Released WTCR 2022 Car Pack - now available!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Georg Ortner, Sep 27, 2022.

1. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

WTCR 2022 car class is now available on https://game.raceroom.com/store/

The FIA WTCR 2022 cars are now available in RaceRoom. Stay tuned for the detailed announcement of the new Esports WTCR season!

The 2022 features the latest model of the Audi RS 3 LMS TCR as well as the Hyundai Elantra N TCR, it also has new livery designs for the Honda Civic TCR in a Liqui Moly theme.

The class features all the teams of the ongoing 2022 season.
    • Audi RS 3 LMS TCR
      [​IMG]
    • Cupra Leon Competicion TCR
      [​IMG]
    • Honda Civic TCR
      [​IMG]
    • Hyundai Elantra N TCR
      [​IMG]
    • Lynk n Co TCR
      [​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  2. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Seems the pricing structure has improved for people who already have other WTCR liveries. A welcome surprise.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    That's for sure!

But for whatever reason Hyundai i30 2019 is still at 50% discount for me (I own 2018 and 2020 versions) while, for example, Lynk&Co and Hyundai Elantra are at 93% (I own Lynk 2020 and Elantra 2021). Maybe it was overlooked.

4. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    Store pictures say both cars are 2021 models? New cars?
    Anyhow, i missed 2021 pack as well.
    Every time I see the green maintenance screen, I'm waiting for something spectacular. Then, ... ok, 5th WTCR pack!
    But
    Come on, that's boring.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    It is not, TCR is one of the few classes which promise very close driving, and the cars are very fun to drive, with their lift off oversteer through the corners.

6. BasilFawlty

BasilFawlty New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Great but what tyre wear level is identical to real life? Moded up to 300%? Unfortunately 2022 is the year when WTCC has become a total joke, with tyres that are unsuitable for motor racing and a series of maybe 8 cars which have no clue where they will be racing next week.

But nevertheless TC is the best class for RRRE so I can only recommend.

7. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    What does WTCR 2022 differently or even better thsn WTCR 2021?

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    To keep the connection up between RaceRoom/KwStudios and the Organisators of the WTCR, for future packs and competitions and events

How come Hyundai with the Elantra had no problems with the tires on any tracks even not on the nordschleife? If the Lyncs and some of the others only can be fast if they go over the setup limits of the tires, it is their fault. It was also known already last season, that the lyncs don't care about the the setup limits. And also Hyundai does it right, they test their cars on normal races on the Nordschleife. Have you ever seen a Lync in a NLS race or in the TCR Europe or other regional TCR series? Except of one car in Sweden and I think two in China, they haven't sold any customer car. From where should they get tire experience? And if their answer is to withdraw because they are not able to win anymore, then to setup their cars for lasting tires ... yeah, you can build your own meaning.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2022
  9. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    Fine, more packs of the same cars. Already waiting for DTM 22.
    Ok! I'm not gonna buy it and keep my mouth shut.

10. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    I have no issues with releasing new skins provided the price is fair and they are not mandatory to participate in ranked events. At least this time it came out the same year and there is always the F1 and coming soon truck for new content.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Maybe because they didn't have as much ballast as others. "The Lynk & Co 03 TCR of Cyan Racing is by far the heaviest car of the WTCR field, running 80 kilos more than the Hyundai Elantra N TCR of points leader Mikel Azcona." (source)

"Some of the others" as in "everyone except Hyundai"? Cyan was affected the most because of BOP ballast, but it wasn't just them. That's about Audi: "We work hard to make a good car and we chose a race setup that was not aggressive at all, just to be easy on the tyres. In spite of this, we still had a puncture." And about other cars: "All the teams worked on springs, camber, tyre pressures and so on to help the tyres, and we still have problems." (source)

In your comment you try to present the situation as an isolated issue with one team because they can't setup their car, but from what I found that's not what was going on.

12. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    TBH 2022 was a predictable shitshow with all the last minute confirmations of entries, they tyre and BOP issues and the cancellation of the overseas races. I really wonder about the viability of a 2023 series since everyone seems upset with each other and with the current economic context and lack of interest from manufacturers, especially European ones.

13. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    They want to use hybrid kits next year, so maybe this will spark some interest again.

14. Hendrick

Hendrick Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    We just got the 2021 pack this April and this again? I get you have the license but can we also give other classes some love.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    I can only see it as a positive thing that this pack wasn't delayed til next year, unlike most pack in the last few years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Hendrick

Hendrick Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    True but then why we getting ADAC 2021 coming not 2022? I do not understand that part.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    WTCR-pack with two out of nine tracks in game?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Since there are no new cars, just skins, it takes a lot less development time and maybe that´s the reason. It´s also increased cashflow for all parties as those who wanted 2021 pack probably already got it.

There might not be a WTCR23 series and if there is it will be a reboot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    1. It's a car pack
    2. It's 3 out of 9 tracks in the game
    3. It would've been 6 out of 10 tracks in the original calendar

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for clearing point 2, has happened already one post earlier.:cool:

To your first answer, I didn't say they should be in the pack. It's just a shame that of the 9 tracks, only a very small number are in the game. Simracers always put a lot of emphasis on immersion, which I miss in this point.

I remember the Experiences, where vehicles, tracks and the complete rulebook were included and UI was designed accordingly.

Those were the days I fell in love with RR.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1