Setup sharing

Discussion in 'Car Information (Under Construction)' started by Catch ABee, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Catch ABee

Catch ABee New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Has it moved to a different place or is there no sharing going on?

2. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    Not much sharing going on here...
    Setups are very driver specific. Trackwise is only a bit of aero and grip along with the gearing ratio. Not a big deal to setup by yourself. All the other parts of setup construction have something to do with your handling of the cars: Do you like it under-/oversteery, do you like it sharp on corner entry or sharp and fast on exit? Bumpers, ARB and Springs are also similar: Do you want a car that is stable as a rock or do you like a bit of movement?
    If you are interested in some setups, take a look at some of them and try and race with them. You really can feel how the other one is driving it and not you.
    :D
    Greetings

3. Catch ABee

Catch ABee New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Are you saying not much sharing going on here on this forum, or not much sharing in the RRR game players themselves?

I was just checking if RRR has a setup sharing thread. Like you can always try an setup that under steers slightly and make a fine tune, rather than starting from ground zero.

I am not really very good at setup and would rather drive (a slightly fine tune) a setup if its already available.

4. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +562 / 0 / -0
    I started a setup tuning thread a while ago when I was still a betatester, now I'm actually helping developing the cars and making sure the default setups are as good as they can be. We aim for all new or updated cars to be perfectly driveable and competitive right out of the box :D ofcourse there will always be track/driver specific tweaks you can still do to get the last few tenths but it should not be a necessity anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Catch ABee

Catch ABee New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thats nice to hear Thomas... gives me some confidence towards buying the pack. :) So do the cars' default setup vary by track?

6. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +562 / 0 / -0
    Gear ratios when available are adapted to the track, the rest of the setup is made to work on the most difficult tracks such as Nords, so it may be a bit on the forgiving side for smooth F1 tracks, which is where you could potentially gain a bit with some tweaks to get a more aggressive balance. In general our aim is for the setups to be as such that anyone can get the car to their liking with the most basic tweaks such as a small ARB or downforce tweak :) WTCR 2019 is the first pack where the default setup is really quite good, though even on those there was still some room for improvement on the dampers, which we fully figured out now for future cars!

7. Daniel Streck

Daniel Streck New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello

Guys, could someone help to give me a basic setup for a 2019 Hyundai (wtcrr) for sepang?
    I dont know how to do it, and i know, i could be a bit faster.

Thanks!

8. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    At which parts of the track you think you're losing time? And how much time you think you should gain? Or better put: what is the car doing using the default setup, that you don't like? Like said before, what I consider a perfect setup, might be not fitting you and vice versa. So describing where exactly you have difficulties would ease helping you.

Oli

9. Daniel Streck

Daniel Streck New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hello

I am trying to find some plus speed on Sepang, with a 2019 Hyundai i30n.

Now i am around top 40 on the leaderboard, with a totaly default setup. I would like to try some setups for that track. Thats all!

Thanks Oli!

STREKY