Bug AI issues at high car count

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Cheeseman, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    I am aware that the latest patch attempted to fix the issue with high car count on Spa. However, the issue still exists. Refer to screenshots below.

20210321164903_1.jpg

20210321161718_1.jpg

20210321161732_1.jpg

Also, Nords also having the same issues with the full layout with 100 cars.

20210321162617_1.jpg

I never have this issue prior to the WTCR 2020 patch. Not sure what caused it but dropping the car count to 80 on Nords fixes the issues. Spa still needs 70 cars though to be playable.

The car classes I uses are: DTM2020, GT3, GT2, WTCR, WTCC, M2 cup, TT VLN.

Really hope this will be fixed in coming months. Thank you for supporting the AI for single player.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. olli green

olli green Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    This issue is still there also with the new update from today... :( (tested on nordschleife, 99AI, rolling start)
    Any news on this? :/

3. Cheeseman

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Guess esports more important now...

They still haven't fix it, the best way to go now is with lesser cars. Not much you can do until they can fix it.

4. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Maybe your CPU is too weak?

5. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    Not cpu related

Weve tweaked and tested this lots , there i believe is a solution , but involves lots of scripting

Andi

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    I just thought, if you think it over logically :D (which is not my strong point) - why should the AI control for cars 1-20 differ from AI control for cars 80 - 99 except that the CPU canĀ“t calculate it anymore?

7. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    I may beway off the mark here , but they al follow the same line , just with 99 cars heading into a corner etc , if one gets its wrong then all chaos breaks lose , this is the same with 20 cars , just there is more wiggle room ,

Now the 20 cars thing , this doesnt mean the rest are stupid
    And its not 1-20 , its the 20 ai closes to the player (unless again im wrong) that use the most resources,

Andi

8. Cheeseman

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Definitely no. Had no issues running full AI grids until one of the patches earlier this year that broke it.

Large grid AI always have some bugs here and there due to fewer CPU resources allocated for it but it never ends up with a pile of cars roadblock. It is broken now where it is no longer playable with more than 65 cars.

9. Cheeseman

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Will there be a fix to this issue? The AI is still not working at high car counts (>65). The AI does work slightly better in standing starts. Honestly, I love really large races in R3E. This bug has dampened my enthusiasm with this game since it appeared months ago.

Alternatively, can there be a ghosting feature added for a single player for a large grid? Or reduce the grid size for some tracks like Spa due to the hairpin corner at the starting line?