BTCC content.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BreadedVirus, Aug 15, 2022.

1. BreadedVirus

BreadedVirus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Wondering if Sector 3 ever thought about getting the BTCC license?

Such a shame it fell into the hands of Studio 397.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Why a shame?
    It’s MotorsportGames that got the licence btw but S397!did a great job at the cars in looks feel and variety so far as well as the Brits tracks that come with them

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. azaris

azaris Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Idk about variety. They have a modern Brands and Donington, a very dated Silverstone, and then a bunch of terrible rips/rF1 conversions for tracks. The RWD Infiniti drives very weirdly and is prone to flying off track at the slightest nudge, and the FWD cars all drive and sound almost identical and have the famous rF2 "mega torque steer". I still prefer the TCRs in R3E.

4. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    You are engaged in substitution of notions.

The repacks you are talking about are the work of ISI, not S397. Too bad you forgot about SPA, Monza and other tracks that are laser scanned. I am surprised that cars with the same engine sound the same(not). There is absolutely no problem with the Infiniti, even on standard settings.

5. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Spa and Monza. Those well known BTCC tracks.....

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. nolive721

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    I think you are a bit harsh tbh
    Cars sounding the same for the very good reason the engine from TOCA regulations is being used
    The exception in the lot coming from the builder being chosen by the car manufacturer team but in the end a 4pot 350bhp will sound very similar to another trust me on that

And yes there are 3 tracks now but its said the ones in the making for the BTCC game are coming
    I did drive the Infiniti quite a lot before traveling to Europe and enjoyed it with its obvious clear differences being a RWD vs th rest of the FFD crew

Honestly I am enjoying this as much as the TCRs over here

And on RF1 conversions topic, thete are few gems on the workshop snd if you play the game snd visit the forum you will see some good activy with new cars and tracks coming from .modders with some of them using RF1 versions as base

Last edited: Aug 17, 2022
  7. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Is there a website or something that has info on BTCC car specs?

8. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    It was not about BTCC, because S397 never had any converted repacks of tracks from the UK.

9. azaris

azaris Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    That's fine, the TCRs in R3E are largely similar as well, but then let's not pretend having all these cars adds some kind of variety. Also rF2 forces you to buy all these nearly identical FWD cars if you want to join a race that uses all of them, whereas in R3E you only need to buy one car on the grid.

My impression is that it is very loose on both corner entry (classic rF2 overly-slidey tyres and seeming lack of rotational inertia) and on-power, and that even the slightest bump with another car unsettles it and you get launched into the fence. Not a great feature for a BTCC car.

I actually did an extensive dive into the rF2 workshop content in recent weeks while waiting for the AMS2 update to drop. As for free cars, it's like 30% good, 40% mediocre, and 30% absolutely terrible. Many old cars now have broken tyres/FFB/sound because of recent updates to rF2. The free tracks (largely rF1 conversions) are even a bigger hit-or-miss, with some gems like Watkins Glen hidden amongst piles and piles of dreck.

10. nolive721

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    honestly, I have been into RF2 a lot in recent months and I have a better experience than what you describe

What I found necessary with some cars is to play with setup lightly say ARB, springs but most importantly caster.
    and adjust the FFB multiplier per car the same way I do in RRE as well

I would say there is more hit and miss compared to RRE overall but I still believe the physics in RF2 are a tad better than even after RRE deep update last year

But of course we are all different, various driving experience IRL and all that affecting our judgement. I am just happy we have such wide choice these days so its easy to jump from, one Sim to another and be enjoying a car/track combo in any of them

regarding RF2 purchase model, yes maybe its not great but what about RRE users who bought the full Premium pack, the whole lot of cars/tracks, and having to pay full price every time something new is coming
    not very fair business model me thinks

11. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Well, this thread has gone off on a tangent. My own view is pretty straight forward. If S3 had the licence and produced a full BTCC DLC, I'd buy it instantly. The fact that MotorsportGames has the licence means I won't touch it with a bargepole. Simple as that.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. nolive721

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Really?
    BTCC RF2 Motorsportgames licence cars handling
    pretty much all post cover this no?
    And all this ignited from the OP or am I missing something?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    I would reply, but I literally have no idea what it is that you're trying to say... :confused:

14. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    It seems like they tried to get the license, but it didn't work out in the end.

15. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    That was just a one off contract for a private event (the autosport show), it was never intended for release. As far as I know it was only a tweaked TCR car physics with a different model thrown on top.

16. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Looking at how Raceroom has been in recent years, it feels like the game is not getting as much support as it used to.

The content release is a lot slower now and not many major additions. I guess KW wants to move to the next phase with a new game now. Even if BTCC is coming, it will be in the new game.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    I'd say we still have a decent trickle of bits (very recently with Donnington, Interlagos, Ferrari, etc), and it wasn't that long ago there was the significant physics/FFB overhaul.. F1-likes are on the way, and hopefully Donnington is the start (or continuation of) the MSV roster.

Cars is the bigger thing for me. I get they're a tricky sell, but I want more older 90s/00s stuff that's not so mainstream.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. geoffers

geoffers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Even cars from 50s, 60s & 70s would be most welcome too.