Problem Cant feel any FFB on grass, impacts, road surfaces

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Techno909, Feb 2, 2023.

1. Techno909

Techno909 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    The only FFB im getting is when I go on a kerb (which is very little) - I have the immersion sliders up to 50 and FFB dialled up both in game and on the Moza Software

Weird thing is I am experiencing more FFB and "feel" of the car/ track on my old T150

This is the only sim where I am having really annoying issues with FFB

Also the wheel doesnt want to centre (even though I have it set to 100% in the software)

Anyone else with Moza struggling to get Raceroom to play nicely?

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    I have Moza R9 and everything works as expected. What's your base?

Could it be your issue is the one that was discussed here?
    https://forum.kw-studios.com/index.php?threads/moza-racing-r9-base.18519/page-2#post-240560
    You can find a fix in that link. He's talking about this file: Steam\SteamApps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\General\steering_wheels.xml

Bit if you have a different base than R9, you'd have to add these lines manually and put in the correct device ID. If you don't know how to do it, I'll try to help.

You sure you're adjusting the right slider? The centering force is "Wheel Spring Strength".

Although for Raceroom I'd recommend turning all these additional effects down to minimum or low values. The game's FFB is fully physics based, so it has the right amount of centering forces and dampening anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Techno909

Techno909 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Im on the R5 bundle mate! I need to give it a break for tonight - Been at work all day and then trying to tweak the wheel is annoying me haha

4. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    So, you will need the device ID.
    1) Go to this folder: Documents\My games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet
    2) You should see an .rcs file for your control profile, open it with a Notepad or any other text editor.
    3) Scroll down to line #250 or so, look for lines that look something like that:
    Code:
    DeviceName[00]="MOZA R9 Base"
    DeviceId[00]="(144494, -1, -1, 0)"
    This is from my profile, that's why it says "R9". Yours will probably say "Moza R5 base" or something.
    4) The number you will see there is the device ID for your base. It's 144494 for R9, but it will likely be different for R5.

Now, the fix.
    1) Go to this file: Steam\SteamApps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\General\steering_wheels.xml
    2) Open it with a Notepad or any other text editor. Scroll all the way down, and under the section for R9 base add these lines:
    Code:
    <key type="uint32">XXXXXX</key> <!-- MOZA R5 Base -->
    <value>
    <vendorSpecificRangeLock type="bool">true</vendorSpecificRangeLock>
    <minWheelRange type="uint32">90</minWheelRange>
    <maxWheelRange type="uint32">1080</maxWheelRange>
    <alwaysCreateEffects type="bool">true</alwaysCreateEffects>
    <supportsSpringEffect type="bool">false</supportsSpringEffect>
    <supportsDamperEffect type="bool">true</supportsDamperEffect>
    </value>
    3) Replace XXXXXX with your R5 device ID.

Since you're not the only one R5 user, can you tell what the device ID is? It will make it easier to help other users. It's not a personal information, it should be the same for all R5 bases.

5. Techno909

Techno909 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

6. Techno909

Techno909 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Weirdly when I start the game it says device found choose profile - Then I go to controller and there isnt any options - When I start to calibrate the wheel its knmown as Xbox Controller

(This is before your suggestion)

7. Techno909

Techno909 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    just tried your suggestion and it still comes up as Xbox Controller :(

8. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, that's a completely different thing. I thought you already had you profile set up.

Anyway, I found the files you need, see attachments.
    1) Put "Moza R5 Base.rcs" here: Documents\My games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet
    2) Put "steering_wheels.xml" here: Steam\SteamApps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\General

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1