of tire feel, I'm standing by my statements. Two simucube owners state great ffb, but still no settings shared or advice on how to configure the game for tire feel. I have to assume that tire grip is baked into the core of the ffb, and that tweaking settings will should make it suit your personal preferences. So if nothing I do adds any at all, how am I supposed to feel about it? Yes, I've come in guns blazing and throwing my opinions out, but still, not one single person has told me how to fix, or even improve the ffb. Not one. And imo that's because there's something wrong with it. I've deleted my profile. I've uninstalled the entire game. I've spent too many hours searching for anything that would let me know if there's any grip or if the tires are letting go. But nothing, and the answer is always the same...It's fine for me. Yet I can fire up AC, ACC, rF2, AMS2 and without changing a single setting feel what's happening at the tires. So I'll just continue to share my feelings until it's corrected. And I'll be very happy to change my tune if it is.

• Like Like x 5
  10. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Settings were shared, you just have to use the forum search function: https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/raceroom-and-simucube.14098/#post-192234
    These are my SC1 settings from December. Didn't change it since.

But it's not really hard to just go and try different settings yourself. I successfully managed it too. :p

11. Flintenwilly

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    What's your setting in steering rack?
    What's your setting in lateral/vertical force?
    Strength/force of ffb?
    Instead of writing wall of textes give us some input about YOUR settings, even when it is default, nobody has default numbers in memory.

12. Topshelf147

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Like I mentioned earlier. I spent over 15 hours one week dedicated solely to RaceRoom ffb tuning. That's when I gave up.

I'll test them out. Thanks

13. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    FFB is a very individual thing, so chances are high that you still don't like it.

14. Topshelf147

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    If those settings don't solve the issue of no tire feel, then yes I won't like it.

If they allow me to have even the slightest bit of knowledge of what my grip levels are, I'll happily come back and post that all of my comments were based on my error.

Trust me, I'd much rather have great ffb and praise the game than be on this side of it.

15. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    what exactly do you mean with tire feel? Do you mean tire load, road noise or tire slip?

16. Topshelf147

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Road noise like bumps and textures I don't care about at all, but it's all I get, and that's really suspension. What I would like is the feel of grip entering and mid corner. I have no clue how close or far over the maximum levels I am. Same with understeer. I can't tell at any point that the tires are slipping or overloaded. Other than visual lack of turning.

17. Flintenwilly

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    That is really weird, bc road noise is really muted by default (felt so with old G25 and now with CSW) compared to other sims.
    A screenshot of your settings would still be really nice...

18. muzikant

muzikant Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    finaly afetr a lot of twekas , no it feels no good on my DD 1..........
    if I can compare it with RF2 and ACC , AMS2 ffb of RRE is oke but no feel in my tires....@NO ROAD FEEL! why dont repair this. love this game but it feels broken

19. Topshelf147

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    I'll grab them when i can access the pc today. But I've gone through so many changes I think I just settled on trying to create balance with the vertical/horizontal settings, max ffb and tuned wheel ffb (or whatever it is) to minimize any clipping watching the graph.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.