I own nearly everything, 807 hours since 2013, but I'm done.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kondor999, May 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    @Topshelf147
    what is your setting ?
    simucube 1 ?
    biss-c ?

2. Topshelf147

Topshelf147 Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Simplicity SW12C

I'll have to grab a screenshot of that. It's quite different from your software, but I've adjusted the mode from 0-9. That varies the clarity of ffb at the expense of noise. As well as increasing detail which can add "canned" effects more or less. Increasing that only adds insane amounts of road feel. Never tire.

3. Hervé45

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    with mmos ?

4. Hervé45

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    do you have this
    FFB steer vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
    FFB throttle vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down
    FFB rumble strip wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.

Or that

FFB steer vibe wave type="3" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
    FFB throttle vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down
    FFB rumble strip wave type="3" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.

5. Topshelf147

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Unless something has changed, I'm set to Sine. When the initial update came out we lost all ffb on our wheels. There was a week of testing, so I recall it being set to Sine.

6. Topshelf147

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Let me ask you guys who like the ffb a question as there's now a debate going on in my league. We have one driver who loves it, and about 7 upset atm. I mentioned how I have to drive by visual cues only, and the single guy who loves it said he thinks he determines his turn in points visually as well. Not by any feedback. Are the people that like the ffb all driving that way? Or are you getting detailed tire info via the wheel that lets you know if you have/lose grip at the front?

• Like Like x 1
  7. OldFart

OldFart Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    It is a combination of everything, turn the sound off, can you drive it on feel alone, or the opposite sound and just a wheel with resistance, Then braking that down into the type of feeling or the pitch/volume of sound for me at least is very difficult to quantify, It would interesting to see if the Devs could come up with a questionnaire that would help them and us understand both sides, especially as this thread has now moved on to a discussion rather than just I am right you are wrong culture that this subject normally turns too,

• Like Like x 1
  8. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    It's funny, because I've tried the same combination, and for me the experience is totally different. I've disabled all effects in AC and still every little bump is trying to turn my wheel. Why? It is vertical motion of the suspension, it should have very little effect on the wheel. How I'm suposed to corner properly, when I have to either grip the wheel hard, or counter every little movement caused by a bump?

Sure, I can lower the gain, but then I just don't feel anything from real things, like pneumatic trail (I don't even know if AC simulates that).

Different people, different flavours... and now try to be a developer that pleases all :)

Edit: That said, I cannot say I'm 100% happy with the GT4 in R3E...for a GT4 car it seems to be too tail happy off throttle.

Last edited: May 29, 2020
  9. carlos de hoz

carlos de hoz Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Personally. Something is wrong. With the ffb. It does not transmit anything. And even so I see that it is the best ffb., According to users. Every day that passes after the change of ffb., This is more lost. I went to all the other simulators and I don't see any problem, each one has their personality, but they all transmit to me that I am driving. Here I have lost it after 4 years. I am wasting hours adjusting there and here getting, more or less. But always with that feeling of nothing. Without emotion. Without details, simply. Some isolated blow, and resistance in the curves, without more. Unfortunately I already left the game aside, I have little time to enjoy playing if I prefer, to spend it in other sims, where I can run, without thinking about playing there and here to feel that I am driving a race car, I just hope to enter from here a while and see that we can all continue enjoying, my great beloved raceroom

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Virtual Apex

Virtual Apex Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    A simulator should strive to be as realistic as possible, its the reason I have a $1500 Direct Drive wheel and a $1000 VR HMD, I want to get as close too the feeling of racing a real car as I did in my earlier years. To say it's an attitude adjustment just shows that something is really off. Each sim should have its own feel, but modeling how a tire responds to bumps and weight transfer in a simulator should be across the board. I think what's hurting RR is the focus is mostly on content, I have been waiting for Daytona to come to a proper simulator for years and now that it's on RR I am not inclined to buy it. Not here to down RR as I would love to make it my main sim again, the only content I don't own is Daytona and the new Porsche, which that is another dislike, why focus on adding so many different Porsche models and nit game improvements, but that's for another discussion. The response from Sector3 I would love to see is a request for, mine or anyone reporting this, their hardware and software data to see where the problem is.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I obviously can't experience what you feel (or don't) through your wheel. But I can tell you 100% and without bias that I can feel what the front of the car is doing, if I turn in too hard or am too fast for a corner I get understeer which is felt as the wheel going light. The abruptness that the wheel goes light is adjusted with the understeer setting, higher gives a stronger effect (the wheel goes very light). I like a more subtle effect here and have it set at 18% if I recall correctly. This is on a t300 wheel.

12. Topshelf147

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Ravey. If you have the ffb meter up, do you see a drop-off in the ffb signal?

Reason I ask is because we've had a good 10 hour discussion now, and the guy in our league who is happy with the ffb just did some testing. Here's what he had said...

-btw can confirm, I feel nothing while understeering in a GT3. even the ffb graph shows there no change at all in force between peak grip and understeering.
    -so guess it's all visual for me.
    -Just a steady centering force with slight bumps from the road texture if they're present

What we're finding, is that unhappy people want to feel the tires and loss of grip. The happy guy just wants to know where the car is and drives by visual cues.

Wondering if this could explain the vast difference in opinions.

• Like Like x 3
  13. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    I can confirm that, if slip angle exceeds a certain amount. Slight understeer is modeled with some scrubbing quite well.

14. Topshelf147

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Well, I'd love to know if there's a way we can prove this using the ffb meter. I now have 8 people in my league who feel no understeer at all, even the guy who is happy with RaceRoom ffb has admitted it. Yet I'm being told it's modeled and being felt. C'mon guys, it's time to prove it's there somehow. I've gone from feeling crazy, to having every user I've talked confirm there's no feeling. What's going on??

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Hi. Ok I've just done a load of test, incrementally changing things. Understeer on my wheel starts to be felt (and is seen in the ffb meter) at around 40% on the understeer setting, by the time it gets to 50% it's too much for me....so the ideal setting for me is in there somewhere.

I tested in the AMG GT3 at imola. The long left hand bend before you go down the hill to aqua minerale. If you get the car on the edge of grip and then add more steering lock the wheel becomes light, the ffb meter drops and the tyre scrub noise is triggered.

16. Topshelf147

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Any chance you can upload a video? I'd love to be able to see what you're seeing. Maybe it can help us out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    My PC isn't good enough to record....it's always comes out choppy so not much use. If you set your understeer to 50 the feeling is pretty obvious.

For reference, my t300 settings are

FFB intensity 100
    Smoothing 0
    Centre spring 0
    Damper 25

Steer force intensity 120
    Min force 2
    Understeer 40
    Vertical 55
    Lateral 50
    Rack 30

Slip effect 0
    Engine vibe 0
    Kerb 40
    Shift 60
    Collision 200

All settings in TM control panel default. 75, 100,100,100

18. Topshelf147

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Hmmm. Anyone with proper working ffb able to record a 30 second clip?

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  19. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Ravey1981, take a video off your phone, it should be clear enough for what we're looking for. Include ffb meter.
    Thanks
    Also how many beta testers use dd as I'd love to see them chime in with there settings.

20. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    what can I use to clip an mp4? full video wont upload

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.