Very new, some healthproblem, rating

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base' started by mcdaniels, Nov 19, 2022.

1. mcdaniels

mcdaniels New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi folks,
    I am racing at raceroom again. I must say that I played offline about 10 years ago. Now I tried some rookieraces (on tracks I know a little from other sims).

My mainconcern ist: I have 0 Chance at the online races. The opponents are way too fast.

As I have a little problem with both feet (muscular and movement) I am wondering whether it makes sense to keep up racing till my rating comes in a range I really can have some nice fights.

Short: Will my rating level with other players nearly as fast (or slow) than me, or will this never happen? If it is not working that way, there might be no sense in keeping it up ;-)

Thanks a lot!

2. mcdaniels

mcdaniels New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    and I am at the wrong part of the forum. sorry :-( --> knowledge base

3. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    Rookies are open lobbies, therefore entire spectrum of drives can join (either fast or slow), but its usually rather on the slow side (check rating of opponents to make sure). What you are describing is matchmaking, which isnt featured in raceroom. There are requirements to join a server (rating, reputation and content) but anyone meeting them can join and race together.

Consider improvements by more practice, help of others or adjust hardware (need more details of your problem, is it only feet?)

Try looking for group dedicated to slower drivers etc. From experience i can tell you than in most groups there is plenty of drivers fast and slow, so dont be shy and keep trying. Club50 comes to my mind, which is a group dedicated to older drivers, i raced with them briefly, they should be here https://www.simracing.gp/

• Like Like x 2
  4. mcdaniels

mcdaniels New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi and thanks for the Infos. Well coming to my Situation: I lack a little of muscle and cannot trigger some movement of my feet. I have to adjust deadzones for brake and throttle/adjust min max movement.

Its hard for me to be totally sensitive on throttle or brake. Trailbraking almost ist a No go.

And I am not that fast and controlled like "normal" people with my feet.

Thanks!

5. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    If you're using cars with both ABS and traction control, I think using the pedals in a "digital" on/off way shouldn't be a huge problem in terms of speed.

6. Nick Thorn

Nick Thorn Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    If you have the budget, it may be worth investing in a Fanatec setup along with the Fanatec podium advanced module which would essentially allow you to dispense with the pedals and use the analogue clutch paddles instead.
    You are at a huge disadvantage without some help.
    A complete setup will set you back quite a lot of dosh, but if you intend to continue the hobby and enjoy it, treat yourself.

7. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    @mcdaniels With some practice, you won't be last even if you're using a keyboard or mouse+keyboard (I saw some very fast drivers on m+kb in Competitions). As Majuh said, ABS and traction control may help you in this case. You can use them on ranked servers even on cars that don't have them from factory (but you'll be assigned some ballast).

9. DonaldD

DonaldD Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I use this wheel which include handcontrolled thr/brake - because I cant use my legs.
    It is called SRW-S1 and have a pretty good wheel and thr/br resolution.
    If you cannot find it 2nd hand then PM me because I have a few new (unopened) wheels that I keep as spares.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1