Released Formula RaceRoom X-22 - OUT NOW

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Georg Ortner, Aug 31, 2022.

1. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0

The new benchmark in Open-Wheel Racing has arrived in RaceRoom!

The V6 Turbo Hybrid engine delivers over 1000 HP and the elegant aerodynamic design defining the beautiful silhouette of the car has been purposely built to allow close racing.

The car features adjustable Engine Maps and MGU-K modes, as well as 3 different tyre compounds and Halo visibility options, so nothing stands in your way to your next victory on track.

[​IMG]

• 1.6L V6-T Hybrid Engine
    • Turbocharger
    • 8-speed paddle shift gearbox
    • 769 kg Weight
    • 1050 HP
    • No ABS, No Traction Control, No Launch Control

Features:

Halo Visibility Option
    In real life the 3d depth perception helps looking past the halo, but in the sim we've added an option to make the halo transparent.

[​IMG]

Tyre Compounds
    Tyre choice is free in every session. Softs provide the most grip but wear the quickest.

Soft last ~ 20 min
    Medium last ~ 40 min
    Hard last ~ 80 min
    Depending on the track of course
    Engine Maps
    Engine maps can be changed while driving after binding the keys for it.
    A higher Engine map delivers more power from the internal combustion engine, but increases fuel consumption. This can be used for strategic purposes in longer races with pit stops.

[​IMG]

Hybrid System
    In addition to the Internal Combustion Engine the car has an Electric Engine (MGU - Motor Generator Unit) that can be used to deliver extra power, and runs on a battery that charges while driving.

[​IMG]

The Battery status is displayed as a blue bar on the steering wheel and in-game HUD
    The rear light of the car will blink red when it is harvesting energy.

MGU-K modes
    Different MGU-K modes can be used to determine the charge & deploy rate of the Electric engine.
    You can bind keys to your wheel to change the MGU-K mode while driving.
    The in-game HUD displays which MGU-K mode is activated.
    On the Car Setup page you see 5 MGU-K Modes that can be customized.
    Since the MGU-K harvests energy from the rear axle during deceleration, the amount of regeneration also affects the off-throttle balance.

[​IMG]

Every mode has a regeneration and a discharge rate, defining how quickly energy is charged and how much of it is deployed per mode. The default values should work ok out of the box in most cases.
    There is also an “Auto” mode that will change the MGU-K Mode automatically, depending on the battery charge state (lower power output at lower charge state).

Overtake Button
    Use the “Push to Pass” key binding to use the Overtake function while driving.
    The Overtake Button puts the MGU-K into its highest mode with one button press and is used to temporarily get the highest performance out of the car (ie. when trying to overtake or defend a position).

[​IMG]

The Battery will drain very quickly when this mode is enabled.
    While Overtake mode is enabled all the MGU safety systems are overridden as well, resulting in even more performance compared to the highest MGU-K mode.
    The Overtake mode stays active until the button is pressed again, at which point the car will switch back to the previously activated MGU-K Mode.

[​IMG]

DRS
    The Drag Reduction System will be enabled in a race when a driver crosses the start/finish line less than 1 second behind the driver ahead and can be activated 3 times per lap anywhere the driver chooses to do so. The rear wing angle changes so the car produces less drag and therefore can achieve higher top speeds.
    In Practice Sessions there is unlimited DRS activations available.

Enjoy!

• Like Like x 11
    • Love it! Love it! x 5
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    That's a lot of details, nice!

3. Super Nova

Super Nova Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    My first impressions are excellent :)
    A few disappointments though.
    The absence of friction noise against the ground when the car porpoises, without sparks.
    The sound of the electric motor isnt very audible
    And the LEDs on the steering wheel arent very understandable for gear changes (one has the impression that they are all the time at full speed)
    Thx S3

4. bigkevracer

bigkevracer Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Disappointed there isn't a Team New Zealand.

5. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    I got the wheel mismatch* issue with this last night, and it remained persistent with all subsequent cars.

*Same as the GT3 Ferrari, where the in-game animation appears to be half of what the real wheel (and inputs) are doing, which is really distracting in VR.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. hugotwowheels

hugotwowheels Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    It's interesting to see that the hood cam has become a "roof" cam. I'm guessing it's because of the huge wheels obstructing the view. Good decision!

My main gripe with cockpit view is A-pillars - and in this case, front wheels - obstructing the view. IRL I'd move my head going into corners so the pillars/wheels "disappear", in games I can't do that.

Fanastic work of course. I bought it immediately. The X-17 has also gotten more enjoyable.

• Like Like x 1
  7. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Open wheels are not my favourite, i'm looking forward of the release from the trucks
    Something differrent from R3E, but absolutely a good thing

8. S. FREDRIKSSON

S. FREDRIKSSON Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I had the same issue, just had to change the "wheel rotation" setting. I cant remember the name. It is in the options, not in the car setup.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Badgerous

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    The "match setup" option? Mine should be already set, but I'll double check later.

10. hugotwowheels

hugotwowheels Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    For some reason I had to do this as well after the last patch. It's most likely this.

• Like Like x 1
  11. S. FREDRIKSSON

S. FREDRIKSSON Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    No, I dont think it was the "match setup" option. It was closer to a "max steering wheel range" option. Ill check when I get home. For me it was set to 180* with the update.

12. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I like the physics, but the shifting still feels a bit weirdly sluggish with the X-17 and X-22 compared to what I'm used to in modern single seaters in other sims. When I pull the paddle, the neutral appears first on the dash and it selects the next gear with a slight delay. It gives me this unnatural feeling that the shifting is slower than it should be.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Badgerous

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    I checked last night, and there were a couple of things on that page that had reset themselves. The 'match setup' one was the main one to sort my issues.

14. jackgore121

jackgore121 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I've bought the frx22 and i quite like it but does anyone else find the turbo take way too long to spool?

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    I noticed a small oversight. Helmut Becker, #48 of Team Germany, shows up with an Austrian flag instead of a German one.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Super Nova

Super Nova Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Indeed but since the patch its better I think. After it's a Turbo Car like the DTM 2020. You have to keep a little gas to not go too low engine speed

17. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Somehow the regeneration setting doesn't really seem to have an impact on the battery charge state. I've played around with it in practice mode. I was doing outlaps, once with 100% discharge and 0% regeneration, and once with 100% discharge and 100% regeneration. In both cases the battery charge state was roughly the same at the end of the outlap. Am I missing something?

18. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    Try in practice /quali etc in single race mode ... tell me if theresa difference and ill confirim with devs if this is what should be happening

Andi

19. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    I just tested it again in a singleplayer qualifying session in Monza. After an outlap I had the following battery charge state when passing the finish line for the first time:
    • 44% with 0% regeneration and 100% discharge
    • 46% with 100% regeneration and 100% discharge
    The difference seems to be negligible. It seems like only the MGU-H is charging the battery and not the MGU-K.

20. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +562 / 0 / -0
    This is as intended, as the regen. setting is ignored during braking. So the MGU-K is always used to recharge while braking, the regen. setting only affects behaviour while off-throttle and off-brakes, which is a tiny part of the lap usually. Which makes the regen setting mostly about car balance in those transitions from corner entry to exit

• Informative Informative x 3