Is Raceroom more demanding than AC?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dong Woo Kang, Jan 22, 2021.

1. GrimeyDog

GrimeyDog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Aaaah Haaaa... Very Very ever Race Room Devs!!!

If you need to bring FPS up turn car reflections to Simple Cube Map...So Now instead of having Low Res Ugly Reflections on the car It turns the car paint to almost a Matt color that doesn't cast reflections so you really dont notice the sacrifice...I dunno how big a FPS boost you can get its just something I was curiouse about.... Car tested was Orange FR3... AMS2 seems to use this same strategy because AMS2 cars are Matt Finsish also....

2. GrimeyDog

GrimeyDog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Update...Samsung Q90t and 3080ti I have the VRR Working Now!!!... dunno if it was the Updates Armoury crate installed or if My Nvidia control panel setting were wrong and the settings reset got it to straight...All I know is it works Now... I limited FPS to 120 and Racing is pure Joy Now

Aaaaw Man its Great Now... Full 4k/3840×2160, all Graphics settings maxed except car feflections I just keep set to Full, 32 cars on Track and even in a crowd of cars FPS 90+ and Not a Stutter!!! Sooon as crowd thins out FPS goes up to 120.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Even on my system I have all set to max except the reflections, I play RRE in 7800*1440 and get a steady 60fps. Ok I have 24 cars in track and myself makes 25. :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. ⅀ℕiↅϻΔ

⅀ℕiↅϻΔ Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    The game 10 year old i can run it on my old PC Setup AMD Phenom965,FX 8350 at MAX Settings with and old Radeon R9 Fury X
    Only things i turn OFF or lower them are Motion Blur and AA 4x
    The I9 i use atm is close to idle at 10% :p running @2560x1440

Hint: Turn in Nvidia Driver Threaded Optimisation to AUTO as i recognized bad performance set to ON (only in R3E)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2021