LMDh - Could this be the first LMDh we get in RaceRoom?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by keanos, Jun 6, 2022.

1. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    BMW revealed their M Hybrid V8 for the IMSA 2023 season.

I really hope one day we will get one of those new Hypercars/LMDh in RaceRoom to have an actual Prototype contender in the game. Because the actual P1/P2 are so outdated from todays view.

Hopefully the chances are higher then with other Manufacturers, because there were already agreements about BMW cars in the past.

bmw-m-hybrid-v8-1.jpg

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. BreadedVirus

BreadedVirus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    I hope we see some new P1 and P2 cars in the game.

3. Super Nova

Super Nova Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    This part is very late... There wasn't even the Lmph generation. Porsche 919, Audi R18, Toyota Ts050. Sad...

4. Stelcio

Stelcio Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I don't see them as such. They're simplier and purer, not compliant to current regulations and motorsport trends of hybrid engines and such, but not necessarily worse in any regard. They're still beasts. I'd love to race them more, but there's not many opportunities.

And anyway, prototypes don't have much point without proper game mechanics for endurance races. We don't know if driver swaps for example are even possible without rewriting the entire game.

5. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    I think they weren't able to recreate these cars back then because the game didn't support hybrid engines at that point.

6. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Just taking the "I want more" stance on this. If it and other LeMans Hybrids comes to raceroom, then that is great. If they decide to get some older P1 style cars and add them, equally great. I just want more.

Also I want to see more cars in the categories already in The game. More please!

7. Hendrick

Hendrick Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    Never gonna happen or at least to a reasonable level. Endurance racing is not what this sim is about. Such a shame :(