Moza R5

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pullblox, Oct 9, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pullblox

Pullblox Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Is Moza R5 officially supported in R3E?

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    There's one default profile named "MOZA", but it only has deviceID of Moza R9.

@devs, I just noticed this default "MOZA" profile also has Fanatec V3 pedals deviceID in it. I think it should probably be deleted.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Of course it doesn't necessarily mean it won't work. R9 should work even without a default profile (I heard one of beta testers has this wheel), so maybe R5 will work too.

4. Pullblox

Pullblox Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Finally, I connected MOZA R5, but RaceRoom does not recognize it, the FFB tab is not active ... Maybe there is someone who configured R5 for R3E?
    P.S.: Everything works in iRacing without "dancing with a tambourine" ;)

Last edited: Oct 19, 2022
  5. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I've seen one working on YouTube so they definitely work.

Start from a new keyboard default and enable FFB in the options then bind everything to that new profile.

6. Pullblox

Pullblox Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Thank you. I set everything up, but after returning to the garage, and then back to the track, the FFB disappeared. It's better to wait until official support is added.

7. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    That seems to be a bug at the moment. There is a keybind for "reset FFB" use that button and FFB will come back. The disappearing FFB will be looked into. Thanks.

8. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Bug report submitted.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Pullblox

Pullblox Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    During testing, it turned out that the FFB in R3E works normally, with 3 immersion parameters enabled, with at least 30% or more (which MOZA warns about on the official website). When following the recommendations from MOZA, the FFB works excellent with the R5 base, but the effects of engine vibrations and shifting is more of a hindrance than a help in driving.
    P.S.: If the immersion parameters are reduced, then the FFB strength also decreases.[​IMG]

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    At the moment it's only the Moza based that require the immersion effects enabled to work. All other bases DD or not do not need them. That seems to be something on the moza software end, I agree it isn't great and would be a deal breaker against me buying one right now. I will ask whether we have any official contact with Moza to try and get this resolved. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    @Pullblox could you link me to the article on the moza website about the immersion effects please? I can't find it.

12. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    @bubblejohns have you come across any tricks with your r9 to get it to run without the negative effects of the immersion settings?

13. Pullblox

Pullblox Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  14. bubblejohns

bubblejohns Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    yeah they need like 5% but theyre also overpowered but im managing with it on 0 and just dealing, i do have gearshift effects on

15. Nick Thorn

Nick Thorn Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Hi ravey
    Wondering if there is any official contact as yet? Its been a while now.
    I've tried the immersion settings but they seem like canned effects.
    This morning I tried AC,ACC and Rfactor 2 and the Force feedback in those titles feels alive compared to the Raceroom's feedback. Fortunately, I tried a friend's Fanatec on Raceroom and it felt great, so I am not placing blame as such.

Just seems a shame that a great setup like the Moza isn't supported correctly as of yet.
    It also seems strange that Raceroom is the exception rather than the rule, since most other titles work without any tricks or compromises.

Keeping fingers crossed that sector3 reaches out to Moza and sorts the issue because I would like to continue with Raceroom especially now I have a decent setup and recently purchased more VRP to experience what is obviously a very good and fun sim.

16. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Not that I know of. The Devs have tried to contact Moza but they aren't replying was the last I heard about it all.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2022
  17. Nick Thorn

Nick Thorn Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Ravey,
    I will try contacting Moza myself.
    In a way I wish Raceroom didn't have the immersion settings because without them Moza or Sector3 couldn't weasel out :)
    I have to say in my limited experience all the immersion settings seem to add is exactly what they say which gives the impression force feedback works at a basic level when in reality they convey nothing else, the wheel doesn't ever go light or load up or inform the pilot when they are on the limit.
    Just a predictable rumble which feels canned, but as you have previously mentioned in other threads they are linked to the physics, so perhaps canned is the wrong choice of word?

Anyway, thanks for taking time out to reply.
    Cheers.

18. Pullblox

Pullblox Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    The latest update added support for the Cammus wheel, but did not add the Moza R5. Who has a Cummus wheel?

19. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    One of the beta testers has a cammus

20. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    There has been contact between raceroom and moza. That's all I know.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.