Preview BMW M4 GT3 - coming next week!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, May 17, 2023.

1. KW Studios

KW Studios Official Information Developer

Ratings:
    +1,503 / 0 / -0
    We introduced Raceroom’s new formal content release plan for 2023 off the back of last month’s On The Edge pack, which has proved to be super popular. Next up on the roadmap is an intermediary release between our bigger quarterly packs: we present the mighty BMW M4 GT3, due for launch next week.

[​IMG]

BMW have a history of creating sledgehammer GT3s. They just don’t do ‘just enough’ when ‘all-in’ is an option. Back in 2009, BMW Alpina’s supertanker-size B6 GT3 dwarfed pretty much everything else on track, its supercharged V8 delivering a unique rasp. The factory Z4 GT3 that followed took what was a pretty compact pseudo-roadster on the street and bolted on planet-side fenders and aero to make a low-slung Batmobile of a racer that stood out from the pack: it too carried a rumbling V8 that meant you heard it coming before you saw it.

[​IMG]

2016’s M6 GT3 was hardly a shrinking violet: again BMW opted for one of the larger cars in its range, still stuffed with V8 power. Over the last decade, BMW’s GT3 racers have delivered 24 Hour endurance wins at Spa, the Nürburgring and Dubai, and a huge number of victories in international championships. The Z4 alone counted for 67 race or class wins in 12 major series!

[​IMG]

This is all meant the M4 GT3 had a lot to live up to when it was launched last year: so it won the Dubai 24 Hours at the start of 2023, so it wouldn’t feel out of place with its older sisters. And M4s also came third and fourth… So, new BMW, same as the old one, from the point of view of its competitors. M4s are competing all around the world, from IMSA through DTM to Super GT: and now you’ll be able to drive them in Raceroom!

[​IMG]

The M4 GT3 is powered by a throaty 3-litre straight six, dialled up to 11 by twin turbos. In the typically vague parlance of GT3 manufacturers, it delivers ‘up to 590hp’: which is plenty, believe us. The gearbox is an Xtrac six-speed sequential with an electro-hydraulic clutch.

[​IMG]

Its suspension is provided by KW’s Competition department, developed at their headquarters in Germany. The 4-way adjustable racing dampers use solid piston designs so the damper liquid doesn’t overflow the working piston – and that enables a much larger force range than normal as well as more control for the driver, no matter the conditions.

[​IMG]

The M4 GT3 adds to our already super strong GT3 field, which stretches back across a decade of this fantastic class (and includes all the previous BMW models). There are more contemporary GT3s to come in the near future, with the 992 911 GT3 R joining the fray at the beginning of July.

[​IMG]

This release will also include two other important development updates. There will be an evolution to our GT3 physics, paying close attention to balance of performance, power to weight ratios, downforce/drag and other general performance indicators. We are also introducing a new FFB linearity update, which will be more dynamic and will allow us to tune the forces on a per-car basis. It should make all the cars feel more grounded and solid to drive, particularly at low speed. It will makes the existing FFB Linearity slider obsolete, so that will be removed with the update.

[​IMG]

• Like x 12
    • Love it! x 3
    • Wonderful x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Winner x 1
  2. Daniel Fowler

Daniel Fowler New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Are these screenshot from RR?
    If so....how?
    What settings etc, or is it PP effects?

Genuine question, not trolling.

Have a good day all

3. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Lachaussette

Lachaussette Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Wonderfull liveries specially the Liqui Moly

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. elkingdu50

elkingdu50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    I guess my setups will be good for the trashcan very soon :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Pierluigi Vinci

Pierluigi Vinci New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Great news! Can we also expect ABS options in the setup page and in car controls too?

7. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    No

8. Pierluigi Vinci

Pierluigi Vinci New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    i mean, not in this update since is'nt mentioned, but in the near future

9. Mike Kara

Mike Kara Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I know reshade works but maybe u guys could consider updating the "colour" presets that are available in the game? I mean these 4 that are hidden in the "moods" folder of which players can choose from via some notepad editing or something like that (can't remember, maybe it was rename as default the preset u want to use?)
    because the presets we have now aren't the best and this game really could look better only by some colours adjustments like we can see on ur screenshots but not everybody want to mess with some 3rd party programs to achieve that

• Agree Agree x 10
    Last edited: May 17, 2023
  10. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Yeah would be good if we could add our own "Mood" preset of our choice? ;)

11. Hendrick

Hendrick Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    Hoping for a release trailer to hear the roar of this beast :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. X-Vector

X-Vector New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    What will this mean for people with low power FFB wheels?
    I'm using a Thrustmaster TMX Pro which only offers 2Nm peak torque and the recommended 70% linearity feels spot-on (I also use that setting in Assetto Corsa).
    Will the new linearity system automatically adjust itself to the chosen wheel profile and if not, will there be any other way to get rid of the low torque deadzone/"hole in the middle"?

13. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +563 / 0 / -0
    The changes should work especially well on those low power wheels :)

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  14. Schweetz

Schweetz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Have mentioned it on Twitter before, but can this car please also be added as GT(r) 4 car? :D

15. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    They are asking for a m4 gt4 ; its there

Andi

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: May 23, 2023
  18. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Technically hes asking for a gt4 car thats based on the m4 gt3 which is based on the current gen road m4 so id interpret it as wanting the current m4 gt4.
    Say it was 2012, the then current road m3 was announced as coming to r3e and i ask for a dtm version of that m3 to be added and you tell me the 1992 m3 dtm is in game already then i probably wouldnt be fully satisfied with that :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Schweetz

Schweetz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Thank you all for reacting.. but I'm a "she" :p :rolleyes:

And yes, I'm refering to the new/current M4 GT4, the older M4 is already in my garage. Saw this bad boy in Munchen a few weeks ago. Love it. At first I wasn't a big fan of the big hamster nose. Now I can really appreciate it.

Funny thing. The night before I discovered Charlie Martin was also near the BMW Munchen area.. the next day husband and I had a good visit to both BMW Welt and BMW Museum and because it was pooring outside, we waited our chances in the restaurant with curry wurst. Found a spot in the back and how rare and coincidential.. Charlie was sitting right in front of me at another table.. Fun moment.""Eehm, heya"

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  20. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    What actually is so unbelieveable super-important about always having the latest up-to-date model/evolution of each brand, than just the Hype and Teasing about it ? (to sell something)...especially regarding Racesims that normally will egalize them all via BoP anyway ?
    They all have four wheels, an engine customized for each series for to chase them around a Racetrack.
    I just recently started to check out the F488, which is really cool to drive, but "outdated" (*shaking my head vigorously*) already as the F296 occupies that space now, so the usual suspects already start to whine again... :rolleyes: I mean do you really think about that kind of "Consumers Conditioning" a little more deeper, even if just for a few moments, you mindless slaves :D ? (and cherish what you've already got ?)

Just sayin'....

• Agree Agree x 1