Released The Drivers Pack - 4 Cars. 1 Track. Maximum Joy.

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Dec 14, 2022.

1. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    OK, so I know some of you are going to say, "Oh god it's captain happy face again:neutral:", but I don't care. I truly enjoy telling people when they've done something great, AND THIS IS something great, I can't decide if I like the 90f 0r the 9s better, the Mazda is just plain fun, and I need some time W/out beer on board to play with the Praga. The track, as usual, is challenging and fun.

I'm really having a hard time with all the complainers on this forum, who, when new stuff comes out, their comments are always, "What about all the stuff I keep complaining about?" RaceRoom/Sector 3, Have always made an effort to release content that isn't in any other sim. Ok they have all the required stuff, like Spa, Hockenheim, Nürburgring, bla bla bla... Plus, the biggest selection of GT3s in any sim. And at the same time, they also constantly focus on both single player and multiplayer experiences. Their releases almost always contain updates that are improvements for existing clients with no expense to them.

Quite honestly, I care less about graphics than playable content. What's more important to me is, ai interaction, tire physics, car physics and handling in general, do I feel like I'm in the heat of battle, are the ai challenging me, or just mindless azzholes? Basically, am I so immersed in the race that nothing else matters in that moment? And the answer is almost always yes in R3E. Not so with any other sim. And I have almost all PC base racing games. For the record, I only have about 1/4 of the cars, but yes, all the tracks. That's another thing I like about RaceRoom, you don't have to own everything, only the stuff you enjoy. Ok, I'm done on my soap box.

So anyway, I am really enjoying the content that is based on earlier race cars, ie, late 60s early 70s, (I did my research on the Crossl'e,s, and they are based on the original builds from the late 60s and early 70s, which is my favorite period of automotive racing development. So, thank you for all the work you did to produce such good content. I'm having a blast reliving the past.:p

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2022
  2. anno900

anno900 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Your 3rd part is what I feel as well and I have tried all sims, especially since I have my new PC I could Test AC, ACC, ams2, iracing, pcars2. No AI has this "raciness" as r3e.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I am no super driver, and the Mazdas are dancing all around me like a swarm of grumpy hornets. The AI has always been one of the most outstanding features of RR. AC and ACC, their AI cars are reliably rolling things, but are too pacifistic. They do not fight, and do not fight back. In RR I can run around half the Nordschleife with that damn terrier hanging at my throat, and when I finally shook it off it immediately jumps at me again from the other side. It can be more dogfightign than racing.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    As for the AI,since the big FFB update,Nürburg Nordschleife VLN version is still having problems especially from the start to T1 and T2.FPS drops about 8-9 frames and the same at the point where it goes to the exit from the GP track to the Nordschleife.Only on that version of the track.All others run smoothly. And time multiplier is still not usable on my system,as Otterhud.I meanted that since release,seems it can't be optimized/fixed.
    And for me, these are the reasons why I don't really want to buy new content.:(

Last edited: Dec 16, 2022
  5. Rampage

Rampage Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Mazda MX-5 with 20+ cars on track is a riot. And the sound is just like when I went to Daytona a few years back and there were something like 61 Spec Miata on the high banks and road course. It sounds like a hive of the biggest bees in the world. Glorious!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    I´d say it´s probably the best executed new car to have been released on the most recent physics and tyre model. In my mind, only the GT4s come close. Compliments to the chefs.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  7. GregoryLeo

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    I actually prefer the dog fight, I get lazy when there isn't anyone around to battle against, and usually end up binning it:eek:.

8. GregoryLeo

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Yah, it's that gtx 1080 that's killing you, even with the11 gigs, it just doesn,t have the umph needed for the nord in raceroom. I had the same issue, I upgraded to the gtx1650 with 6 gigs for about $250, (that was the limit I could afford) it was well worth the extra cash and resolved the FPS issue, just suggesting, I know at this time in our global economy money is tight for many of us.

9. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    A 1080 and even a 1070 should trump any 1600 series, at least that´s what benchmmarks indicate. What card did you have before?

https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/...vs-GeForce-GTX-1080-Ti-vs-GeForce-GTX-1650-Ti

Also according to that web the 1660 is the one with 6mb as no 1650 version has more than 4. Even against the 1660, the 1080 with 11mb wins, don´t see why VR should change that.

https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/...GeForce-GTX-1660-Ti-vs-GeForce-GTX-1660-SUPER

Last edited: Dec 18, 2022
  10. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I use a GTX1080 with 11 Gigs, and older drivers. And I use VR, a G2 Reverb with 2x2048x2048 res, which is much more than the older Rift I had. Smooth, no problems, even with a full tableau of cars. With an older Oculus Rift I switched to rolling starts since in the first 1-5 seconds or so it may have stuttered mildly occasionally, but only then. With the G2 and its much higher resolution: no more, i am back to standing starts. Strange.

GFX driver settings may have somethign to do with it. I noticed it makes the difference whether FSX crashes, or not. Its trial and error to find specific settings out, I cannot claim that I really know what I do there. I therefore use no additional tools to tune non-visible driver settings. I just try, by trial and error. Findings are not always in consistency with with theory.

I sometimes noticed in other titles that I won stability and frames if not turning settings down, but up, both in ingame options and driver settings. That is anti-intuitive, but I report the observation as it is.

I have the 1080 since 2017. Its a damn good gfx board, never let me down, no matter what I threw at it. No OC done by me, onyl the factory OC.

11. PiccoloLost

PiccoloLost New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

12. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    @Skybird
    Hi mate,
    i use the same card.Wich older driver version you use,please?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2022
  13. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    @Alex Hodgkinson, both Crosslé show a very high fuel consumption.
    I can do only 2 or 3 laps on Nordschleife before refueling. Is this correct? I know petrol tanks are not very big but 8l/lap?

14. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    The 90F fuel consumption is as set as specified by The Classic Racing School Charade as follows:

23L/ 30 mins
    =
    41.40L/ 100km
    =
    6.82 mpg

So the car should indeed use approx 8.6l/lap at the 20.8km long Nordschleife.
    With a full tank of 23l, you'll be able to get 2.6 laps in.

15. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Probably why the following has been announced, although not affecting the classics - for now.

Perhaps somewhat controversially, the circuit plans to shift 90% of activity to zero-emission by 2025, meaning only 10 days will be reserved for competitions or activities involving internal combustion. It is expected this will allow the continuation of events like the Grand Prix Camions and the Trophée d'Auvergne.

"All manufacturers are switching to zero-emissions cars, so our activities will support this change for the next three years", explained circuit director Romain Sellier. "Our driving schools will gradually switch to zero emission, with the exception of the Classic Racing School which will keep its specificity. The number of track days, in their current form, will be reduced from 8 in 2021 to one or two from 2023." It is expected that new forms of electric competition will gradually replace those currently running with combustion engines.

16. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Alex, thanks for your answer.
    Thats more than 964 Cup or Audi TT Cup both being much more powerful and heavy.
    Amazing, I would never have thought that.

• Like Like x 1
  17. P. Byloos

P. Byloos New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    F4 Tatuus in random circuits from pro pack. After each race another circuit!!!! Many people back to Raceroom