Raceroom to move to Unreal Engine 4 in the future.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bakayoyo, Feb 18, 2017.

1. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    Will not happen during the next years, it's always the same with those techdemos: "yeah nice advertising, but we will never see this that way.

I mean there is a reason, why the AC/ACC devs will change to develop their own engine for AC2 instead of use UE, after they tried in ACC.

Those engines are good for games, like jump and runs and shooters, or maybe some arcade driving, but for good simulations it seems they are too limited(?) or too hard to handle(?), I don't know ask the ACC devs.

2. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    or cheaper in a long run

3. Bull shark Too

Bull shark Too Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Amazing. I’m a former 3D designer. 13 years ago this was only a dream. Now it is unreal 5. Lol. So cool to see this.:D

4. bubblejohns

bubblejohns Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    i dont think its worth a new engine anymore, the feature set for gameplay that are needed are huge and that wont change just with an engine swap, thats just 2 work loads. going for a new game makes more sense to me

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Not at all. A new engine won't introduce a comprehensive career mode, licences, challenges, or multiplayer with a proper rating/ranking system.
    Check out AMS 2: It has pretty graphics, but has the same number of concurrent users as RR, and 10 times less than AC.
    A new graphics engine won't solve the issues with RR.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2023
  6. davizdj

davizdj New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Please..dont use UE engine...in vr is the worst thing in the world, look acc, its a f*** shit in vr

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. davizdj

davizdj New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Perfect??.…better hardware??im on 13900k 32gb ddr5 6800mhz and rtx4090 with g2,and looks horrible

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. davizdj

davizdj New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I only play in vr, for me the monitor is history is not a matter of better hardware, but of better optimization, when the rtx8090 comes out we will continue with the same problem due to the incompetence of some developers who do not bother to optimize the games, take half life alyx or automobilista 2 as an example, they are examples good optimization and performance in vr

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. davizdj

davizdj New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    vr and monitor are different worlds, the resolution is perceived differently when having the screens close to the eyes, I play at a higher resolution than yours, 3800x3800 per eye, which means 7600x3800 and even so it does not look sharp at the distance, as I say, cannot be compared. even a game at 1080p on a monitor with everything on ultra already looks pretty good

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    If "it's the future" means "it can only be used on a future hardware", then lets leave it until this hardware arrives and use something more appropriate meanwhile. Most of the people want actual playable games, not interactive benchmarks that maybe will run properly in 2028.

• Agree Agree x 1