Resolved [SOLVED] No qualifying lap time? :(

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by angusmacsac, Mar 28, 2023.

1. angusmacsac

angusmacsac New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    During qualifying - any track any car doesn't make a difference - the lap timer works and resets each time i cross the start/finish line BUT my lap time never shows/registers in the position bar - it always shows blank --|-- so after qualifying time is up i'm shown with no qualifying time and thus have to start at the back of the grid every time :( this has been ongoing for about a month now and no, I'm within track limits etc.I have been using R3E for several years now and this just started up a month ago

Last edited: Mar 28, 2023
  2. ShortyBuzzGER

ShortyBuzzGER Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    And you are sure you don't get track limit warnings so the laptime gets invalidated?

3. angusmacsac

angusmacsac New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    LOL - been using R3E for a few years now know all about qualifying and track limits etc. - this started about a month ago - thot it might resolve itself maybe after updates but still no love

4. angusmacsac

angusmacsac New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    should i reload the game? Any folders i should delete or maybe rename? I verified all the files in Steam - all good. Still no qualifying times being shown :( Even if imy qualify time was slowest it should show up in the position bar but doesn't

5. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Id check firewalls both pc and router
    Id also try via a vpn just incase your isp is blocking a certain port

Andi

6. Diderus

Diderus New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have that problem in single player single event, in race my lap times not count (in qual normal count), but opponents time are counted. Once, when on qualification lap (time is runing) on last sector, i go off track, and shows me comunicat that "next lap not count" and I hit "esc" and drive again, but time is not count on next new lap. Only when I go in qual first lap(that not count), and next lap without exit to menu timer start, and lap time count.
    But after restart game its normal count.

7. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Can you pass game.log files please?

Is there a chance you're running some dynamic overclocking of your CPU? Or is your CPU correctly setup in the bios of the system? Sometimes a bad cpu clock can lead to game ticks not matching real world time, resulting in such issues.

8. Diderus

Diderus New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oh well... I have overclocked computer (processor, ram, gpu).That single race timmings problem, I saw last week - when driving with my 5 years old son - for him i "downgrade" opponents strenght, and run single event for a long time. I normally run "multiplayer" and "competitions" , or if i'm invited to some race league - like wtcc last time (bronze or silver server):D.
    I have that overclocked computer components from a long time (years - its 8+ years old computer, only gpu has neer 2 y.o.), and its work very well in many games - Rfactor2, Euro track simulator 2, and american track simulator, assetto corsa, dirt rally, dirt rally2. Now I have no time to play - sometimes in weekend - if I will play, I will tray single player event and write here if it is still there.
    Thanks for interesting.

9. angusmacsac

angusmacsac New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    [SOLVED] yes i was overclocking the CPU 10%. When i dialed it back to no overclocking, started the game it behaved as normal and registered my grid position and changed it as i improved my lap times - so THANKYOU! J-F Chardon.
    Also once the game was started and i turned a warmup lap, i then overclocked and continued qualifying - it was still registering my lap times on the grid position - well spotted!!! :) :) :)

Last edited: Apr 5, 2023