Are Raceroom Physics realistic ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TundraGrad4, Dec 18, 2017.

1. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    still old physics :p im curious about its rework

2. Rowan Unning

Rowan Unning Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Aw, hope it will not be reworked... Mercedes dtm'16 + Brands Hatch is a very engaging combo as is, in R3E.

I think the category itself isnt important as isnt important the track itself or the car brand... is the successful combination of all togheter, that make the racing experience and feeling awesome sometimes in unexpected combos.

DTM'16 as is, is very intriguing

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Those cars have tyres that are overly forgiving, you can abuse them and the grip level doesn't fall off much as slip angle increases. They will be reworked in line with the rest of the up to date cars in due course.

4. Rowan Unning

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    so about the :

89 car category
    298 car models
    61 road tracks
    151 track layouts

all will be reworked and none conserved as historical point in time about R3E sim historical memory evolution ?

By the possible combinations those numbers, even picking only all models + 1 layout x 1 track, generate a lot of possible combinations.
    Seems a titanic work (to fix the past) meanwhile having to develop new combos for future to come.

Oh well in general all combos are always well curated, so no doubts.
    Meanwhile some past combo feelings will be lost, probably new combos will be generated with engaging racing feelings.

DTM'16 + Brands Hatch combo racing feeling, till will be reworked, is a very nice combo racing feeling imho (only time attacking competition, racing no idea atm).

Realistic or not, the car + track combo sensation is good

Last edited: Mar 12, 2023
  5. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    I always thought it's not about money, but more about vagueness of what the word "realistic" means. Because objectively, driving in a game, sitting in your chair and only having a FFB on the wheel, is very different than driving a real car where most of the information comes from g-forces. I'd imagine everyone has their own understanding of how these two situations are similar and how they are different. Plus ACC has a lot of details that are true to life but aren't about driving and car behavior, but they still contribute to the impression of realism and authenticity.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2023
  6. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Simple answer. Yes, the aim is to have everything brought up to latest standards. The vast majority of content is already at or near to that, only some classes have not been touched yet.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rowan Unning

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    the intresting aspect of simulation + realism is if the sensation one had in a simulator can be brought to a real car.

I mean, normal person, zero experience in racing car... have its own everyday car fixed settings...
    Then start to drive a simulator... he discover how changing suspensions stiffness make a car behave differently... how tires variation in pressure change the handling sensation at given conditions...

One could think the simulator, even if not perfectly correspondent to real cars, surely is not that far away, and so curiosity to bring some settings aspect of simulator to the real car can arise..

Obviously one have better to consult an expert rather than changing is own real car basing all on a simulator.

But, when one go to a mechanic for mantainance, and let's say have to change tires cuz consumption, or suspensions cuz not more at best shape... having some experince in a simulator make one not being totaly clueless about a car's mechanical aspects.

So can a simulator helps in a real car personalization of a previously clueless user ?

I know it's strange but this sometimes comes into my mind about this when have to simply check/adjust tires pression.

8. bubblejohns

bubblejohns Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    they also look for very different and very specific things