News Ranked Championship - Season 1 2023

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Jun 2, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RaceRoom

RaceRoom game.raceroom.com Developer

Ratings:
    +1,964 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to Season 1 of the 2023 Ranked Championship!

We received a lot of great feedback after the first two seasons of the Ranked Championship in 2022: we've listened to you, and made some changes we hope you'll like.

Introducing the three series that comprise Season 1

Let’s start with the biggest change. Each of the three series within the Ranked Championship (Mazda MX-5 Cup, KTM GTX Trophy and GT3 Pro Series) will have their own self-contained championship with leaderboards and points-scoring races. The calendar is designed so the races for each series will be held over thee consecutive weeks, meaning there are no clashes.

This gives everyone the possibility to enter as many series as they would like!

Three series comprising four championships each – with prizes up for grabs!
    Each series has four competitions: the global leaderboard plus three regional, four-race championships.

Everyone is invited to participate in the leaderboards, even if you don't own the cars or tracks – all the content will be made available for free for these events. However, you will need to own the relevant content in order to participate in the championship races.

The global leaderboard standings and regional race championships have a vRP prize pool for the top drivers, with a cool 5,000 vRP going to the winners of each category. The number of drivers who can win vRPs will also increase based on the number of participants in each competition – from the top 15 to the top 30 – so the more drivers who enter, the more players will win!

The nine winners of the regional race championships will also win a coveted Raceroom victory trophy to celebrate their performance: these physical trophies will be shipped to you once Season 1 is concluded.

Bonus: if you participate in all races of a series, you will receive a 500 vRP bonus regardless of your final position in the standings.
    [​IMG]

Race day: Wednesday
    Each series within the Ranked Championship will have a race day on Wednesday. If you participate in one series, you will race once every three weeks. If you participate in all series, you will race every week.

[​IMG]
    Everyone is invited to race, of any skill level and from any region! There is no limit to the maximum number of players per series per region.

A confirmation form will be opened on the Friday before the race. On Monday, all drivers who set a lap time on the leaderboard for that series will receive an email with the same confirmation form. To be clear: this means you do not have to enter the leaderboards if you only want to race. It also means you can enter the leaderboards without having to race.

Calendar for Season 1
    [​IMG]

Timetable for race days per region
    [​IMG]

On each race day, when the confirmation form for a region closes, the Ratings and Reputations of all confirmed drivers within that region are fetched.

The confirmed drivers are then sorted by a simple formula to determine the grids:
    rating * (reputation/100)

The first European split for every series will be broadcasted live on the official RaceRoom channels. Drivers are allowed to stream their race. Broadcasters are encouraged to stream the Oceania and America races and can request access to the servers.

Good luck and have fun!
    Let us know what you think about the new season. Will you be participating only on the leaderboards, are you going for more than one series or maybe even taking on racing in multiple regions? We certainly hope you enjoy this new season of Ranked on Raceroom. Good luck and have fun!

Rulebook V1.0.1 published on Friday, June 23 2023.

Clarification - Global Championship and Regional Races
    Everything is described in the Rulebook, but not everybody wants to read it so hopefully this clears some things up.
    • The in-game Championships/Competition Leaderboards are global: everybody can set a lap time (even if you don't own the content). Based on the number of participants per Championship, there is a vRP prize pool for the top xx after the last round for each Championship/Series.
    • The Races are regional, for all three main regions. America, Europe and Oceania each have separate Race Standings with prizes. The number of prizes depends on the number of participants as well (more participants, more prizes). For these races you need to own the content.
    • The email address you use to confirm has to be the same as you have in your RaceRoom Account in order to get invited to the race. If you submit a wrong email address, there is a big chance we can not put you on the grid, or we find an "old account" with no rating.

Balance of Performance will be applied for the GT3 Pro Series. The BoP will be posted in this topic for each round once it's available. The bonus vRP for participating in all rounds of a series is limited to 1x500 vRP per account.

• Like Like x 14
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2023
  2. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    1. I already waited for a new championship announcement and will hopefully be able to participate at all races
    2. 3 of 4 Tracks belong to my favorites (the other one is absolutely okay)
    3. It will be GTX or GT3
    4. I hope that on Silver or Bronze Servers (were I probably will end like last year) the folks show patience, dicipline and sportsmanship (adressed at the usual "I'll win the race at T1 candidates")
    5. I wish everybody good luck & gg ;)

3. GSC Sangohan

GSC Sangohan New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Bonjour je manquerait une manche vacance oblige la saison 2 était vraiment bien j'ai rencontré de bon pilotes sympa et fair play hâte que sa commence

4. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Was going to ask about that, but I see this is allowed.

About 500 vRP bonus for all races. Do you have to do all 4 races in the same region?

5. Rowan Unning

Rowan Unning Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    the rate rep formula gives this nice reference graph:

rate_rep.jpg

nice to see champs back *thumb up*

• Wonderful Wonderful x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. steve.dallavalle1

steve.dallavalle1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would like to participate I would like to understand how to do it Where should I register?

7. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    "A confirmation form will be opened on the Friday before the race. On Monday, all drivers who set a lap time on the leaderboard for that series will receive an email with the same confirmation form."

8. steve.dallavalle1

steve.dallavalle1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you.
    affected races for these championships are yet to come out

9. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Bargain Hunter ? :)

10. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    No, just not sure I'll be free to do all races on the same region schedule.

11. Rowan Unning

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Maybe, since heat waves in europe in summer ( almost all races ), the qualify and starting time can be postponed at fresher hours ( 1 - 1.5 hour later ) for Europe ?

Maybe a poll for userbase prefs, or per-race decision by real meteo conditions.

Just an idea that came into mind.

12. Peloquin79

Peloquin79 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Blame me, but I still have no idea how to participate.

"A confirmation form will be opened on the Friday before the race." Where? How? I Is it an online form I have to fill out? If so, where is it available? I have found none. Next race is on Wednesday so it should be opened.

"On Monday, all drivers who set a lap time on the leaderboard for that series will receive an email with the same confirmation form."
    Does this mean one has to do a leaderboard lap to participate? Or is this just an alternative way?

I can't make haeads nor tails of that.

Help is appreciated, thanks,

Peter

13. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    first question:
    Friday before the race. Race is still over 2 weeks away. Follow this thread for news and updates
    second question:
    read entire part:
    "A confirmation form will be opened on the Friday before the race. On Monday, all drivers who set a lap time on the leaderboard for that series will receive an email with the same confirmation form."
    its the same form with leaderboard entry or not, therefore leaderboard entry is not mandatory

14. Peloquin79

Peloquin79 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I apologize, somehow I got fixed to the idea that the first race starts already this wednesday although it clearly says June 21st, that got me confused. Sorry for bothering you with my silliness ^^

• Like Like x 1
  15. CaptainCoffee

CaptainCoffee Esports Manager Beta tester

Ratings:
    +201 / 0 / -0
    Yes, the bonus will be handed out based on the (regional) standings. As the administration is done manually, it would make it complicated when having to check the standings across all regions to see if someone has participated in all 4 races.

Also note: if you participate in the same series across multiple regions, your standings will be scattered across those regions as well. So in that case it would become difficult to get high in the standings

16. CaptainCoffee

CaptainCoffee Esports Manager Beta tester

Ratings:
    +201 / 0 / -0
    We did move the start already compared to last year, but it would make sense to open a poll if there are enough people who vote. It would help with the folks who can't make it due to work in a slightly different timezone.

Question would then become, do we move the start times globally or per region?

17. Rowan Unning

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    no idea, i was concerned about Europe citizens due to this last year phenomena : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_European_heat_waves

Are peak hours temps... no idea how temps down slope in evening per euregions

18. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Let it as it is
    You can't make the whole world happy

19. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Yup, for me its already too late :D

20. CaptainCoffee