Problem Moza racing r9 base

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Robert77, Aug 21, 2022.

1. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    I'll give it a try!

2. pierredietze

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Yes, binding a key to "reset FFB" works as a workaround. Thank you!
    Side note: The problem occurs not only when you enter the pitlane again, also when you watch an instant replay. When you return to track FFB is gone.

3. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    What happens if you go to C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\General

and change this value to ''true"?
    <alwaysCreateEffects type="bool">true</alwaysCreateEffects>

Had to change that on my Cammus wheel, because I had the same issue.

<key type="uint32">144494</key> <!-- MOZA R9 Base -->
    <value>
    <vendorSpecificRangeLock type="bool">true</vendorSpecificRangeLock>
    <minWheelRange type="uint32">90</minWheelRange>
    <maxWheelRange type="uint32">1080</maxWheelRange>
    <alwaysCreateEffects type="bool">false</alwaysCreateEffects>
    <supportsSpringEffect type="bool">false</supportsSpringEffect>
    <supportsDamperEffect type="bool">true</supportsDamperEffect>

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. pierredietze

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Give me a second...

• Like Like x 1
  5. pierredietze

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    That fixed the problem! Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Speaking of fixes, is it possible to also fix the default profile for Moza R9? It has an ID and settings for FANATEC ClubSport Pedals V3 in it (in addition to Moza R9 ID) which will probably result in "Device missing" error. Also the profile is called "Moza" even though it only applies to R9 but not to other bases.

7. Peter Koch

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    Deleting this file resets all missing devices, it's worth a try.
    "Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\device_statistics.xml"

8. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Thank you. I created my profile for Moza R9 before the default profile was added to the game so I don't have that "missing device" error, but good to know there's an easy fix for that.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    How are you finding the r9 generally and in Raceroom? It was going to be my next wheelbase but I've heard conflicting opinions so sure now.

10. pierredietze

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    I had a T300 before, and it's a 500% improvement. Keep in mind FFB is a very personal thing, but compared to the T300 it's a milestone.
    The base is so tiny and easy to hide behind the trippels, so i get closer to the perfect setup every day. 9NM are strong enough even for the trucks (personal opinion), the feedback is great i can feel things never had before. Did a few laps in the Tattuus in Suzuka and was faster than my best lap in the third lap i did. 480€ for this base is a great value for the money.

11. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately I had no time to properly test it since then. Plus, my old wheel is so old that the difference would've been massive anyway.

12. Nick Thorn

Nick Thorn Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Going for a Moza r9 would be a gamble, a leap of faith, since its current implementation is somewhat crippled in Raceroom.
    If kw studios resolve the issue, I think the r9 would be a very good choice indeed.
    I hate to say it, but the very well-supported Fanatec/Thrustmaster or even the latest Logitech offering may well be a better option?
    Sometimes the Stars do not align perfectly, as I have found out to my detriment.

If Raceroom is your bag, and you don't play anything else: Beware of Moza. (for now)

13. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Well, I don't know. There's a solution for that bug with immersion settings, so the only issue I have for now is that you can't set rotation angle from the game, you need to adjust it in Moza software.

14. Nick Thorn

Nick Thorn Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Honestly, I don't think rotational angle is the biggest issue. I am not denying it is an issue.
    The immersion settings force the user to add additional noise to feedback that can't ever be dialed out at the expense of other subtle effects that really matter.
    Last night I had the pleasure of Racing on a friends Fanatec setup in Raceroom.
    I qualified on his setup which is unfamiliar to me and ended up 3 seconds faster than my personal best with my Moza. :(

Those 3 seconds actually came from my ability to detect things that I didn't even know existed on my Moza.

It almost beggars belief I am spending time here moaning about any issues rather than track time.
    I hope Moza and kw studios resolve things sooner rather than later.

15. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    A few things I found for my R9 that affects FFB.
    1) Settings in Moza software. For example, "GT" profile has a ton of dampening of various sorts. I suspect it isn't needed for Raceroom's FFB so I tuned them all down to minimum or low values.
    2) Engine noise was hiding a lot of details, once I turned it off it became much better. Probably there's a similar thing with Bump amplification if it's set as high as 30%.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
  16. pierredietze

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    And for me this "bug" is a major advantage. I hate it when a game changes the rotation angle of my wheel, and when i quit the game IT DOES'NT SET THE ANGLE BACK TO WHAT WAS THERE BEFORE!

17. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    I found a way to adjust steering range in the game that doesn't affect your settings in Moza software.

1) Edit this file: Steam\SteamApps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\General\steering_wheels.xml
    Scroll down to "MOZA R9 Base" section and change these values as shown:
    <vendorSpecificRangeLock type="bool">false</vendorSpecificRangeLock>
    <supportsSpringEffect type="bool">true</supportsSpringEffect>

2) Edit your control profile in Documents\My games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet
    Find this line and set the value to 1, like that:
    spring based range lock enabled="1" // Spring based range lock on/off

3) In Moza software you should set rotation range to the same value that's in your control profile in this line(*):
    spring based range lock max rotation="900"

That's all, run the game and your wheel will stop at whatever angle you specify on the Car setup page. This works purely inside the game and doesn't affect anything outside of it.

------
    (*) - If these ranges are set to different values, the angles in the game won't match with the numbers on the Setup page. You can change this value in your profile and set it to whatever number you want (probably not more than 1440), just make sure to set the same number in Moza software too, then the angles in the game should be correct.

• Like Like x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2022
  18. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    That's pretty awesome. I wonder if it works for other wheelbases? Simagic, cammus etc.

19. Peter Koch

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    give it a test in a minute

20. Peter Koch

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    Works, but there isn't a hard stop. Feels like a spring

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2022