What would be the ultimate CPU stress test in Raceroom?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Giovanni Giorgio, May 1, 2022.

1. Giovanni Giorgio

Giovanni Giorgio Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I just would like to report that I've completed a 3 lap race with my Ryzen 7 5800X3D in VR using an Oculus Rift CV1 on Spa with 52 visible cars on track, and the framerate never dip below the default ASW threshold. Completely smooth performance.

I did this race because I've read on race department about someone saying that this race was like a CPU benchmark for Raceroom.
    Is there anything that hits harder than that on the CPU, so I could test it?
    On the options menu, 52 visible cars is the maximum allowed. The only track I can think of that would be another candidate for a CPU stress test would be "the green hell" Nordschleife. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

2. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, try Nords 24h layout specifically, it seems to be a resource hog. But congrats, not having framedrops with such an amount of AI cars on Spa is impressive.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    yes test nords 24H with 99 cars

• Like Like x 1
  4. Giovanni Giorgio

Giovanni Giorgio Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, guys! I'm gonna try Nords with 99 cars then, to see if the performance drops.

5. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Be careful at first corner

6. Giovanni Giorgio

Giovanni Giorgio Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    It was a complete mayhem lol. I was not sure that this would be possible to be honest.
    24H layout of Nords, 99 cars with 52 visible, in VR! And it never droped below the ASW threshold. No stutter, no freezing or crashing. It was effing amazing!
    And the best part: it didn't cost me a kidney to make the upgrade to the 5800X3D, unlike it would be if I were building let's say an Intel Alder Lake build from scratch. I sold my 5800X and I have zero regrets. This 5800X3D is out of this world.

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  7. Surge

Surge New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    What GPU did you do this with? What was the ASW threshold? Did you have fpsvr or something to see utilization? I'm wondering if upgrading would help me a lot. I have a 5800x/5700xt and I can run the G2 at 60fps mostly but not 90 and a good field of cars makes it dip lower than 60.

8. DonaldD

DonaldD Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I just saw this compare between AMD 5800X3D and 5800X in another forum.

Attached Files:

9. bubblejohns

bubblejohns Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    100 car races its crap the bed and take ages to load. but also zhuhai with time acceleration is also a massive hog youll lose alot of fps there