Bug Crash without Crash dump

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by F1mre, Nov 13, 2022.

Tags:
  1. F1mre

F1mre New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

I had a random crash in a Warmup session of a multiplayer race. I joined the server during practice, completed qualifying and 2 minutes into Warmup the game just shut and I was back in my Windows desktop.

I've attached the game logs of this session.

Is there a way to report these issues other that writing here?

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    If you know the time, can u check if anything showed up in windows event viewer?

3. F1mre

F1mre New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nothing on the Event viewer at that time. No errors, no warnings, nothing.

4. F1mre

F1mre New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @FeltHλt It has happened again halftime though a Ranked race. No crash dump.

I've checked Event viewer. There were many information events at the time of the "crash". Mainly with "ESENT" source and regarding \AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneVideo_[...]

Also there was a Logon (Microsoft Windows security auditing). Looks like my PC and my account was logged in somewhere.

I've also checked my GPU temperature. It was 68C, I think that shouldn't be a problem.

5. F1mre

F1mre New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've performed multiple tests on my hardware and also checked Integrity of game files in Steam.

I've done a 3DMark Demo to stress test my hardware. My CPU went 100C. I've noticed that my CPU fan speed is not recognized by my Motherboard. So my CPU fan was just running at a constant speed all the time and never revved up. I've changed the CPU fan. Now 3DMark only heated my CPU to 62C and CPU fan speeds were changing with more load.

I'm not sure this caused crashing to desktop but I'm suspicious it did. (I haven't played with the new CPU fan yet) 15 years ago when CPU temp went high, my PC simply shut down. But that was WinXP times, maybe Win10 and all the new drivers handle temps differently.

6. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    My experience with temps to high is rather the same as you, pc shut down, but it would be interesting to see if that was the issue